Author Topic: GAMESCON LIVE TODAY  (Read 1681 times)

Anky

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Follow the Buzzards
  • PSN: AnkyG-21
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • Likes Given: 227
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1115
  • Level: 10
  • Trophies: 14
  • FIFA 12 5v5 Cup Winner - Season 3 FIFA Rivalry event winner League Clubs Champion Admin vs Members Winner 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GAMESCON LIVE TODAY
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 08:11:30 am »

“One day Rome shall fade and crumble. Yet you shall always be remembered in the hearts of all who yearn for freedom.”

chris79327

• Fifa 2012 Admin
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: chris79327
  • Likes Given: 12
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 500
  • Level: 5
  • Trophies: 9
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL EFL Season 2 - Division 2 Winner FIFA 12 EU Premiership Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 EU FIFA Cup Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 Runner Up (2nd)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 09:20:18 am »
yeah it maybe free, but its only the standard version, not ultimate team, so if you want the 24 gold pack versions you'll have to fork out anyway.

Don't blame Sony fr not trying to do something like Microsoft, lets face it to secure a free copy of Fifa fr every pre order they will have paid crazy money to do so ( supposedly around $80 million) to cover copies that EA would've sold otherwise

Also if we are being objective, at least Sony made their camera optional rather than forcing it on you, lets be honest who gives a one about kinect, terrible piece of technology. Also both can motion track n record but the new PS camera can record in 3D on top of everything else. Plus it plugs into the console rather than taking an extra plug socket.

Kinect 2 is worth $120 according to MS, around 90 pounds

PS camera will retail at 45-50 pounds

Again from an objective view....

One of the main reasons microsoft are 'forcing' their Kinect on the consumer is to try to boost the developers market for the kinect games.

If every xbone is sold with a kinect then games developers are more likely to churn out decent games for the kinect genre and more often as they KNOW that every xbox owner will have one.

And in all fairness the kinect 2 looks like a tidy piece of hardware but its easy to make something 'look' good.

Im just a bit disappointed as I had convinced a group of my friends (all hardcore xbox owners and ultimate team players) to go over to playstation but after the microsoft show yesterday and the disappointing ps4 show they are all umming and arrring about whether or not to continue with the ps4. My point being if 4 of my mates are doing this how many other people in europe are doing the same?

I still maintain that sony missed a great opportunity to do something definitive yesterday to cement the demise of the xbone but they didn't. They even announced the launch date a little later than a lot of people were expecting/speculated and its now looking almost certain that the xbone will launch before the ps4 hits retailers, which will close the gap even further.

Plantsman

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Plantsman
  • Likes Given: 402
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1198
  • Level: 10
  • Trophies: 14
  • 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL GT5 Semi-Pro League - Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 Black Ops 2 - 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 10:03:44 am »
Well its gonna be a matter of weeks between release so cant see that playing a massive part. A lot of these systems will be bought for christmas this year, and when mummy & daddy go to buy one from Tesco and see the price, and the size of the xbox I can see the direction they will go in

If someone can change their mind after a press conference like that, then more than likely they were gonna change it anyway

Currently it seems to be neck and neck on ps3 and 360 sales, and this after the ps3 came out almost a year after, that kinda sez how peoples perceptions have shifted

Both machines will be a success, so its not a case that you will be backing a loser

chris79327

• Fifa 2012 Admin
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: chris79327
  • Likes Given: 12
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 500
  • Level: 5
  • Trophies: 9
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL EFL Season 2 - Division 2 Winner FIFA 12 EU Premiership Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 EU FIFA Cup Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 Runner Up (2nd)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 10:11:57 am »
Well its gonna be a matter of weeks between release so cant see that playing a massive part. A lot of these systems will be bought for christmas this year, and when mummy & daddy go to buy one from Tesco and see the price, and the size of the xbox I can see the direction they will go in

If someone can change their mind after a press conference like that, then more than likely they were gonna change it anyway

Currently it seems to be neck and neck on ps3 and 360 sales, and this after the ps3 came out almost a year after, that kinda sez how peoples perceptions have shifted

Both machines will be a success, so its not a case that you will be backing a loser

Yes it is pretty much neck and neck now between the xbox and ps3 but it wasn't for a longggggg time.

Don't get me wrong I am definitely sticking with my pre-order for the ps4 as they have done enough to convince me (mainly due naughty dog) but I wish it was a little more cut and dry for everyone else.

ChristopherGore

• 5x F1 Champion
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• 4 Time F1 World Champion
  • PSN: ChristopherGore
  • FIFA Club Position: ST
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 177
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2537
  • Level: 19
  • Trophies: 17
  • F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2015 - F3 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2014 - F3 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 EFL Season 1 - Division 1 Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 12:17:18 pm »
Mine is an objective view over kinect, just because every home that has xbox one will have kinect doesn't mean in anyway that they'll be better games. Lets face the facts big companies like EA, Ubisoft n so on aren't going to start making AAA titles just because of kinects being bundled with consoles. It'll just be same nonsense as this gen with FIFA n Ghost recon having voice commands like woooo how awesome is that really. Basically big companies don't care for kinect or Move. I think Sony did the right thing letting PS Move drop to background, literally leaving up to the Devs. It still seems MS are intent on forcing Kinect to the devs.

Also fun fact for you the team working on kinect features for FIFA was a 5 man team, as EA said they don't want to risk the core game, Ubisoft said the same basically.

Bestcase in point fr kinect was Star Wars being billed as the thing that would boost kinect high. Yet when it was first announced it was being touted to major companies but none wanted too, so it was pawned off between 6 different dev teams. I worked the launch of it and it was only the limited edition console. The game did naff all.

Like Fish said I was happy with the route they went with the Indie stuff, especially Marasaki Baby. Yet Microsoft ddid their usual buy companies loyalty with crazy money. Sony instead chose to support the little guy.
F1 2011 Career Races: 73  |  Career Poles: 37  |  Career wins: 53  |  Career Podiums: 69  |  Career DNF: 0  |  Career Points:805  |  WDC: 4  | WCC: 3
F1 2012 Career : Races: 57 | Wins: 13 | Poles: 7

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1117
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 12:28:01 pm »
You make some good points Chris, but as Plants suggested, alot of people were looking for an excuse to go back to Xbox rather than wanting to nice to Playstation. If a free copy of FIFA is all it takes, they obviously didn't really want to move to PS after all.

Earn your commission and convince them it's the better machine with the broadest selection if games. Even if your not into indie titles, there might be one that appeals, and it creates a creative platform on the while.

ChristopherGore

• 5x F1 Champion
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• 4 Time F1 World Champion
  • PSN: ChristopherGore
  • FIFA Club Position: ST
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 177
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2537
  • Level: 19
  • Trophies: 17
  • F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2015 - F3 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2014 - F3 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 EFL Season 1 - Division 1 Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 02:08:32 pm »
oh how i wish it was commission based lol, I've sold many customers on the PS4 over xbox by simply being honest with facts
F1 2011 Career Races: 73  |  Career Poles: 37  |  Career wins: 53  |  Career Podiums: 69  |  Career DNF: 0  |  Career Points:805  |  WDC: 4  | WCC: 3
F1 2012 Career : Races: 57 | Wins: 13 | Poles: 7