Author Topic: PlayStation Pro Rant  (Read 1322 times)

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• Check out our YouTube Channel
  • PSN: teddyuk1
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1442
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 775
  • Level: 7
  • Trophies: 17
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
PlayStation Pro Rant
« on: September 08, 2016, 05:50:16 pm »
Well done Sony for completely messing up and becoming the laughing joke of the whole gaming community :(

I was aware that the "PlayStation Neo" was coming and I wasn't too sure about it myself but remained positive but after the announcement made the other day it completely put me in a major rant!!

You might ask why and I will indeed tell you my reasons why I'm hacked off and that I feel that Sony who had the lead against Microsoft has completely lost it and has given our rivals a huge advantage.

Firstly who on earth is going to buy one??
The price is ridiculous for a start and yes I do realise the PS4 was around the same price at launch but we are talking about a console that has its main focus on 4K graphics that is completely pointless unless you own a 4K television which is very unlikely unless you have a lot of money to spare which the majority hasn't!

So most people will go flooding to buy one of these consoles and not have a clue that the graphics will be exactly the same as a normal PS4 and what is the point?

Secondly Sony decided not to include Blu-ray in the new console which you would have thought they would have done as most "rich" people who own a 4K television would have loved to see blu-ray in 4K but Nope!!

And what could be the reason that they didn't include it? Maybe whoever owns the property of Blu-ray didn't give permission? Oh wait.. SONY owns the rights already!! OMG!!

I would like to apologise for my rant but what is the point of going out and spending that sort of money just to have a bigger ram and 4K graphics that won't even benefit you unless you are Donald trump and own a 4k television already.

Microsoft and the PlayStation community is laughing at this joke of a console and what on earth are Sony doing apart from trying to get gamers to spend thousands of pounds for a console and TV for slightly improved graphics.

The only slight good thing is the announcement of the PlayStation4 slim which is something and is reasonably priced but again it's completely pointless if you already own a PS4

Rant over lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chullocookie

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Get Lucky.
  • PSN: ChulloCookie
  • Likes Given: 140
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 227
  • Level: 2
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3
    • View Profile
Re: PlayStation Pro Rant
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 07:00:54 pm »
Doesnt matter anyway since the majority of games wont run native 4k resolution on either the PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpio :P They'll pretty much just be upscaled to 4k. If you are going for 4k gaming you should go all out on a high end PC and 4k Monitor since you'll be able to play most games on max setting with very few framerate issues.

If you ask me we shouldn't be moving on straight to 4k on console, 1440p is a nice resolution that wouldn't need as expensive a TV to use effectively.

e30bemer

• Battlefield 1 Guru??
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: e30bemer
  • Main League: GTA V
  • Likes Given: 222
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 436
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 6
  • MW3 Champion Season 2 Driveclub Challenge League - Season 2 - Runner Up Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 08:23:46 am »
So ted... did ya pre-order one yet??  :21:

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 11:59:01 am »
Just waiting for my lottery win :p

Plantsman

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Plantsman
  • Likes Given: 402
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1198
  • Level: 10
  • Trophies: 14
  • 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL GT5 Semi-Pro League - Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 Black Ops 2 - 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 12:11:04 am »
you xbox fanboy you :36:

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 12:40:50 am »

I'm not a Xbox fanboy quite yet lol

I do own one and enjoy playing it but the PS4 is still miles ahead

SN1PER-2

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Let's do this !! #TEAMLH44
  • PSN: SN1PER-2
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • FIFA Club: Arsenal
  • Main League: Formula 5
  • My Favourite Game: Call of Duty
  • Likes Given: 49
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 12:47:52 am »
is ps4 all day long!!!

Plantsman

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL GT5 Semi-Pro League - Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 Black Ops 2 - 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 01:06:47 am »
It does have a bluray it just doesn't have a 4k bluray :3:   Of all the people I know you have 4K tvs they stream their 4K content. Blurays have even sank in sales, so is it even worthwhile investing in a 4K player? I wouldn't.  The vast majority of pc gamers aren't 4K so it's all pie in the sky, you dont need a 4k player to play 4K games neither

Personally I wish Sony hadn't even bothered with the Pro, its just mudded the waters. MS have got their Scorpio (all on paper as of yet), thats a next gen machine not a Xboxone Plus. Sony should have waited.

Not sure I'll get one, will wait for PS5 as long as Sony don't screw up over the Pro, and are still around  :17:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 01:09:50 am by Plantsman »

Tejuarr

• Charismatic Enigma
  • Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 1837
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 07:15:23 am »

I'm not a Xbox fanboy quite yet lol

I do own one and enjoy playing it but the PS4 is still miles ahead

Blasphemy, get out.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1094
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 12:53:22 pm »
Blimey Teddy, they really yanked your chain didn't they! lol
Funnily enough, i bought a 4K TV last month lol  ;)  I agree with much of Plantsman's points to be honest. It is a bit off that there is no 4K blu ray player, but, how many people are or will be buying 4K discs. When was the last time you honestly bought a normal Blu Ray disk? My onlt issue is with what it does to the normal release cycle and whether this will be the norm now.

I think plenty of people will buy one, that is in no doubt. If you could afford to buy one at 400 back in 2013 i don't see a big deal with 350 in 2016. Plus, there is the perfectly useable normal PS4 at 250 or less if you need to watch the pennies.

You need to untwist your knickers Ted!!  ;) :)

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 03:45:25 pm »
I do need to untwist myself lol

I do agree with some of the old mans points but I do still stick to my point about the pro and how much of a waste of money it would be to buy one considering at the moment it would be selected games anyway in 4K and why bother when you can just purchase a Gaming PC and play the majority of games instead?

When the PS4 first got released I had no problem in getting one because it was more powerful then the PS3 and it was moving on in a new direction just as the PS3 did when moving away from the PS2. We are now talking about the PlayStation Pro which is basically the PS4 with the compatibility of playing selected games in 4K and having a bigger memory so if you want to buy one then you would have to purchase a 4K television as well so you are looking at nearly 1000!! Otherwise just spending 350 on just the console would be completely pointless lol

If you already have a 4K television then maybe just maybe it might be worth getting one but IMO it's just not worth it unless of course you need a replacement for your PS4 if it's broken etc

But I can't believe you actually have a 4K television Adam, the question is would you actually save up and buy the PlayStation Pro? Lol

SN1PER-2

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 03:38:11 am »
Ted is right why spent over 1000 pounds for this you might aswell wait for PlayStation 5 and then splash it out

With ps4 u will get same thing except the 4K graphic which most games won't have at the beginning

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1094
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 07:38:08 am »
Where do you get 1000 from? The Pro is for people that want the best that PlayStation can offer, and for people that were already going to be buying a 4K TV for their living room gaming. If people know about Pro already, rather than the average consumer, they should be savvy enough to know what it offers. And they shouldn't be going out and buying a new TV just for it, they would realise they could build a beast of a PC.

Anyone would think they are not offering the normal PS4! Sony are giving options to people, they can't be rationally criticised for that?!

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 10:33:05 am »
I think it's safe to say that this has divided opinion in the whole PlayStation community and nobody is right or wrong on this. I will take back the 1000 as being a little extreme but my point was that anyone who wanted to buy a PlayStation Pro and see the benefit of it would also have to buy a 4K Television which you can buy for as little as 350 so potentially that would be 700 spent!

I can see where you are coming from regarding wanting to have the best that the PlayStation has to offer and those who can afford it will see the benefit with 4K graphics (on selected games remember) and good for them

Personally I don't see the point of it and I think Sony could have just saved their money and focus on the PS5 but that's my opinion.

I just hope people don't rush out and waste their money on these consoles unless they generally can afford it and know the facts.

Apart from that I will just stick to my PS4 for now :)

Plantsman

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 09:07:21 am »
Can't understand why everyones so hung up over 4K graphics at the moment, it just isnt going to happen. It's more than likely devs will stick with 1080p but have them running at 60fps, I'd be happy with that.

I'd have prefered Sony to have just released the slim and have waited, but now the Pro has been announced I would have dropped the slim and gone all out for the Pro. Just to much confusion

SN1PER-2

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 03:55:27 am »
lets wait and see , i was goin to upgrade but there is better things to buy with this kind of money