Project CARS

Poll

What theme should be used for season five of the feature race championship?

Formula Renault
Porsche Supercup
IndyCar
GTE Championship
Formula Gulf
Retro Touring

Author Topic: [PS4] Project Cars League Ideas and Discussion  (Read 21717 times)

Macphee99

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: MacPhee99
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 765
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 912
  • Level: 8
  • Trophies: 12
  • F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F2 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2015 - F3 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Champion - Season 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [PS4] Project Cars League Ideas and Discussion
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2015, 11:51:36 pm »
My initial thoughts for F1 would be one league on Sunday and two on Mondays (one equal assisted and one using performance with limited assists), much as we had this last season, but obviously much fuller.

Lots of members see Sunday/Monday as their F1 Night and i see no reason to change that tbh.

I think the nights fish suggested for PCars look very good.

Tuesday could be the "reserve" night and if we find either PCars or F1 is over subscribed....set up another league. But, i will say the last Tuesday league i was a part of died on its arse as soon as the Champions League was back ont telly.  ;)

Yeah i very much believe that F1 should be on Sunday and Monday nights. As i know it has a long history of Sunday nights and for the last 3 seasons Monday has been the best league for activity on site and on track.

I can see the demand of F1 still being very high despite project cars because of there is no F1 game on PS4. As Jacko suggested two leagues on the Monday night may work a treat. Obliviously if the demand for one or the other is more then we can sort it out by changing it around slightly. 

As for the Championships league thing, i don't think that will be much of a problem in Pcars as thats more a 'racers' game.
F1 2013/Races:57/Podiums:11/Wins:4/Poles:3
F1 2015/Races:53/Podiums:14/Wins:8/Poles:6
F1 2016/Races:32/Podiums:7/Wins:4/Poles:4
F1 - 2x Drivers Champion and 3x Constructors Champion

BigsBee_McBuds

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: BigsBee_McBuds
  • Likes Given: 3
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2015, 05:03:38 am »
I'm definitely in for WEC!! Wednesday is best om me as I voted cause its my only day off so only day I can participate sadly unless we do a Monday race which I think is booked :/ .. I'm also down for the FG  secondary race ;)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1115
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2015, 09:36:02 pm »
Bearing in mind that we are never going to have something to suit everyone all of the time, there will need to be compromises by everyone to some degree.

However, with that in mind, how about:

Sunday:
F1 (maybe one or two leagues on one night, this applies to all days)

Monday:
pCARS - Formula Gulf?

Tuesday:
F1

Wednesday:
pCARS - LMP1 league
pCARS - GT league

Saturday:
pCARS - LMP2 league

I have left Monday on there for the time being, as not everyone racing in F1 will be racing on pCARS on that specific day. If need be, as Jacko has said, pCARS could be moved to Tuesday. I am just trying to offer as many options as possible, within reason.

So, we could slit the LMP1 and LMP2 cars into two leagues, indeed with GT cars as a seperate league as well. This means we would have a mid-week and Saturday league using the LMP cars, so more can enjoy the fun driving they offer.

We could have a 10 or 12 race season, with two special events. Mid season we could have a mini endurance race at Spa (like the real life 6 hours of Spa). A race lasting perhaps 1 hr or 1 hr 30 mins. As suggested by others, we could have a 24 Laps of Le Mans as the season finale.

I'm not 100% how the finale would work. We could perhaps take the top guys from each series (LMP1/2 and GT) and put them in one race but in theor series cars, like the real thing. We could then do the same for the middle group and lower group in each league. Or, this just could be a race for the top 5 from each series, not sure.

So as well as the main WEC league running on Wednesday's and Saturdays, we could have a Formula Gulf championship on the Monday or Tuesday (or Thursday??). This could just be a simple 10 race championship, much like the F1 structure, or it could follow a GP2 structure with sprint races etc., as Fabulous and others mentioned.

Finally, we could have the Clio Cup. But this will not be a focus for the time being.

F1-Masa

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 32
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3272
  • Level: 23
  • Trophies: 3
  • Driveclub Challenge League - Season 1 - Champion F1 2014 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - 5th Race of Champions - Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2015, 10:00:05 pm »
better if monday gt league wednesday lmp1 and lmp2 saturday formula gulf
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:02:51 pm by F1-Masa »

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2015, 10:02:09 pm »
better if tuesday gt league thursday lmp1 and lmp2 saturday formula gulf

You don't get a vote Masa, i saw you playing Farming Simulator earlier!! ;)

In all seriousness, this is the problem we have. People will need to accept that they perhaps won't be able to take part in every league because the day will not suit them. But there will events and one off cups which will be more flexible.

F1-Masa

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 32
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3272
  • Level: 23
  • Trophies: 3
  • Driveclub Challenge League - Season 1 - Champion F1 2014 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - 5th Race of Champions - Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2015, 10:03:56 pm »
fail i edit my post monday and wednesday i say.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2015, 10:17:57 pm »
I thought i'd make LMP2 on Saturday so our American friends and those who can't race can still enjoy the LMP fun as well. Just an idea though.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2015, 09:39:12 pm »
Bearing in mind that we are never going to have something to suit everyone all of the time, there will need to be compromises by everyone to some degree.

However, with that in mind, how about:

Sunday:
F1 (maybe one or two leagues on one night, this applies to all days)

Monday:
pCARS - Formula Gulf?

Tuesday:
F1

Wednesday:
pCARS - LMP1 league
pCARS - GT league

Saturday:
pCARS - LMP2 league

I have left Monday on there for the time being, as not everyone racing in F1 will be racing on pCARS on that specific day. If need be, as Jacko has said, pCARS could be moved to Tuesday. I am just trying to offer as many options as possible, within reason.

So, we could slit the LMP1 and LMP2 cars into two leagues, indeed with GT cars as a seperate league as well. This means we would have a mid-week and Saturday league using the LMP cars, so more can enjoy the fun driving they offer.

We could have a 10 or 12 race season, with two special events. Mid season we could have a mini endurance race at Spa (like the real life 6 hours of Spa). A race lasting perhaps 1 hr or 1 hr 30 mins. As suggested by others, we could have a 24 Laps of Le Mans as the season finale.

I'm not 100% how the finale would work. We could perhaps take the top guys from each series (LMP1/2 and GT) and put them in one race but in theor series cars, like the real thing. We could then do the same for the middle group and lower group in each league. Or, this just could be a race for the top 5 from each series, not sure.

So as well as the main WEC league running on Wednesday's and Saturdays, we could have a Formula Gulf championship on the Monday or Tuesday (or Thursday??). This could just be a simple 10 race championship, much like the F1 structure, or it could follow a GP2 structure with sprint races etc., as Fabulous and others mentioned.

Finally, we could have the Clio Cup. But this will not be a focus for the time being.

Anybody else have any opinions? If not i will start creating sections on the forum, create signup threads for each league and look for leagues admins (if you are interested, let me know ASAP).

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: AFCTUJacko
  • Likes Given: 423
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1966
  • Level: 15
  • Trophies: 9
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2014 - FP2 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2014 - FP2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2015, 10:40:42 pm »
I still believe Sunday/Monday are the best nights for F1. If it ain't broke don't fix it and all that.

PCars strength is the LMP & GT Cars IMO so personally not convinced that (assuming the F1 game is decent) that a single seater league will last long. But i could be wrong.

Also not sure about running both the GT & LMP1 on the same night  - run GT on Thursday instead?

Tejuarr

• Charismatic Enigma
  • Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 1841
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2015, 10:45:56 pm »
I still believe Sunday/Monday are the best nights for F1. If it ain't broke don't fix it and all that.

PCars strength is the LMP & GT Cars IMO so personally not convinced that (assuming the F1 game is decent) that a single seater league will last long. But i could be wrong.

Also not sure about running both the GT & LMP1 on the same night  - run GT on Thursday instead?

Echo waht Jacko says tbh, GT and LMP possibly a kart championship.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2015, 11:32:04 pm »

And they will continue to be, but I am trying to offer at least one day a week for everyone when they can take part in at least one pCARS league, spread out across the week.

We could run all three WEC leagues on separate nights. It would cut down on the opportunity for anything else in my opinion, but if it is preferred that would work.

Would people be wanting to race in both the GT and either LMP1 or LMP2 leagues. That's fine, but would complicate any system for an end of season event as described above.

Thanks for your thoughts Jacko.

bluemosquito

• Charlie Whiting
  • PSGL Premium Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: bluemosquito
  • Likes Given: 257
  • PSGL Achievements
  • PSGL Premium
  • Gamerscore: 695
  • Level: 6
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Drivers Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2015, 02:09:45 am »
Agree with keeping Mondays for F1.

I think Formula Gulf is different enough from F1 to still be interesting.  My only concern is that it would be one league too many.

I wouldn't worry too much about the mid/end season events just now, main priority is to get the leagues kicked off.

BigC_019

• The Retired One
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOnlineOnline

• x7 F1 Champion
  • PSN: BigC_019
  • FIFA Club: Chunga FC
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 1855
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2096
  • Level: 16
  • Trophies: 17
  • F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2015, 11:22:16 am »
Agreed with the points above, can always run F1 alongside a Project Cars league on the Monday.

I think it's time to get the leagues moving forward and see what specific category is the most popular/gets the most sign-ups.
| F1 Stats | Races: 105 | Points: 1146 | Podiums: 74 | Poles: 52 | Best finish: 1st (x39) |

Retired| Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2015, 06:52:11 pm »
So for the last four to five weeks we have been getting 8-12 racers on each race night, a good consistent bunch. Thanks to those who have been racing.  <ns>

Now that we have a consistent and pretty regular group i thought we should try and firm up an interesting and more engaging league setup. For the past few weeks we have been using a feature and sprint race format, which i think has prooved pretty popular. I think people are enjoying the more informal and fun structure, without so much emphasis on pit stops, tyres and fuel.

With the above in mind, and with a view to creating an actual league structure, i was thinking of the following.

Keeping the two race structure of 'feature' and 'sprint' on each race night, but turning them into two leagues/events.

I was thinking the feature race could become the main league. We could use the LMP1, LMP2 and GTE cars, but all in once race. To make things interesting (and i'm not 100% sure how this will work in practice, ideas welcome) the fastest guys would have the slower GTE cars, the medium drivers would have LMP2, and the slower chaps like myself would have LMP1. So in theory we could have 6 LMP1 cars/drivers, 5 LMP2 cars/drivers, and 5 LMP1 cars/drivers. It would give us the WEC championship we all were looking for. We could stick to a short 6 week season to keep things fresh and interesting, and i would propose the 7th week would be a season ending Le Mans race.

Now the sprint race. Again, i think the format of 8 laps should stay the same, and where as we would be using the same cars each week in the main WEC feature races, we could use a different car and track each week for the sprint race. I would propose that the sprint race be turned into the Sprint Race Cup to go run alongside the WEC feature race championship.

Just ideas, let me know what you think.

FabulousChicken0

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: FabulousChicken0
  • Likes Given: 713
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1997
  • Level: 15
  • Trophies: 10
  • FIFA 16 - Premiership Champion - Season 2 Le Mans Championship - Runner Up - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F3 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2015, 03:59:54 pm »
So for the last four to five weeks we have been getting 8-12 racers on each race night, a good consistent bunch. Thanks to those who have been racing.  <ns>

Now that we have a consistent and pretty regular group i thought we should try and firm up an interesting and more engaging league setup. For the past few weeks we have been using a feature and sprint race format, which i think has prooved pretty popular. I think people are enjoying the more informal and fun structure, without so much emphasis on pit stops, tyres and fuel.

With the above in mind, and with a view to creating an actual league structure, i was thinking of the following.

Keeping the two race structure of 'feature' and 'sprint' on each race night, but turning them into two leagues/events.

I was thinking the feature race could become the main league. We could use the LMP1, LMP2 and GTE cars, but all in once race. To make things interesting (and i'm not 100% sure how this will work in practice, ideas welcome) the fastest guys would have the slower GTE cars, the medium drivers would have LMP2, and the slower chaps like myself would have LMP1. So in theory we could have 6 LMP1 cars/drivers, 5 LMP2 cars/drivers, and 5 LMP1 cars/drivers. It would give us the WEC championship we all were looking for. We could stick to a short 6 week season to keep things fresh and interesting, and i would propose the 7th week would be a season ending Le Mans race.

Now the sprint race. Again, i think the format of 8 laps should stay the same, and where as we would be using the same cars each week in the main WEC feature races, we could use a different car and track each week for the sprint race. I would propose that the sprint race be turned into the Sprint Race Cup to go run alongside the WEC feature race championship.

Just ideas, let me know what you think.

I like the idea of keeping the sprint race and the feature race. However, what about adding a single pit stop in the feature race? It could help to make it a bit more interesting and shake things up a bit.

I don't like the idea of keeping with the same cars every week for the feature race though. I also think that having a certain amount of people in LMP1, LMP2 and GT3 cars is not a very good idea because there is a huge difference between cars. It also means that it ends up meaning their are less people you can race with.

I think the best thing would be to have the feature race and sprint race in the same league. I also think that the cars should be different every week. However, I think they should stay the same for both the sprint and feature race that week. For example if we use Clio Cup cars in the sprint race, we then use them in the feature race. I also think that the track should change every race we do. For example we could do the sprint race on Brands Hatch and then the feature race at Spa. I think doing the league like this will avoid it going stale quickly and can help to create a bit of variety because I know quite a few people didn't like using the same cars in the WEC league when there are a wide variety of different cars in the game that we could use.
I've watched Southampton play at Dagenham & Redbridge in League 1 and at the San Siro in the Europa League in the space of 7 years.

Tejuarr

• Charismatic Enigma
  • Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 1841
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2015, 04:12:20 pm »
No idea this was still going, I might try and attend if you are planning an LMP race.