* The Golf Club

Author Topic: PSGL Tour Season One Winners  (Read 2825 times)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1174
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
PSGL Tour Season One Winners
« on: January 15, 2015, 10:01:49 pm »

Season One of the PSGL Tour comes to an end, and our PSGL Trophy winners are ...

blueorfe

burton31cat

smoknpirate

Congratulations to the above players for picking up the PSGL league trophies for the inaugural The Golf Club league  <ns>

It is fair to say that blueorfe largely dominated the tour this season, but competition was strong throughout the field, as can be seen in the final tour standings, with lots of movement as a result of the final major of the season at Stone Hollow. Some players have improved immensely, some have struggled with consistency, and some are only just getting to grips with the game and its challenges. But we have all benefited by going up against other players and trying to improve our game. Target for next season? To knock Blueorfe off his perch  ;)  In all seriousness, i will be aiming to break into the tour top 10.

Feel free to give your thoughts on your season.

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: AFCTUJacko
  • Likes Given: 423
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1966
  • Level: 15
  • Trophies: 9
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2014 - FP2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 F1 2014 - FP2 Constructors Champion - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
Re: PSGL Tour Season One Winners
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:14:04 pm »
Congrats to the top 3 and thanks to HF for organising it all.

Really enjoyed the season. Personally i was quite inconsistent. Had two or three 2nd places and other events where i really struggled and only just scraped the top 10, including all 3 majors.

But i am definitely a better player than i was 3 months ago and ultimately achieved my target of being in the top 10 every event.

Next seasons targets.....Top 3 in the Tour and win an event (perhaps blueorfe will go on holiday or something   ;))

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 80
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:01:27 am »
I had a great time, Thanks HF,
I missed my goal of being in the top ten every tournament by 1 and I have smokenpirate to thank for that. Thanks Smokes now your going to make me try harder next season. this is a fine little group of people and it makes it that much more fun. We have about a 2 week off time so i think i will take the wife to Hawaii and we will relax in the sun and drink pina coladas  :24:

blueorfe

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: blueorfe
  • Likes Given: 493
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 5
  • The PSGL Tour - Champion - Season 3 The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - Champion - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Tour - Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 10:34:09 am »
Thank you very much Humanfish for all your hard work in setting up this tour and for your kind words.

We have a great little community here, with some great players. I look forward to season two.
It just goes to show that if you practice a lot you can really improve on this game. Since I started concentrating 90% of my time on playing on PS4 instead of spending half my time creating courses on my PC, my standard and consistency of play has increased immensely, probably by about 5 or 6 shots per round?

burton31cat

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 60
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 3
  • The PSGL Tour - Runner Up - Season 3 The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 02:05:03 pm »
Thanks humanfish for running the Tour. Hoping to somehow get a couple wins next season. I will give it my all to do so!

hb4l69

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Celtic Fields Golf Club
  • PSN: HB4L
  • Likes Given: 21
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 TW14 League - British Open (Major) Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 02:29:02 pm »
Cheers HF you did great job putting that season together mate and well done to the boys who took the honors.
Hopefully nxt time round a can finish ma rounds under par cany afford anymore controllers :21:

mnguy12000

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 9
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 02:40:10 pm »
congrats Blue, I just joined and looking forward to next season....speaking of which when do we start :)

Scarpacci

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 64
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 12:56:33 am »
Congrats Blue, Burton & Smokes!  Nice playing out there.  Looking forward to season 2.

:39: No sour grapes but I still feel like I was robbed a few points.  My math has me at 3250.  But my math skills are at grade 3 levels.  Still not enough to crack the top 3, but close.  I'm probably using the wron point structure. Is this the correct one?: http://playstationgl.com/index.php?topic=17624.0

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1174
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 01:12:42 am »
I'll double check things Scarb, it's certainly not inconceivable. Maths was never my strong point.

I did use the method where if two (or three) people were tied on the same score I would give them the same points, e.g. if 4th and 5th tied I would give them the same points, and then give sixth points as normal. If that makes sense, nothing scientific, just what made sense at the time. Open to feedback though!!

Scarpacci

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 64
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 01:27:19 am »
I'll double check things Scarb, it's certainly not inconceivable. Maths was never my strong point.

I did use the method where if two (or three) people were tied on the same score I would give them the same points, e.g. if 4th and 5th tied I would give them the same points, and then give sixth points as normal. If that makes sense, nothing scientific, just what made sense at the time. Open to feedback though!!

Dont go through the trouble fish, really not important.  Like I said its not like it would effect the top of the leaderboard anyway.

Not 100% sure how ties work.  I always though they would combine 4th and 5th ponits and split.

smoknpirate

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 34
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 3
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 10:58:05 am »
Thank you very much Humanfish for all your hard work in setting up this tour and for your kind words.

We have a great little community here, with some great players. I look forward to season two.
It just goes to show that if you practice a lot you can really improve on this game. Since I started concentrating 90% of my time on playing on PS4 instead of spending half my time creating courses on my PC, my standard and consistency of play has increased immensely, probably by about 5 or 6 shots per round?

Great season, blue. Seemed like it was always a fight for second. I should really focus on playing more and building less. However, I'm kind of moving more in the other direction. Getting a PC to make building easier.

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 80
  • PSGL Achievements
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 01:41:18 am »

Dont go through the trouble fish, really not important.  Like I said its not like it would effect the top of the leaderboard anyway.

Not 100% sure how ties work.  I always though they would combine 4th and 5th ponits and split.
That's the way i have always seen it done, 4th 5th 6th tie   take total of each split three ways  then 7th gets 7th place but if others tie it's the same procedure