* The Golf Club

Author Topic: The PSGL Tour Preason Tour Event - 7/9/14 to 28/9/14 [FINISHED]  (Read 7526 times)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1083
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
Re: The PSGL Tour Preason Tour Event - 7/9/14 to 28/9/14
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2014, 10:36:07 pm »
Fishy and I played a turn-based game yesterday. Thought it was more tense. You don't get to build up rhythm as easily. And - if you're pitching twice - then you know you've hit shorter than your opponent which can prey on the mind.

Yea, that was a fun, quite social, way to play. I enjoyed it, but i couldn't play a tournament round like it  lol  It was a little buggy, nothing major but one or other of us had played our shot it would stay on the play you were watching. You just had to go the menu to disable then enable the shot watching option. No biggie.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2014, 09:57:30 pm »
I've updated the first post with with leaderboard tables for the three events. Little Brook Manor is complete, i'll fill in Castle Creek and Yuma Desert soon.

Well done to NCFC for a cracking win at Little Brook Manor, and everyone else for taking part. We are all learning, so i am sure we all left birdies out there, perhaps even the odd eagle.

The events are still up there, so anyone who hasn't carded rounds feel free to give it a go. Don't be ashamed of poor scores, we are all learning. And if people want to play rounds together to maybe pick up tips, just shout.

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: AFCTUJacko
  • Likes Given: 423
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1966
  • Level: 15
  • Trophies: 9
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2014 - FP2 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2014 - FP2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2014, 10:54:44 pm »
Anyone tried any of the "Hardest" Courses yet?  I am working my way through the most played, setting myself a score i can (hopefully) come back to and beat once i'm improved.

Some of them are killers. Especially the greens. Par is a great score on most of them.

JK-Saturnine

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Bump and Grind
  • PSN: JK-Saturnine
  • FIFA Club Position: Any
  • Likes Given: 36
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 42
  • Level: 0
  • Trophies: 3
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! FIFA 12 5v5 League Winner - Season 3 PS3GL Premium Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2014, 11:12:00 pm »
Anyone tried any of the "Hardest" Courses yet?  I am working my way through the most played, setting myself a score i can (hopefully) come back to and beat once i'm improved.

Some of them are killers. Especially the greens. Par is a great score on most of them.

I have - it made me want to cry.

JK-Saturnine

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Bump and Grind
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! FIFA 12 5v5 League Winner - Season 3 PS3GL Premium Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2014, 11:17:58 pm »
My internet installation has a fault so I'm unsure when I'll be online to participate further. Plusnet - anyone know/ can vouch for them? Been pretty shoddy so far. Miss my 152mb Virginmedia already :(

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2014, 11:24:33 pm »
lol
I must admit, I haven't yet. But I think it would be good to include them in the league tour.

I've got a few other ideas that I need to put meat on the bones of. Things to do over a month, alongside a main league tour. JK mentioned a Ryder Cup style tournament, which could be a good end if season event.

Remember, if you have anyone on your friends lust playing, get them to join up as the more we have the better it will be.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2014, 11:27:18 pm »

My internet installation has a fault so I'm unsure when I'll be online to participate further. Plusnet - anyone know/ can vouch for them? Been pretty shoddy so far. Miss my 152mb Virginmedia already :(

I know they are one of the smaller providers, that is, not BT, Sky or Virgin. And there adverts have a chubby northern lad who likes a blow on a trumpet. Oo er missus.

It's always difficult to get accurate ISP reviews online, inevitably the only ones who can be bother to post on review sites are those with an axe to grind.

What have they ballsed up?

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 The PSGL Tour - 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2014 - FP2 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2014 - FP2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2014, 11:31:01 pm »

I have - it made me want to cry.

Ha ha. Not just me then. Managed around par om some of them but 5/6/7 over on others.  Brings you right back down to earth 5 putting one green  :109:

Still, gives me great incentive to keep playing and  improve
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:33:53 pm by AFCTUJacko »

JK-Saturnine

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Bump and Grind
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 11:34:34 pm »
I just haven't been able to get online in 3 days. So now I'm out of data per my personal phone (resets in 30 mins, using work phone for now). My router is a strange one. It's got 4 lights. Power - obvs, Ethernet - obvs. But it's got separate Internet and Broadband lights and I dunno why or what the difference is.

JK-Saturnine

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Bump and Grind
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2014, 11:43:19 pm »
Yup 5/6/7 over (ie 12 shots or so) was fairly frequent.

The pace of some of the greens - oooooh I say.

MrWhite1972

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: MrWhite1972
  • Main League: FIFA FUT
  • Likes Given: 239
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2014, 10:34:56 am »
did the first 3 rounds, must admit thats the best ive played, i could easily go 20 to 30 shots worse than that, will get the rest in later.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2014, 11:09:59 am »
Good stuff, well done MrWhite.
Whilst the greens aren't easy per se, with a good approach shot you can easily be on for birdies or the odd eagle. That's my problem  lol  Not getting close enough to the pin in the first place.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2014, 10:19:09 pm »
I've just seen your screen shot Whitey after getting on my laptop, bloody hell  :o  a 53  :105:  I know some of those greens were flat  lol  We'll definately need some more challenging courses  lol

I'll update the standings tomorrow.

MrWhite1972

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: MrWhite1972
  • Main League: FIFA FUT
  • Likes Given: 239
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2014, 10:35:16 pm »
The setup of the first course helps build confidence and is much needed on this game, yes future courses should be harder but not stupidly harder like on another tour im in....i actually shot +30 for 4 rds the other day, 1 wrong shot and your 4 or 5 putting, thats make the game unrealistic and stupid.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2014, 10:37:11 pm »
Is that the greens more the course itself? I must admit, i haven't tried any 'hard' courses yet.
Your right though, its a fine line between challenging and feeling like you are making progress, and feeling like your being made a fool of  lol

AFCTUJacko

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2014, 11:24:24 pm »
The setup of the first course helps build confidence and is much needed on this game, yes future courses should be harder but not stupidly harder like on another tour im in....i actually shot +30 for 4 rds the other day, 1 wrong shot and your 4 or 5 putting, thats make the game unrealistic and stupid.

Which course was the 30 over?

I feel pretty confident i can score par or better almost anywhere now. Bloody hard on some courses though