Project CARS 2

Poll

What theme should be used for season five of the feature race championship?

Formula Renault
Porsche Supercup
IndyCar
GTE Championship
Formula Gulf
Retro Touring

Author Topic: [PS4] Project Cars League Ideas and Discussion  (Read 23609 times)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1174
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
[PS4] Project Cars League Ideas and Discussion
« on: May 10, 2015, 04:04:00 pm »
Please use this thread to discuss league ideas, please keep it strictly to league ideas and discussion.

Where appropriate, please state what car or kind of series which you think might be good for a league or short form event.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
Re: [PS4] Project Cars League Ideas and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 04:14:10 pm »
It is my feeling that the best way to make use of pCARS is to not try and do everything at once. The game and its potential is massive, so it will be impossible to cram things into the first few months, and it would be a waste to not do things properly and instead rush things and do them half arsed.

I think we could probably do two, maaaybe three, main leagues taking place on certain days during the week, to complement F1 2015 leagues. To accompany the main leagues we could have weekly TTs (maybe just using the official community events to make it dead easy) and one month championships or 'cups'.

For example, i hope to organise a Lotus Cup making use of the four classic Lotus F1 cars. The basic idea is that there would be one race a week across a month.

There seems to be a real desire for an LMP league. The structure needs to be thoughts about and got right from the start if we are to carry it on throughout the year. We must also remember that there a lot of signups and signs of interest to pCARS so we need to try and find spaces for everyone.

And with that comes the need to structure leagues so people of similar abilities are racing. That may require a short one month or two week championship so we can see where people are at in terms of performance, before moving into organising main leagues.

Tejuarr

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 1878
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 04:51:46 pm »
It is my feeling that the best way to make use of pCARS is to not try and do everything at once. The game and its potential is massive, so it will be impossible to cram things into the first few months, and it would be a waste to not do things properly and instead rush things and do them half arsed.

We need to gauge which people are interested in running the leagues, Craigieboy does a splendid job with his casual Fridays and the more recent one was a great success, an idea would be to keep Friday free for Project CARS events going forward and possibly diverting F1 to its usually allocated evenings of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday thus keeping Friday and potentially Thursday free for weekly events on PCars.

There seems to be a real desire for an LMP league. The structure needs to be thoughts about and got right from the start if we are to carry it on throughout the year. We must also remember that there a lot of signups and signs of interest to pCARS so we need to try and find spaces for everyone.

I have noticed this but like I said above we need to gauge which structure is best the obvious candidates for leagues are the LMP category, GT and Clio cup as I've seen mentioned. Lets sort out which category of racing we are going to go forward with be it a Thursday/Friday then discuss a potential Admin see who throws the hat in the ring.
No doubt the initial season will be a toe in the water but this is the one which will need 100% commitment from its admin and members so find out what went wrong and what can be improved for the season afterwards and moving forwards.

And with that comes the need to structure leagues so people of similar abilities are racing. That may require a short one month or two week championship so we can see where people are at in terms of performance, before moving into organising main leagues.

From racing in the casual Fridays you can gauge which players are of which standard, then comes the availability factor for which night to race.
At present casual Fridays hosted by Craig are the way to go until we have settled into the game, interest may dwindle once F1'15 is released on the 10th June.

F1-Masa

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 32
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3272
  • Level: 23
  • Trophies: 3
  • Driveclub Challenge League - Season 1 - Champion F1 2014 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - 5th Race of Champions - Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 06:14:18 pm »
my idea is GT3, WEC and something special.

Craigieboy007

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Craigieboy007
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Main League: Formula 5
  • Likes Given: 8
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 178
  • Level: 2
  • Trophies: 1
  • F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 07:09:57 pm »
I think LMP1, GT3 and Touring Cars should be used in the leagues. Other disciplines like Go Karts or Formula Cars can be used for special events.

I already PMed Fish about maybe hosting a league with either the GT3 or Touring Cars, nothing set in stone yet but if anyone wants to help with rules and other such things let me know.

mojo98

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: mojo98
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • Main League: Formula 3
  • Likes Given: 13
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 132
  • Level: 1
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2011 - F2 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2012 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 7
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 09:07:17 pm »
I think there should be lmp1 and lmp2 in same league with a seperate gt3 league but then spa and le mans mix them alltogether to make 2 special races with maybe double points on offer
LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL BECAUSE THE WORLD CAN BE A CRUEL PLACE TO LIVE

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 03:37:58 pm »
Lovely idea mojo, like that.

So it seems the current consensus is that LMP and GT can be the main leagues, perhaps working on a promotion relation system, with touring cars as the third league, at least to start with. The third league could alternate perhaps.

A Clio Cup could be a one month event, along with my idea for a Lotus Cup.

If sign ups are large for the one month events, we could have multiple during one single month to ensure everyone is involved in something if they want to be.

The next real question is settings, tyre wear, assists etc.

Tejuarr

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 1878
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 03:53:53 pm »
For race times you could say 15 minutes qualifying and for the races to last 45 minutes I have an idea for that a way of working out a percentage.
Do one lap be it 1:30s or 2.30s add how many minutes per lap together until it adds to 45 minutes then you have your race time and amount of laps.
Realistic tyres, fuel and assists on drivers can choose to use them or not.

e30bemer

• Battlefield 1 Guru??
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: e30bemer
  • Main League: GTA V
  • Likes Given: 222
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 436
  • Trophies: 6
  • MW3 Champion Season 2 Driveclub Challenge League - Season 2 - Runner Up Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 04:24:35 pm »
I think definite on the realistic fuel and tyre usage! 

With assists use what's used in the real championship, then maybe a hardcore league/version using no assists. ??

Betrayer46

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• VR46 the G.O.A.T
  • PSN: Betrayer46
  • Likes Given: 744
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 5528
  • Level: 34
  • Trophies: 29
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 GT5 Pro League - Drivers Champion - Season 1 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 6 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 5 GT5 PSGL Cup Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 07:56:05 am »
I think there is room for all the ideas you guys have mentioned. How about splitting the sign ups into different categories? Open wheel/ lmp/ road and touring cars. If needs be run 3 or 4 leagues throughout the week. im sure we wont be short of help on the admin side. As long as i can make it every week i put my hat in the rig to help.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 08:56:13 am »
Are you racing PS4 or PC Jim, or indeed both?

Betrayer46

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• VR46 the G.O.A.T
  • PSN: Betrayer46
  • Likes Given: 744
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 5528
  • Level: 34
  • Trophies: 29
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 GT5 Pro League - Drivers Champion - Season 1 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 6 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 5 GT5 PSGL Cup Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 11:13:04 am »
Probably both but given the choice PS4 :113:

chowyunfatt

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 1
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 08:33:05 am »
How about this for a idea?

Seen as pcars focusses on career progression maybe do the same online?

Project Real Cars

Season 1 formula rookie.
Season 2 formula c
Season 3 formula b
Final season formula a

This would  give a felling of progression and as people get better at driving it will be good to move up to better/ more difficult cars.

You could do 8 races in a season for example with 15 to 20 laps dependent on track. I also think either all assists on or off as people that use assists have a cornering and speed advantage. I personally would like no assists and races set to wheel or pad users only but don't know how many people have wheels, pads? I think the game has quite a lot of bugs too so keeping thing smooth and fair will be difficult ATM. Also full rules, damage also.

So a example would be,
Lobby practice open up to 1 hour before race
Quality 15 mins
Race 20 laps

All real settings, tyre, fuel, flags and so on.

I suppose it all depends on how many people want different type of races, I'll join in on any for the fun but I personally like all the real settings, rules, wheel races, cockpit view only type, basically as real as possible because I find that more fun and rewarding. I could be in the minority tho! ;)

I'm sure you'll figure it all out tho and come up with some good fun races..

Kane_can

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 0
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 08:59:53 am »
I'm up for some beginners cars. Formula rookie or gulf (these are most fun in my opinion), clios, ginetta g40 juniors.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:14:19 am by Kane_can »

FabulousChicken0

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: FabulousChicken0
  • Likes Given: 713
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1997
  • Level: 15
  • Trophies: 10
  • Le Mans Championship - Runner Up - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Premiership Champion - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F6 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 10:25:39 am »
I'm up for some beginners cars. Formula rookie or gulf (these are most fun in my opinion), clios, ginetta g40 juniors.

Yeh I think I would prefer to race in the slower cars like any of the cars you mentioned. I know I am not that quick and I have never done a racing league before, so racing in slower cars might make it a bit easier. However if there is only a small number of people that would like to race in the slower cars I wouldn't mind racing in GT3 cars.
I've watched Southampton play at Dagenham & Redbridge in League 1 and at the San Siro in the Europa League in the space of 7 years.

mojo98

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: mojo98
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • Main League: Formula 3
  • Likes Given: 13
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 132
  • Level: 1
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2011 - F2 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2012 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 7
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 11:00:38 am »
WEC League for people that want to race in either lmp1, lmp2 and gt3 at the same time. Then have 3 seperate leagues with same classes
LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL BECAUSE THE WORLD CAN BE A CRUEL PLACE TO LIVE