Author Topic: PC Gaming?  (Read 1877 times)

Michael_Holliday

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSN: Michael_Holliday
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 66
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1558
  • Level: 13
  • Trophies: 12
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 Runner Up [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
PC Gaming?
« on: September 16, 2015, 03:32:22 pm »
Just wondering if anyone plays any games on the PC?

During my time away, I started to watch a lot of streams on Twitch and started to play some PC games which wern't just Football Manager. Would be great to play with people other than randomers as all my friends are console only.

Just wondering if anyone plays any of the following, as I'm looking to get into them a lot more in the near future: Hearthstone, H1Z1, Smite, CS:GO, LoL.

Or does anyone have any suggestions for games to have a look at?
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1195
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
Re: PC Gaming?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 03:42:18 pm »
Is H1Z1 the zombie game from what was Sony Online Entertainment? Or is that the other zombie survival game?

PC games used to be like crack to me, especially when I went trough a phase of having my own character on my brother Lord of the Rings Online account. I'd think nothing of spending 14 hours say in front of the screen lol Shocking really.

I know Three-Socks has built himself a new gaming rig for around 480, that's just the tower. It matches if not betters the PS4 graphics I believe, and means he can upgrade.

Remco Vengeance

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Littleremco01
  • F1 Team: Force India
  • Main League: Formula 2
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 462
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3656
  • Level: 25
  • Trophies: 14
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - Classic League Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2013 - Classic League Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 03:49:04 pm »
I'm playing League of Legends at the moment and some classics I used to play as a kid. I'm still hoping to get my hands on H1Z1 some day.

Season 8 Race of Champions Winner
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 197 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 131 | Points - 2044| World Championships - 5
"I know I said you're the greatest fans in the world, but get the fuck out the way!"

Michael_Holliday

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSN: Michael_Holliday
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 66
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1558
  • Level: 13
  • Trophies: 12
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 Runner Up [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 04:13:53 pm »
Is H1Z1 the zombie game from what was Sony Online Entertainment? Or is that the other zombie survival game?

Yeah that's the one. It's coming to PS4 eventually sometime as well.

Played it for a couple of hours the other day and the core mechanics are there. It's still in Alpha but you can see where they're looking to head with it. Think DayZ, but a lot more user friendly.

Football Manager's the one that always gets me. I never want to quit if I've just lost because I want to finish on a high and I never want to quit when I've won, as I wanna see how far I can go unbeaten haha. I've gotten around 300 hours game time on FM 15; 13 FULL days in the past year!

I've spent a good chunk of money on mine as well (probably around 750/800 in parts when I bought them around 2 years ago. Still plays everything I play on High Settings although the graphics card is a dated now), I just never really got round to actually playing much on it.

I'm playing League of Legends at the moment and some classics I used to play as a kid. I'm still hoping to get my hands on H1Z1 some day.

I go hot and cold on LoL for some reason. I really enjoy watching the LCS but find myself getting bored playing Solo-Q all the time! I'd say to hold off on H1Z1 if your looking for a finished game. But if you don't mind playing games still in early development then go for it. They're updating the game pretty much every week at the moment.
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

Hulkenburger

• Honi soit qui mal y pense
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Hulkenburger
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • Main League: Formula 3
  • Likes Given: 153
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 4
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 04:20:08 pm »
I tend to play strategy games on PC, I have around 450 hours on Crusader Kings 2 over the past year and I find Hearts of Iron to be one of the most infuriatingly complex games I've ever played but I still love it, outside of that I don't play many PC games though.
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Completed 47 - Points 310 - Pole Laps 8 - Wins 4 - Podiums 13 (probably not accurate anymore)
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5 Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

Remco Vengeance

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Littleremco01
  • F1 Team: Force India
  • Likes Given: 462
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3656
  • Level: 25
  • Trophies: 14
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - Classic League Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2013 - Classic League Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 04:28:37 pm »

Quote from: Michael Holiday
I go hot and cold on LoL for some reason. I really enjoy watching the LCS but find myself getting bored playing Solo-Q all the time! I'd say to hold off on H1Z1 if your looking for a finished game. But if you don't mind playing games still in early development then go for it. They're updating the game pretty much every week at the moment.

I can definitely understand your point on the LCS and the Solo Queue thing. My goal for this season was to get to Gold 5 for that precious victorious skin. But I was put into Bronze 3 so I had to climb my way into the ranking which I kind of like. The fact that most games are full of people who believe to have fucked my mother is still a big let down for me.

Season 8 Race of Champions Winner
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 197 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 131 | Points - 2044| World Championships - 5
"I know I said you're the greatest fans in the world, but get the fuck out the way!"

RC_MoNsteR_99

• PSGL Premium Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: RC_MoNsteR_99
  • Likes Given: 140
  • PSGL Achievements
  • PSGL Premium
  • Gamerscore: 2457
  • Level: 18
  • Trophies: 3
  • F1 2014 - F1 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 GT6 - Time Trial Runner Up - Season 1 GT6 Semi-Pro League - Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 09:28:28 am »
Here's a list of my games. All driving related

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198113493595/games/?tab=all

BobbyDeacs

• Captain Slow.
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: BobbyDeacs
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 379
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2063
  • Level: 16
  • Trophies: 4
  • F1 2014 - FP1 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2014 - FP1 Drivers Runner Up - Season 1 Awarded to members with 1000 posts F1 2012 - NAC2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 10:55:13 am »
You are a "Racing Nutcase" RC :)

BTW, PC Gaming is way in advance of where it used to be though you will have to get used to X,Y,A,B from the otherwise brilliant XBox controller.

If you're into retro there are some great bargains too plus there's always a nice mod to find. Just brought CD key from a seller for GTA III, GTA Vice, GTA SA, GTA IV & GTA IV Episodes - all for 10.

You may think it's a bit crap playing GTA III all these years on, but when it's running at 1080p at a perfect 60fps (or more, I can't tell) and you have a mod which which renders it on triple screen (5960x1080 for me), it's still pretty awesome actually.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1195
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 10:13:52 pm »
7.7 hours on F1 Race Stars RC? Please tell me you have kids!! lol

Haha  good stuff Bobby. I know the modders did an awful lot with GTA V to really make that engine sing sweetly. You can certainly pick up bargains on PC, but if you want the latest and greatest it can often be a similar price to console. I know Three-Socks was desperate for MGS5 so paid full whack at 45 i think.

RC_MoNsteR_99

• PSGL Premium Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: RC_MoNsteR_99
  • Likes Given: 140
  • PSGL Achievements
  • PSGL Premium
  • Gamerscore: 2457
  • Level: 18
  • Trophies: 3
  • F1 2014 - F1 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 GT6 - Time Trial Runner Up - Season 1 GT6 Semi-Pro League - Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 07:26:49 am »
Lol. Im the only kid in the house. Played race stars a lot more on ps3. It was quite fun actualy

Verstuurd van mijn C6903

Betrayer46

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• VR46 the G.O.A.T
  • PSN: Betrayer46
  • Likes Given: 744
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 5528
  • Level: 34
  • Trophies: 29
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 GT5 Pro League - Drivers Champion - Season 1 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 6 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 5 GT5 PSGL Cup Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 07:48:47 am »
I loved F1 race stars, as did my little man. Still play it on my lap top when we're bored.