* The Golf Club

Author Topic: The Golf Club PSGL Tour - League Discussion  (Read 10255 times)

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 80
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
Re: The Golf Club PSGL Tour - League Discussion
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2014, 04:57:48 pm »
I'm weighing up what to do for season two of the PSGL Tour.

One idea, other than keeping it as it is, is to have Tour Pro's and Tour Am's (amateurs). Everyone plays in the same tourney's but there are separate tour leaderboards for each group.

So the one tourney leaderboard is slot into two at the end to work out the tour points. So there would be a Pro and an Am winner effectively.

Just thinking aloud.
Put me on the pro one so i can try to catch the big boys  :)

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: AFCTUJacko
  • Likes Given: 423
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1966
  • Level: 15
  • Trophies: 9
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2014 - FP2 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2014 - FP2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2014, 03:28:20 pm »
How are we finding the new update?

The handicap system is interesting and adds a different element to just playing a round on your own. But the leaderboards and a few other things seem a bit glitched.

Also the stroke index (which holes are classed as easiest and hardest) seems wrong.

Currently rocking a +9.2 handicap.

Actually the best thing about the update is the cool new sound it makes when you hit fairway woods.

Things i want most in the game...hybrids

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1174
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2014, 06:10:51 pm »
I forgot that this update was coming, its quite a big'un.
I need to look into what the handicap's mean, but i need to play 5 more official course to get my handicap first!! I didn't realise i had played so few  lol  I must only take part in PSGL tourneys.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:58 pm »
I forgot to say, i am off out to a wedding reception in a minute so i will get the new tourney up tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay!!
But i am looking forward to boozing and boogeying to be honest!!

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2014 - FP2 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2014 - FP2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2014, 06:19:41 pm »
I forgot that this update was coming, its quite a big'un.
I need to look into what the handicap's mean, but i need to play 5 more official course to get my handicap first!! I didn't realise i had played so few  lol  I must only take part in PSGL tourneys.

Everyone has to play 5 rounds post update to get one no matter how many you've played so far i think.

How it works.....basically (this might get long). With a handicap of plus 9 i have a shot added to my score on the 9 easiest holes on the course to calculate my "net" score. On the other 9 harder holes my actual score is also my net score.

So essentially, 9 under par is my "par score"

If Player X has a handicap of minus 9 they have a shot taken OFF their score on the hard holes to work out their net score so 9 over becomes their par.

It will make much more sense once you see it in action  ;)

Have a good night!

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2014, 10:24:35 pm »
AFCTUJacko, I think with your explanation i may understand it better. I have my handicap i played the five courses. I wanted to test it in a tournament and man oh man was i surprised I shot -6 for a 18 hole  tournament and my handicap score on the board was +22 I don't need that kinda help  thanks but no thanks.

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2014, 09:32:36 am »
AFCTUJacko, I think with your explanation i may understand it better. I have my handicap i played the five courses. I wanted to test it in a tournament and man oh man was i surprised I shot -6 for a 18 hole  tournament and my handicap score on the board was +22 I don't need that kinda help  thanks but no thanks.

Ha, you're welcome.

I noticed yours was Plus 16 which is very very high. Guessing your tore it up on your 5 qualifing rounds/played easy courses?

Should level out as you play tougher courses.

Although a lot of people seem to be reporting serious bugs with it.

Interesting addition but a little bit puzzled they added this when there are so many other small improvements they could make.

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2014, 10:39:50 am »

Ha, you're welcome.

I noticed yours was Plus 16 which is very very high. Guessing your tore it up on your 5 qualifing rounds/played easy courses?

Should level out as you play tougher courses.

Although a lot of people seem to be reporting serious bugs with it.

Interesting addition but a little bit puzzled they added this when there are so many other small improvements they could make.
I picked the hardest on the handicap list and i was one of the ones that played pinelakes too. Yes i was reading the forum and people are upset!!! wow yes there are other things they could do like how about adding different clubs so a person can set his distances and not be so much between clubs, add some hybrids so you can hold some of these lightening greens. maybe in a couple weeks after everybody has got there handicap established HF can set a side tournament using a handicap course to test the handicap system not counting for points to see what happens.

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2014, 12:56:37 am »
PSN has been down most all day here and no golf for me. if it don't come back up i won't be able to finish the TGC christmas tournament.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2014, 10:56:20 am »
It's pretty poor ain't it, Xbox has been down as well.

One thing I have noticed rated to online at TGC this past month: my PS Plus ran out around mid December yet I am still able to create and take part in tournaments on TGC?? I wonder if because it is synchronised multiplayer and 'only' ghosts it doesn't come under Playstation's need to have Plus. Interesting though.

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2014, 07:23:21 pm »
It's pretty poor ain't it, Xbox has been down as well.

One thing I have noticed rated to online at TGC this past month: my PS Plus ran out around mid December yet I am still able to create and take part in tournaments on TGC?? I wonder if because it is synchronised multiplayer and 'only' ghosts it doesn't come under Playstation's need to have Plus. Interesting though.
I don't know anything about synchronised multiplayer ( hell i had to spell it from you  :) ). but my ISKNGRIS has never had ps plus and i have played tgc since it came to ps4. maybe that's why.

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2015, 12:35:00 am »
Just finished the Coeur D'Alene event. Is there a thread for it yet?

I have some videos to share....  ;)

burton31cat

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 60
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 3
  • The PSGL Tour - Runner Up - Season 3 The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2015, 12:46:53 am »

Yeah, I see blue played and shot like -32. I think I had barely -15. Not my best showing for sure.

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2015, 11:47:24 am »

Yeah, I see blue played and shot like -32. I think I had barely -15. Not my best showing for sure.
My 1st round was a nightmare in 12 to 15mph wind and that 5th green is way out of line for a golf course and that par 3 post stamp cost me 4 strokes in the wind, yes i'm crying like a baby  :20: but i will pull it together and put on my big boy pants and try to make up some strokes.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2015, 08:41:57 pm »
Oh jeez, sounds like i am going to struggle  lol  Hopefully the winds are a little more favourable.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 10:19:45 pm »
There is hope for us all gentleman!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/31650664