* The Golf Club

Author Topic: The Golf Club PSGL Tour - League Discussion  (Read 10253 times)

ACES-R-WILD

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: ACES-R-WILD-
  • Main League: Tiger Woods PGA
  • Likes Given: 9
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Golf Club PSGL Tour - League Discussion
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 02:15:34 pm »
honestly i would like to see us play one event a week or two event with the second being half the points and only two rounds, but we need to play at least one event evry week just like the tour, im in a few leagues and thats how they do it it will attract more players hope you guys agree

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1174
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 02:22:58 pm »
Are they playing three or four rounds per event?

If that is what people think would be better, I am happy to expand the calendar.

The tour season could last three months, with 12 events.

ACES-R-WILD

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 02:25:55 pm »
4 rounds for the first and two rounds each for th next two events we play three event a week total of 8 rounds but the second and third is for half the points

ACES-R-WILD

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 02:30:52 pm »
yes and play a major every four rounds we would have a great league that way oh ive been working on some courses if you would like to check them out, im working on kiawah island ocean course , laying it out from tiger and gps , i just got done with valhalla gc (usopen) looks great its tough course greens are a challenge tho i need to work on them a bit but its a open so try it guys

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: AFCTUJacko
  • Likes Given: 423
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1966
  • Level: 15
  • Trophies: 9
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2014 - FP2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 F1 2014 - FP2 Constructors Champion - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 06:44:31 pm »
Are they playing three or four rounds per event?

If that is what people think would be better, I am happy to expand the calendar.

The tour season could last three months, with 12 events.

One event a week (3 or 4 rounds) would suit me.

Only takes 30-40 mins to play a round so not a major burden on peoples time.

Bruinboy20

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 0
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2014, 04:48:49 pm »
First of all, I'm still trying to find the first tournament.  So that's frustrating.  Also, since I travel a bit, having two weeks to complete a tournament instead of one week helps me to play all the events. 

smoknpirate

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 34
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 3
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 05:53:32 pm »
I know this is going to come off as a complete NOOB question, but....what's the easiest way to share a video clip from the PS4 to your friends? Seems as though that should be pretty simple. I haven't had a PS since the original back in the early 90's. I had a cool little fairway hole out for a 2 on the 12th hole at Frazgard. I'd love to share my brilliance with others.  :6:

smoknpirate

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • The PSGL Cup - Team USA - Champion - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 06:00:07 pm »
First of all, I'm still trying to find the first tournament.  So that's frustrating.  Also, since I travel a bit, having two weeks to complete a tournament instead of one week helps me to play all the events.

You have to first be friends with Humanfish..After that's been done you need to search for "Frazgard Lakes Invitational" in either "Play Tour" or "Play Tournament" option from the play menu. It can only be found in one or the other. Can't recall which one, but search under both and it should pop up. I think there's only a couple more days to complete the 3 rounds.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 10:10:27 pm »

I know this is going to come off as a complete NOOB question, but....what's the easiest way to share a video clip from the PS4 to your friends? Seems as though that should be pretty simple. I haven't had a PS since the original back in the early 90's. I had a cool little fairway hole out for a 2 on the 12th hole at Frazgard. I'd love to share my brilliance with others.  :6:

Have you made the recording?
If so, what I do is take it into ShareFactory (the free video editing software on PS4), edited it down to the bit I want (it can be no more than 15 mins), and then save and format it via ShareFactory.

I then transfer it onto a USB stick and upload to YouTube via my laptop. In the 2.0 PS4 OS update we should get the ability to edit in ShareFactory and upload direct to YouTube, which will be great.

If any of that is unclear, shout!!

smoknpirate

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 11:20:39 pm »
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can set that up. I thought there would've been a more direct sharing function to other PS4 users rather than the Youtube route. I have the recording already and trimmed it down to just the short segment I wanted.

Bruinboy20

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 0
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 11:32:30 pm »
Smokn ... thanks for the reply.  I finally found the course on Tournament and then had to choose "friends tourney" or something like that.  Weird.  It took awhile, it finally appeared.  I've played two less than stellar rounds compared to the rest of you, but OK for me.  It's nice to have something to look forward to on the Golf Club.  I tried my hand at another tour group, but had to play eight rounds a week, and that was a no go for me.  I do want to stay married  :)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 11:00:15 pm »
The second tournament in the PSGL Tour will be up on Sunday evening (UK time), and will be 'live' for a week.

JK-Saturnine

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Bump and Grind
  • PSN: JK-Saturnine
  • FIFA Club Position: Any
  • Likes Given: 36
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 42
  • Level: 0
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! FIFA 12 5v5 League Winner - Season 3 PS3GL Premium Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 07:16:55 pm »
Is there any appetite for making events 10-14 days long whilst having a new event every week? the extra time would suit players like me who are casual and need the practice before hand. If not - don't worry. I appreciate it could be harder to administrate.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 09:38:12 pm »
I hear ya JK, i understand that it can be quite a commitment on a weekly basis, particularly with work, playing other games/leagues and it being a game where practice is really needed.

I misread your post to start with, but i see what your saying. Keep to a weekly schedule of new tournaments, but provide a bit more time to complete them. It would drag the events on a little longer than i'd ideally want, but it is no hardship in truth. Especially if people would be happy to have a little more time. Perhaps if i make tournaments with a 10 or 12 day period instead.

Pipeit55

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 80
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 04:40:05 am »
I hear ya JK, i understand that it can be quite a commitment on a weekly basis, particularly with work, playing other games/leagues and it being a game where practice is really needed.

I misread your post to start with, but i see what your saying. Keep to a weekly schedule of new tournaments, but provide a bit more time to complete them. It would drag the events on a little longer than i'd ideally want, but it is no hardship in truth. Especially if people would be happy to have a little more time. Perhaps if i make tournaments with a 10 or 12 day period instead.

I just want to say something here and i have no hard feelings about what you would like to do to help others out but it will turn into a administrative nightmare and us the players will always have to look back to see where we are. the tournaments are set now for 7 days thats Sunday to Sunday and i understand being busy I still have to work and manage my time to get these tournaments in and i have seven days to practise and then play them. You have a listing of all the courses and i start playing them as the tournament approaches so i can be familiar with them as i have time during the week so i can keep with the tournament details and rules that i agreed to to play in this tour. Please don't misunderstand me I'm just giving my opinion and i think seven days is long enough.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2014, 08:08:03 am »
I hear what your saying Pip and it's a fair point. I think it JK's situation he takes part in two or three other leagues on the site, as well as other outside commitment, hence why he was putting out the feelers.