Author Topic: 24 Hours of Le Mans Discussion  (Read 1458 times)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1215
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
24 Hours of Le Mans Discussion
« on: June 10, 2015, 11:26:01 pm »
I see the first qualifying session is currently taking place, Porsche looking competitive. It will be interesting to see how Nissan do, I was reading something interesting stuff about their car and philosophy on my lunch break today.

http://m.autosport.com/commentary.php/id/865

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
Re: 24 Hours of Le Mans Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 10:37:15 pm »
Porsche looking strong, top three places locked out with a pole so far of 3.16.8. But it is all about the race, so will they have the reliability?

Just watching the final part of qualifying on Eurosport.

ELITEBUZZ_TIGAZ

• Callum Skidmore-Woods
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Don't be sad it's over, Smile because it happened
  • PSN: HammerHeadEagle1
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • FIFA Club: Tottenham
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • Likes Given: 308
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1168
  • Level: 10
  • Trophies: 9
  • FIFA 16 - Premiership 3rd Place - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Championship Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 15 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 02:02:00 am »
Porsche looking strong, top three places locked out with a pole so far of 3.16.8. But it is all about the race, so will they have the reliability?

Just watching the final part of qualifying on Eurosport.
how are the aston's looking, they still do this right?
"if you dont want blue flags, be at the front!"Kimi Raikonnen
"Life is like a box of chocolates" MrAgro
 "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." Some girl in my school
"Time's fun when you're having flies." Kermit the Frog

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 07:33:54 am »
I think it was an Aston at the front the GT Pro field, with a Ferrari just behind. Most likely with Fisichella in I imagine.

ELITEBUZZ_TIGAZ

• Callum Skidmore-Woods
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Don't be sad it's over, Smile because it happened
  • PSN: HammerHeadEagle1
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • FIFA Club: Tottenham
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • Likes Given: 308
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1168
  • Trophies: 9
  • FIFA 16 - Premiership 3rd Place - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Championship Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 15 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 12:16:24 pm »
I think it was an Aston at the front the GT Pro field, with a Ferrari just behind. Most likely with Fisichella in I imagine.
tis what i like to hear
"if you dont want blue flags, be at the front!"Kimi Raikonnen
"Life is like a box of chocolates" MrAgro
 "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." Some girl in my school
"Time's fun when you're having flies." Kermit the Frog

JuhohFin

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: JuhohFin
  • Likes Given: 4
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1542
  • Level: 13
  • Trophies: 13
  • F1 2015 - F1 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F1 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2014 - F1 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2012 - 6th Birthday Bash Event - Runner Up F1 2012 - NAC1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 12:38:45 am »
This is sort of Le Mans related news.

Ford has officially confirmed that they will be making a GTE spec Ford GT-racecar that will make it's debut in 2016

Source: http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/ford-gt-le-mans-061215?adbsc=social_20150612_47418256&adbid=10153402861426052&adbpl=fb&adbpr=36796456051

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 06:47:21 pm »
You beat me to it Juhoh, a nice looking machine that. I just love the bodywork detailing/gap between the back of the cockpit and rear wheel arch. Looks awesome.

Have you seen the diffuser on the bloody thing!?!?

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 11:35:43 pm »
The preverbial knats pube between Porsche and Audi (bizarre considering they are the same company essentially under Volkswagen), lots of talk on the commentary of this turning into a classic as the race moves into the final third tomorrow. Toyota just haven't been at the races this year, and Nissan are just using it as a test event with a view to next year. Whether their car concept is sound enough to compete remains to be seen.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 02:14:26 pm »
Great end in the GTE Pro category, well, if your an Aston Martin fan. The Corvette over shot the chicane and went over the gravel snd actually increaded its lead to around 1.5s. However, it must have picked up some damage and eventually a puncture allowing the Aston to overtake on the last lap. The Corvette had led for ost of the race, ouch!

Faunus01

• Pat Sharp's creation.
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Formula 1 for everyone
  • PSN: Faunus01
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • Main League: Formula 2
  • Likes Given: 1262
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1149
  • Trophies: 14
  • F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - FP Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - FP Drivers Champion - Season 2 GT3 Championship - Constructors Runner Up - Season 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 02:45:46 pm »
Great to watch those final few laps

Also toyota thrown it away again with all three cars having problems and only 1 porshe having a problem I think?
That again porsche winning after hoping toyota would get it cause they looked supreme all day. I was watching it when kobayashi got stuck and had to limp back to the pits

That GTE Pro end was sooo dramatic, you could see it in their faces when the aston martin was so close to the back of him and put so much pressure on the corvette. The feels really hit you when for so long things go fine until it hits you right when you don't expect it. Really something that makes the WEC so great to watch.
PSGL Career: Starts:60 Poles:15 Wins:10 Podiums:28 DNFs:2 Fastest Laps:8   Points:586 WDC:2 WCC:3