* The Golf Club

Author Topic: The Golf Club PSGL Tour - League Discussion  (Read 10980 times)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1215
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
Re: The Golf Club PSGL Tour - League Discussion
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2015, 10:50:59 pm »
Feel free to post your thoughts on the new EA golf title in the games discussion are via this link ;)  Would be interested to hear other peoples thoughts.

http://playstationgl.com/index.php?topic=18529.new#new

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2015, 09:33:48 pm »
Just to let everyone know, i am going away for the weekend from Friday so the next tournament will go live on Monday, i will post the new thread on Monday evening. ;)

Tejuarr

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 1886
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2015, 06:21:54 pm »
This game has gone down in price now, only 32 at ShopTo.net - considering whether I could justify getting it; the tour looks great ill have to see if F1 and Project Cars settle down I may purchase it.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2015, 06:49:34 pm »
It actually just 11.99 via the PS Store at the moment. It plays a cracking game of golf, not easy but a rewarding challenge.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/the-golf-club/cid=EP4502-CUSA00904_00-THEGOLFCLUBHBSTU

Tejuarr

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2015, 06:54:11 pm »
Obviously with work I cant get a membership at a club anymore could be the next best thing!

I'll get it later if anybody fancies a quick round, beginner obviously.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2015, 04:27:49 pm »
If your looking for a casual tour to take part in over the next few weeks with no time limit, be sure to check out Scarpacci's 'Scarpacci Slam I'  :113:

1. Par 3 Tournement at Scrapacci Creek

2. The Masters
Round 1 at Scaparcci Vineyard Blue (noon)
Round 2 at Scarpacci Vineyard Black

3. The Players Championship
Round 1 at Scarpacci Island
Round 2 at Scarpacci Island (Tour)

4. U.S. Open
Round 1 at Scarpacci Strand
Round 2 at Scarpacci Strand (Tour)

5. The Open Championship
Round 1 at Olde Scarpacci
Round 2 at Olde Scarpacci (Tour)

6. TGC Championship
Round 1 at The Scarpacci Narrows (Soft)
Round 2 at The Scarpacci Narrows (Tour)

7. Tour Championship
Round 1 at Scarpacci Acres
Round 2 at Scarpacci Acres (Tour)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2017, 11:02:23 am »
I was thinking of reviving the the tour as it was always quite a relaxing game and alternative the the other competitive leagues. Anyone pick this up since we had the original tour?

WWFC_07

• GAMEplay Streamer

StatusOfflineOffline

• Wolverhampton Wanderers FAN :)
  • PSN: F1WWFC_07
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 414
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2996
  • Level: 21
  • Trophies: 24
  • F1 2016 - F4 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! FIFA 15 - Division One Runner Up - Season 3 7 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2017, 11:19:29 am »
I was thinking of reviving the the tour as it was always quite a relaxing game and alternative the the other competitive leagues. Anyone pick this up since we had the original tour?

ive had this for a long time, but havent played it recently,
liked how you can create random courses etc,

dont mind having a go etc - i can create the courses with random course names etc if you like fish?

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2017, 11:29:57 am »
I've never tried making courses on this to be honest, apparently there are 150,000 now!  :o 
They've announced TGC2 and these courses will be transferring across to the new game which is cool.

I'd probably use many of the courses already built, and make a calendar from these. So theres no need to make courses unless you wanted to dabble.

Tejuarr

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2017, 01:02:40 pm »
I've got it, could do with a few more lessons though! Best round on it is only a 78 around the first course! Found it tricky to get used to

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2017, 01:09:11 pm »
Its pure golf mate, no gimmicks like pressing buttons for spin etc. So the controls are simple, you just need to practice and get used to them. I never mastered them completely, i generally finished between -10 or 10+ over par. Small things can make a big difference, you need to consider the elevation, if there is a large drop or rise you need to factor that into your club choice, not just hack away. Also, things like green firmness. Sometimes you would dial it in and land sweetly on the green but then roll further and further off. Sometimes it might pay to drop down a club and roll the ball in off the fairway onto the green towards the pin.

It really is a great representation of real golf in many ways.

chrashbird

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: chrashbird
  • Likes Given: 126
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2017, 03:32:12 pm »
Its pure golf mate, no gimmicks like pressing buttons for spin etc. So the controls are simple, you just need to practice and get used to them. I never mastered them completely, i generally finished between -10 or 10+ over par. Small things can make a big difference, you need to consider the elevation, if there is a large drop or rise you need to factor that into your club choice, not just hack away. Also, things like green firmness. Sometimes you would dial it in and land sweetly on the green but then roll further and further off. Sometimes it might pay to drop down a club and roll the ball in off the fairway onto the green towards the pin.

It really is a great representation of real golf in many ways.

Hey HF, I saw you posted on HB's forum. Will there be any plans for having a PSGL Society? Would probably be easier than running a league and I'm sure players like Burton and Blueorfe would be interested in joining as it was a fun and relaxed community.

Hope alls well.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2017, 04:19:20 pm »
Great to hear from you Chrash!
That's the plan, I'll definitely be picking TGC2 up. I think I'll be setting something up similar to before, but making use of the new tools like Society's.

Whether there is the interest, I'll wait and see.

I'm looking forward to the new game. I got a little burnt out previously, organising stuff and trying to play. Are you in the beta?

chrashbird

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: chrashbird
  • Likes Given: 126
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2017, 06:56:40 am »
Great to hear from you Chrash!
That's the plan, I'll definitely be picking TGC2 up. I think I'll be setting something up similar to before, but making use of the new tools like Society's.

Whether there is the interest, I'll wait and see.

I'm looking forward to the new game. I got a little burnt out previously, organising stuff and trying to play. Are you in the beta?

I'm not, moved 2 years ago and haven't turned the pc on since. I just stick to the PS4. I got burnt out a few times but kept going back, now I just swap between that and BF1.

I'll keep my eyes open to see if it picks up in here closer to release. I'll let Smiffy know too as well as Brad and Tim. I'm sure Jimmy and Scarpacci will port some of their courses over.

Heisenberg

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Born in Canada, raised in Wales, loves music, sport, especially MMA, Rugby Union & Football, Film & Family - not particularly in that order.
  • PSN: simmmy
  • Main League: Tiger Woods PGA
  • Likes Given: 1
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • TW14 League - PGA Championship (Major) 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2017, 11:32:55 pm »
I'm looking forward to the Golf club 2, I never bought the original but played the Tiger Woods & then the Rory Mcilroy debacle. The social aspect looks appealing to me, hope to see you guys on the course.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2017, 09:53:20 pm »
Great to hear Heisenberg! You missed a solid game in TGC1, i stayed well clear of McIlroy. It looked great visually on Frostbite, but it seemed like a game gutted of content and game modes. TGC was a breath of fresh air, no frills but extremely solid mechnics and no gimmicks.