* The Golf Club

Author Topic: The Golf Club - Share Your Course!!  (Read 9379 times)

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: AFCTUJacko
  • Likes Given: 423
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1966
  • Level: 15
  • Trophies: 9
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2014 - FP2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 F1 2014 - FP2 Constructors Champion - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Golf Club - Share Your Course!!
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2014, 12:21:34 pm »
Speaking of Scarpacci, he just release a new course called Scarpacci Hills.  Give it a go.

Tried this tonight - think i did 8 under. Interesting one with the elevation changes.

Also tried Scarpacci National which i enjoyed until i went for the short Par 4 (10/11?) in one and got wet 3 times.....should have played it safe in hindsight  ;)

Thanks for checking them out. 

No no thankyou for taking the time to create them  <ns>

How difficult/time consuming is it making courses btw?

Haven't touched the course designer yet, don't want to start if i can't do a proper job. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:28:03 pm by AFCTUJacko »

smoknpirate

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 34
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 3
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2014, 05:31:12 pm »
Jacko, here is a link to some tutorials by one of the better designers in the game. They'll get you started on how to do the basic hole design properly. Then, you can add a lot of your own ideas to create a course to your liking.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=8015.0

Scarpacci

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 64
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 09:16:43 pm »
How difficult/time consuming is it making courses btw?

Haven't touched the course designer yet, don't want to start if i can't do a proper job.

Diffuclty= There is a learning curve but one you get the hang off the tools it's not difficult at all.

Time Consuming= Very. 

smoknpirate

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2014, 04:17:43 am »
My most recent course....

Enjoy....

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 80
  • PSGL Achievements
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2014, 02:45:40 pm »
Smokn, Wow what a nice course, I played it and thanks for the heads up on PSN message. I tried to vest Scarpacci but he beat me again but i will try again. I can't wait until next season when HF incorporates the PSGL members courses that will really be fun.

smoknpirate

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2014, 06:57:04 pm »
Smokn, Wow what a nice course, I played it and thanks for the heads up on PSN message. I tried to vest Scarpacci but he beat me again but i will try again. I can't wait until next season when HF incorporates the PSGL members courses that will really be fun.

Thanks for the play and the props, Pipe. I absolutely love this golf course. My best work to date for sure. It is a challenge, but a fair one I believe. I imagine not everyone will like it, but as long as it isn't tricked up I'm fine with that. I'm hoping it gets some play on tours out there. One thing I'm finding about the course ratings is that people seem to rate it more on how they score than the quality of the course itself.

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2014, 07:50:13 pm »

Thanks for the play and the props, Pipe. I absolutely love this golf course. My best work to date for sure. It is a challenge, but a fair one I believe. I imagine not everyone will like it, but as long as it isn't tricked up I'm fine with that. I'm hoping it gets some play on tours out there. One thing I'm finding about the course ratings is that people seem to rate it more on how they score than the quality of the course itself.
I didn't rate it when i played it i was in a rush and click out so quick but i will go back and play it again and rate it. I think you are right tho I think too it's how they score. You know my play I'm kinda a middle of the road player I'm still learning how to play and have never tried to design a course I really don't have a desire to, all the work alot of you designers put into a course creation I just don't have that artistic eye, I never played with crayons when i was a kid and hated art class in school but I like to play the courses, and the thing i like about yours and scars they are fair courses and not all tricked up. I hate starting a course and feeling like i'm shut out by the 2nd hole. I don't mind tough and i don't mind par or over par rounds as long as its fair. I feel yours are

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1174
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2014, 09:06:05 pm »

To be honest, i think the bulk of season two's tour calendar will be with member created course's. It should be a good selection.

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2014, 01:02:51 pm »
Here's a link to you tube with a beat the designer on TPC at Carolina Oaks and Scarpacci Groves and its on twitch now my channel is pipeit55 but this link to you tube i started export at 7:45 est and it takes a while http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0k3SOXyPJvjh2gHpksMXw

ACES-R-WILD

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: ACES-R-WILD-
  • Main League: Tiger Woods PGA
  • Likes Given: 9
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2014, 10:28:01 pm »
tpc scottsdale (stadium course) the tgc picked it up right away for the upcoming season has over 120 plays so far by far my best course try it out let me know what you guys think

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2014, 10:06:02 pm »
Congratulations ACES, great news that is has been picked it up. I'm sure i will be using i next season, as well the others in this thread.
I hope you get some good ratings and recognition.

burton31cat

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 60
  • PSGL Achievements
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - Runner Up - Season 3 The PSGL Tour - Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2014, 07:09:57 pm »
My 11 year old son who also plays created Spruce Valley GC . He did use the auto gen creator then tweaked all the holes and has one of the higher firmness setting. Not sure if it is worth giving a try. I tried it and shot Even Par. The 9th hole is a killer needing pinpoint accuracy.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:48:54 pm by burton31cat »

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2014, 07:28:31 pm »
If your 11 yr old has given the course creator a go i really need to pull my finger out and give it a crack myself in the new year!!

WWFC_07

• GAMEplay Streamer

StatusOfflineOffline

• Wolverhampton Wanderers FAN :)
  • PSN: F1WWFC_07
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 414
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2996
  • Level: 21
  • Trophies: 24
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers Champion - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 7 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 15 - Division One Runner Up - Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2015, 05:20:37 pm »
hi all,

ive just made 2 quick courses for you to have a go :),
both are in the PSGL F1WWFC Course Competition

hope you guys liked it :)

Malc

smoknpirate

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2015, 04:16:51 pm »
Some of you have already played this which was published last night. I'd like to submit it here for others to take a look at and hopefully be used on the PSGL Tour.

ACES-R-WILD

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: ACES-R-WILD-
  • Main League: Tiger Woods PGA
  • Likes Given: 9
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2015, 11:16:41 pm »
just finished cog hill cc and  tpc sawgrass ( sunday edition) both came out well and i also redid kiawah island (final Editon too redid all the greens over and it is now friendly lol and the course is from the black tees instead of the pga championship tees enjoy gentlemen