Author Topic: Leaving PSGL soon  (Read 1196 times)

JakeWarriorBFC

• Former FP Champion & Former F1 and FIFA Director
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Paul Heckingbottom, he's one of our own!
  • PSN: JakeWarriorBFC
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Likes Given: 1817
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3590
  • Level: 24
  • Trophies: 17
  • GT6 Pro League - Constrcutors Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - Classic League Constructors Champion - Season 1 GT5 Semi-Pro League - Drivers Runner Up - Season 1 GT5 Semi-Pro League - Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 14 European Football League Division 2 Runner Up [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
Leaving PSGL soon
« on: May 31, 2016, 06:26:38 pm »
A few weeks ago, I made the decision that in mid-July (after the current F1, FIFA seasons and the Euro 201) I will be taking a hiatus from PSGL. It will most likely be a very long one or even permanent but you never know what can happen in life so I donít want to put a time frame on it.

The main reason for deciding this is that I just want a fresh start, I want to start moving forward in my degree and career aswell as making YouTube videos away from PSGL. I know it would be easy to just cut down on what I do on the site but to be honest I donít think it would help and itís in my character to put 100% in everything I do and I wouldn't be happy just being in one league.

Iíve told a few people about this and I wasnít going to reveal it until much closer to the time but in all honesty I just wanted to get it off my chest. I didn't really want to drag the speculation out once it started.

PSGL has helped me through a lot in my life and Iíve had so many great memories here and Iím sure the F1 leagues will continue to grow and get better as they have done during my time here.

I was really proud to play a key role in getting the FIFA leagues back on their feet last summer and it is brilliant to see how active they are now and Iím sure with Kieranís hard work that will only improve.

A thank you to everyone who has made my time on here amazing, there are far too many to name.

Iím looking forward to the remaining matches and races I have left and hopefully it will end on a high :)

Jake

PSGL FIFA Leagues Director/Admin - PSGL FIFA Championship Season 2 Champion - PSGL Thursday Assisted League Constructors Champion - PSGL F5 (Season Three on F1 2015) Drivers Champion - PSGL F5 (Season One and Three on F1 2015) Constructors Champion

Faunus01

• Pat Sharp's creation.
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Formula 1 for everyone
  • PSN: Faunus01
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • Main League: Formula 2
  • Likes Given: 1236
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1149
  • Level: 10
  • Trophies: 14
  • F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - FP Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - FP Drivers Champion - Season 2 GT3 Championship - Constructors Runner Up - Season 4
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving PSGL soon
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 06:33:45 pm »
Good luck in the future mate, we will always welcome you back with open arms (and champange ;) )
PSGL Career: Starts:60 Poles:15 Wins:10 Podiums:28 DNFs:2 Fastest Laps:8   Points:586 WDC:2 WCC:3

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• Check out our YouTube Channel
  • PSN: teddyuk1
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1442
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 775
  • Level: 7
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 06:38:41 pm »
Really sad to see you go and I remember you first arriving on the site and the fresh burst of energy you brought with it.

I wish you all the best and hope you come back but be reassured that you will always be a part of the community and that you will always be welcome back.

Good luck for your future and thanks for everything you have done. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tejuarr

• Charismatic Enigma
  • Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 1838
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 06:53:20 pm »
Known of this for sometime, alluding to Jakes opening post.
He will be back, he's been bitten, infected, he will go cold turkey and overdose on gravy and pancakes.

If not:
Then I have thuroughly enjoyed gaming alongside you, getting to know you as a person and with your help striving this website forward on a regular basis; your a credit to the site, your effort is undeniable and alongside Kieran we have a great platform for FIFA.

Mr Jake Blatter hands over full control to Kieran Platini.

Ah the arguing, those where always good ;).

Remco Vengeance

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Littleremco01
  • F1 Team: Red Bull
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 443
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3656
  • Level: 25
  • Trophies: 14
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - Classic League Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2013 - Classic League Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 07:21:32 pm »
Still owe you for letting me feel welcome here Jake, something I will never forget!  :113:
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 176 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 127 | Points - 1959 | World Championships - 5
Season 8 Race of Champions Winner

SentinelK5

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• In Arsene We Trust!
  • PSN: SentinelK5
  • FIFA Club: Arsenal
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 418
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3459
  • Trophies: 21
  • FIFA 16 - Premiership Champion - Season 1 FIFA 13 - EU League - Serie A Champion - Season 1 FIFA 13 - 5v5 Cup Winner - Season 4 FIFA 12 EU Premiership Winner - Season 3 FIFA 12 Challenge League Winner - Season 4
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 07:41:50 pm »
That's a shock :( Sad to see this but credit to you and your reasons. Don't think I have ever seen the FIFA leagues as active as they are now and credit to you and Kieran. A big loss for the FIFA leagues but thank you for all your hard work and effort that you put in - all the new ideas you and Kieran have put in place for FIFA and no doubt you are going to be missed, plus your commentary! Like what has been said before by the others, I hope your Hiatus won't be permanent and you come back sooner rather than later mate  <ns>
FIFA 17 League Champion / 16 Premier League Champion (Season 1) / FIFA 16 ONO Cup Champion (S, 1) / ONO B Cup Champion (S,7) / FIFA 13 Serie A Champion (Season 1)
FIFA 12 / 13 Challenge League Champion (Seasons 2, 3, 4 & 7)
FIFA13 PS3GL Cup Champion (Season 4) / FIFA 5V5 Cup Champions - (Spurs)
FIFA 12 EU Premier Division Champion (Season 3)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1095
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 10:04:04 am »
Very sad to hear the news, but happy it is for the right reasons.

You are a credit to the site Jake, but also to your family and yourself. Your maturity and level headed-ness has always proven to be beyond your years and that good attitude and way you conduct yourself will stand you in good stead whatever you decide to go into and wherever you end up.

These days there aren't many teenagers which are able to act with respect, maturity and calm level headedness online. You, like a few other younger lads on PSGL, have almost grown up on the site in many ways I think. I hope we as a, largely, friendly community have helped play some small part in these  formative years.

Your passion for the community, the leagues and the players you have got to know has been invaluable to site but also me. At moments of upheaval for the site and leagues you have often stepped up and proven to be a first class league admin and latterly league director in both F1 and FIFA. Always showing your worth as someone who could be trusted. We thank your for that Jake, and the many members should also thank you and the other admins and directors who spend many hours and much energy to ensure things are as fun and fair as they can be here.

Good luck in the future Jake. I have no doubt that with the passion and hard work you display you will get to where you want to be. The road may not always be easy, it may not always be the most direct, but I am sure you will get the there. And it is these journeys in life, the ones we care the most about, which always mean the most. So you are right to give it your all, all your focus.

HF

PhilMcGivern

• Man Citeh number one fan.
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: philip_mcfc
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • FIFA Club Position: Goalkeeper
  • FIFA Club: Gravy Cakes
  • Likes Given: 488
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 3
  • F1 2016 - FP Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2015 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 16 - Division One Champion - Season 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 10:26:09 am »
Gutted to hear about you leaving pal :'(

Had no idea this is what you were talking about!

Of course i wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do now and especially with Uni! sure you'll nail all the exams and get the degree you want, which is? :40:

It's been a pleasure to know you since i joined! just a top bloke who works hard for the site and the members on it, whether they're veterans or newbies! got me into F5 as well which i'm grateful for :D
Still got a couple races in this season so i look forward to the battles that may happen ;)

Of course just because you're leaving PSGL doesn't mean that you can get rid of all of us :112:
If we're online together expect an invite to a party for pro clubs maybe :36:

and as others as said you'll always be welcome back should you return (Again ;))

See you round Jake :113:
F1 Career: 1 Poles. 0 Wins. 1 Podium.
F5 Career: 1 Poles. 3 Win. 4 Podium.

JakeWarriorBFC

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • GT6 Pro League - Constrcutors Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - Classic League Constructors Champion - Season 1 GT5 Semi-Pro League - Drivers Runner Up - Season 1 GT5 Semi-Pro League - Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 14 European Football League Division 2 Runner Up [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 10:44:45 am »
Thanks for the kind words everyone, it means a lot :)

Of course i wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do now and especially with Uni! sure you'll nail all the exams and get the degree you want, which is? :40:

I'm doing Sports Journalism  :113:

PSGL FIFA Leagues Director/Admin - PSGL FIFA Championship Season 2 Champion - PSGL Thursday Assisted League Constructors Champion - PSGL F5 (Season Three on F1 2015) Drivers Champion - PSGL F5 (Season One and Three on F1 2015) Constructors Champion

PhilMcGivern

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2016 - FP Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2015 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 16 - Division One Champion - Season 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 10:46:49 am »
I'm sure you'll smash it pal :113:

Try not to be too biased to Barnsley  ;)

JakeWarriorBFC

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 10:47:53 am »
I'm sure you'll smash it pal :113:

Try not to be too biased to Barnsley  ;)

Cheers mate :)

It is difficult though when we are being so brilliant at the moment ;)

Tejuarr

• Charismatic Enigma
  • Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 11:35:15 am »

Did his strong view points on all things sport not give you an inclination! As long as he doesn't write tripe in the rags he's a good one for me!

PhilMcGivern

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 11:38:21 am »

Did his strong view points on all things sport not give you an inclination! As long as he doesn't write tripe in the rags he's a good one for me!

You should know by now that i'm not the quickest at putting 2 and 2 together Tej! :35:

FabulousChicken0

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: FabulousChicken0
  • Likes Given: 713
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1997
  • Level: 15
  • Trophies: 10
  • FIFA 16 - Premiership Champion - Season 2 Le Mans Championship - Runner Up - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F6 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2015 - F6 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 11:56:35 am »
This came as a bit of shock to me when you first told me about this a few weeks ago and I'm still gutted about it. Over the last few months it has been a pleasure running the FIFA leagues with you. You have done a fantastic job in getting the FIFA leagues to where they are today.

I remember when I just signed up to the FIFA leagues and I saw one idiot who was wanting to use Barnsley when the rest of us were using 4 star teams! I also remember the first time I played FIFA against you. It was the the third ONO cup on FIFA 15 when I accidently subbed my best player off at the start of the game and still beat you 2-0 ;). Since then we have played countless amounts of games on FIFA and more recently on Rocket League (you should really learn how to fly on Rocket League btw).

Towards the end of the FIFA 15 cycle I remember Jake coming to me and asking me to help him out with running the FIFA 16 leagues. I instantly said yes. Since then me and Jake have a good laugh running the FIFA leagues and it's a shame it's going to come to an end.

Hopefully we can still play some FIFA, Rocket League and F1 when you are around.

Good luck in the future mate. Maybe one day we will see you on Sky talking about F1 :)

Kieran
I've watched Southampton play at Dagenham & Redbridge in League 1 and at the San Siro in the Europa League in the space of 7 years.

Tejuarr

• Charismatic Enigma
  • Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 12:33:31 pm »
I would take Jakes Barnsleh accent anyday over the bumbling rambling idiotic half arsed punditry of Craig Slater.

JakeWarriorBFC

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 12:38:47 pm »
I would take Jakes Barnsleh accent anyday over the bumbling rambling idiotic half arsed punditry of Craig Slater.

It's actually a joke that he gets anywhere near F1 coverage. Sign me up Sky!