* The Golf Club

Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 1899 times)

Scarpacci

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 64
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
Ryder Cup
« on: January 20, 2015, 12:45:43 am »
Any ideas? I know here no way to re-create the real deal but I'm sure we could come up with something. Be a fun little thing to do in between seasons.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1091
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
Re: Ryder Cup
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 09:20:49 am »
I'm not sure how we could make it work, at least in the actual format. At best we would have to play each other in real time, but that could be difficult due to timezones. I'm open to ideas how to make t work, or formats that would work in the spirit of the event.

Scarpacci

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 06:29:03 pm »
Heres my idea. We could set up a 3 round tourney, everybody plays the first round, top 2 from US and top 2 from Euro advance to the 2nd round, then the top US player plays the top Euro player in round 3 with the winner deciding the cup.  Cold bump it to 4 rounds if we had enough players.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:47:19 pm »
That sir is a good idea.
If we can get two teams of 12 (ideally an even mix of EU and US players), we can split them into three groups of four. I can split the groups of four into three tiers of player based on their finishing position in the tour last season to try and make it even.

Each group of four plays a single round with 1 pt being awarded to the top 4 finishers. All points go into a pot.

A second round is played with the the top two players from each group on each team, so we will be down to 6 players on each side. Again, points on offer for the top four.

Finally, the third round will between the top three players on each side, with maybe points awarded for the top two or three finishers?

Just thinking aloud, it might be overly complicated to be honest. It's late over here lol

Tejuarr

• Charismatic Enigma
  • Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 1837
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 10:48:37 pm »
If not UK vs ROW?

I would consider getting this game for the Ryder Cup concept, the best golf tournament in the world.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 10:57:25 pm »
There are more US players than anything else to be honest.

Scarpacci

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 02:43:10 am »
We could broadcast the final round on Twitch so we can all follow along.  I'm sure we could work out the timing.  LETS DO THIS!

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 07:47:17 am »
Ok, give me a couple of days to firm up the plans. I'll post a signup thread tonight and look to get things underway this weekend.

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 80
  • PSGL Achievements
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 11:09:39 am »
There are more US players than anything else to be honest.
Hey HF, it doesn't have to be a euro vs us, it can be The PSGL Elimination or anything like that.

ACES-R-WILD

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: ACES-R-WILD-
  • Main League: Tiger Woods PGA
  • Likes Given: 9
  • PSGL Achievements
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 03:52:04 pm »
i think thats a great idea i just published my hazeltine course which is the next ryder cup it a championship course i think twich would be a great idea im going to twitch my rounds next season so people will see that im using a ps4 controller now it leagues, dont want anyone getting upset or think im cheating them just want to play put the whole controller thing behind me but i want to thank humanfish for handling it like a adult and gentlemen and like a pro, and look forward to competing agaist you guys next season, have people sign up and see who plays, personally im from u.s and it would be tough to beat team europe but a great challenge and fun most of my friends are from europe from all the years of tiger and i will say you this you guys can play some golf!!! oh congrads brad on your awesome season!! 

Scarpacci

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 05:32:19 pm »
i think thats a great idea i just published my hazeltine course which is the next ryder cup it a championship course i think twich would be a great idea im going to twitch my rounds next season so people will see that im using a ps4 controller now it leagues, dont want anyone getting upset or think im cheating them just want to play put the whole controller thing behind me but i want to thank humanfish for handling it like a adult and gentlemen and like a pro, and look forward to competing agaist you guys next season, have people sign up and see who plays, personally im from u.s and it would be tough to beat team europe but a great challenge and fun most of my friends are from europe from all the years of tiger and i will say you this you guys can play some golf!!! oh congrads brad on your awesome season!!

This would be a great venue for it.