* The Golf Club

Author Topic: game handicaps  (Read 1249 times)

hb4l69

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Celtic Fields Golf Club
  • PSN: HB4L
  • Likes Given: 21
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 TW14 League - British Open (Major) Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
game handicaps
« on: February 12, 2015, 04:58:10 pm »
Anyone know why when you've finished under par after a round you get a decline in your handicap.
Played two rounds on springbrook valley one was a practice round and one was a tournament round and before i started either it was at +1.7 finished 5 under and it declined to +1.5 then finished 4 under and it declined again +1.4 is it not supposed to improve if you finish under par

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: AFCTUJacko
  • Likes Given: 423
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1966
  • Level: 15
  • Trophies: 9
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2014 - FP2 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2014 - FP2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
Re: game handicaps
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 05:37:21 pm »
Anyone know why when you've finished under par after a round you get a decline in your handicap.
Played two rounds on springbrook valley one was a practice round and one was a tournament round and before i started either it was at +1.7 finished 5 under and it declined to +1.5 then finished 4 under and it declined again +1.4 is it not supposed to improve if you finish under par

Think it depends on the "slope rating", or difficulty of the course. On the easiest of easy courses even though your handicap is only 1. whatever you're expected to score 7 or 8 under to maintain it i think.

Wouldn't take too much notice though - the handicap system is pretty broken generally.

hb4l69

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Celtic Fields Golf Club
  • PSN: HB4L
  • Likes Given: 21
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 TW14 League - British Open (Major) Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 06:05:43 pm »
thats no problem mate anno am not the best player but it was joos incase it wood affect any comps at anytime cuz it even changes when a play some courses that are'nt handicapped but cool no worries

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: AFCTUJacko
  • Likes Given: 423
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1966
  • Level: 15
  • Trophies: 9
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2014 - FP2 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2014 - FP2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 06:10:19 pm »
thats no problem mate anno am not the best player but it was joos incase it wood affect any comps at anytime cuz it even changes when a play some courses that are'nt handicapped but cool no worries

I don't think any of the tours out there use the handicap system at all mate so no no need to worry about it affecting any of the competitions you're in

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 80
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 09:56:23 am »

I don't think any of the tours out there use the handicap system at all mate so no no need to worry about it affecting any of the competitions you're in
But when the tours use a hcp rated course and not using hcp it will still affect your personal hcp each round you play.

Coda1850

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 8
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 06:57:17 pm »
Couldn't it have also "bumped out" one of his better handicap rounds?

Assuming he has 20 rounds & his oldest round was his best differential... & the new score was not as good.  He'd lost 1 of the 10 scores counting toward his handicap.

--or is the handicap really all bugged & messed up.  That's too bad if it is.  I like to play to try to improve my handicap.