Author Topic: GAMESCON LIVE TODAY  (Read 2052 times)

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• Check out our YouTube Channel
  • PSN: teddyuk1
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1454
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 775
  • Level: 7
  • Trophies: 17
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
GAMESCON LIVE TODAY
« on: August 20, 2013, 02:14:16 pm »
Electronic Arts Press Conference: 3:00pm BST (7:00am PT/10:00am ET)
Sony PlayStation Press Conference: 6:00pm BST (10:00am PT/1:00pm ET)

You can see the live stream of these conferences today on our official Gamescon Channel

http://ps3gl.com/index.php?page=gamescom

chris79327

• Fifa 2012 Admin
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: chris79327
  • Likes Given: 12
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 500
  • Level: 5
  • Trophies: 9
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL EFL Season 2 - Division 2 Winner FIFA 12 EU Premiership Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 EU FIFA Cup Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 Runner Up (2nd)
    • View Profile
Re: GAMESCON LIVE TODAY
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 02:40:23 pm »
So what does everyone think of the exclusive 'legends' content on the xbox for FIFA 14?

Also think its a very shrewd  move by microsoft to include FIFA 14 free with the xbox 1.

This is certainly going to change a few peoples mind about which console to buy  <sy>

Hope sony can pull something out of the bag at their presentation tonight!

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• Check out our YouTube Channel
  • PSN: teddyuk1
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1454
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 775
  • Level: 7
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 02:49:48 pm »
So what does everyone think of the exclusive 'legends' content on the xbox for FIFA 14?

Also think its a very shrewd  move by microsoft to include FIFA 14 free with the xbox 1.

This is certainly going to change a few peoples mind about which console to buy  <sy>

To be honest I think Sony has already done what they needed to, I mean all the Xbox one is a glorified Sky+ box and that cost them from the start. I have faith that Sony will deliver something special and destroy Microsoft  :19:

chris79327

• Fifa 2012 Admin
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL EFL Season 2 - Division 2 Winner FIFA 12 EU Premiership Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 EU FIFA Cup Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 Runner Up (2nd)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 02:57:52 pm »

To be honest I think Sony has already done what they needed to, I mean all the Xbox one is a glorified Sky+ box and that cost them from the start. I have faith that Sony will deliver something special and destroy Microsoft  :19:

I don't know mate, there are plenty of people out there who were on the fence about which console to get. Its certainly not to late to change your pre-order.  This might just sway them towards the xbone.

To be honest i'm furious with EA for potentially alienating their Playstaion fanbase. I wish I had the cohoonas to poke 2 fingers up to them and quit fifa and EA for good!

LiamWilliams___

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: WeLsH_ShOtZz_LW
  • Likes Given: 0
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2683
  • Level: 20
  • Trophies: 7
  • EFL Season 1 - Division 2 Runner Up Black Ops 2 - Champion - Season 1 FIFA 13 - Challenge League Winner - Season 9 FIFA - World Cup Third Place FIFA 13 - EU League - La Liga Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 03:05:20 pm »
I think the legends content is pretty poor, not bothered at all. When did ljungberg even become a legend?

Fifa 13 1v1s Games Played: 100 - Wins: 78 - Draws: 14 - Losses: 8

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1215
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 03:43:35 pm »
It's just one game, if you get swayed by that, it's up to you. You can get the PS4 and FIFA and still have plenty of change.

I'm basing my console buying on more than the one game, and in past experience. I trust Sony to offer me more than COD and FIFA.

Betrayer46

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• VR46 the G.O.A.T
  • PSN: Betrayer46
  • Likes Given: 744
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 5528
  • Level: 34
  • Trophies: 29
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 GT5 Pro League - Drivers Champion - Season 1 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 6 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 5 GT5 PSGL Cup Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 04:12:19 pm »

But you could go out and buy a PS4 and a copy of FIF14 and it will still be cheaper than buying an xbox1

DZUS

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 05:58:38 pm »

But you could go out and buy a PS4 and a copy of FIF14 and it will still be cheaper than buying an xbox1

And most likely better/smoother/faster given the power difference between the two consoles.

mrgrumpy1989

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 2615
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 21
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 06:01:08 pm »
Microsoft are just panicking with all this backtracking on policies etc. Nothing they are doing will sway opinions.

I've seen comments about the FIFA thing with Xbox One and a lot aren't even interested in FIFA.

Ultimate Team is a pointless game mode anyway, and adding Legends to it, exclusive to Xbox One, isn't enough to make it interesting.

Like it's already been said, you can buy a PS4 and buy FIFA 14, and it'll still be 30 cheaper. (thereabouts)

GAME have an excellent PS4 bundle - Killzone Shadow Fall and Driveclub included and I bet that's still cheaper than Xbox One.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 06:06:00 pm »
They haven't released a price for that bundle though, it could be 450.

mrgrumpy1989

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 2615
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 21
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 07:34:46 pm »
Heard it was a bad conference, but Sony already won the next-gen war months ago.

Unlike what Chris(loads of numbers) has been saying. The FIFA on Xbox One isn't a masterstroke to tempt people to buy that instead. A hell of a lot of people aren't interested in the FIFA thing and Ultimate Team is pointless.

The PS4 is 50% more powerful than the One and is 80 quid cheaper. The One is just a set-top box and Microsoft don't care about gamers, as proven by all those stupid policies and restrictions, where they had to embarrassingly back down and reverse them all. If they really cared about it's customers, then they wouldn't have made those policies in the first place. They're just money-grabbing bleeps.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:53:42 pm by mrgrumpy1989 »

ChristopherGore

• 5x F1 Champion
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• 4 Time F1 World Champion
  • PSN: ChristopherGore
  • FIFA Club Position: ST
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 177
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2537
  • Level: 19
  • F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2015 - F3 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2014 - F3 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 EFL Season 1 - Division 1 Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 07:55:46 pm »
I thought it was a decent confrence in all, wasn't fussed about the majority of the indie stuff they focused on.

I was laughing at Microsoft fr the fifa bundle thing lol, one its a digital version so you need to download it first (estimated 15.5GB).

Its also just the standard version not ultimate team so is of no benefit to ultimate team users.

also Grumps that GAME bundle I think is going to be 400-420 so yeah still cheaper
F1 2011 Career Races: 73  |  Career Poles: 37  |  Career wins: 53  |  Career Podiums: 69  |  Career DNF: 0  |  Career Points:805  |  WDC: 4  | WCC: 3
F1 2012 Career : Races: 57 | Wins: 13 | Poles: 7

Betrayer46

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• VR46 the G.O.A.T
  • PSN: Betrayer46
  • Likes Given: 744
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 5528
  • Level: 34
  • Trophies: 29
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 GT5 Pro League - Drivers Champion - Season 1 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 6 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 5 GT5 PSGL Cup Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 09:48:57 pm »
I thought it was a decent confrence in all, wasn't fussed about the majority of the indie stuff they focused on.

I was laughing at Microsoft fr the fifa bundle thing lol, one its a digital version so you need to download it first (estimated 15.5GB).

Its also just the standard version not ultimate team so is of no benefit to ultimate team users.

also Grumps that GAME bundle I think is going to be 400-420 so yeah still cheaper

I hope so coz thats the one ive gone for :)

Had microsoft gone with COD instead of fifa it might have been a different story. Lets not forget all the problems they had with the launch of the xbox360. I had 7 RROD in the space of 3 years. Finally had enough and started using my PS3 and havent looked back since.

If i was gonna buy an xbox1 the first thing i would be worried about is "will it last until chirstmas?"

chris79327

• Fifa 2012 Admin
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 11:21:14 pm »
Heard it was a bad conference, but Sony already won the next-gen war months ago.

Unlike what Chris(loads of numbers) has been saying. The FIFA on Xbox One isn't a masterstroke to tempt people to buy that instead. A hell of a lot of people aren't interested in the FIFA thing and Ultimate Team is pointless.

The PS4 is 50% more powerful than the One and is 80 quid cheaper. The One is just a set-top box and Microsoft don't care about gamers, as proven by all those stupid policies and restrictions, where they had to embarrassingly back down and reverse them all. If they really cared about it's customers, then they wouldn't have made those policies in the first place. They're just money-grabbing bleeps.

I think you will find mr grumpy(one less number than me) that ut is the most popular mode of play on the current fifa games and is the main reason that so many people buy the game.

If Sony had pulled the stunt that Microsoft did today then it would of been game over for xbone. But they didn't, instead they previewed a load of indie titles that hardly anyone is interested in.

The Xbox is more expensive because it comes bundled with 80 worth of extra hardware, and if you take into account that they have now offered a free game on top of that the gap between the 2 consoles has narrowed somewhat.

Jesus can you not try to be a little objective.

ChristopherGore

• 5x F1 Champion
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• 4 Time F1 World Champion
  • PSN: ChristopherGore
  • FIFA Club Position: ST
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 177
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2537
  • Level: 19
  • F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2015 - F3 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2014 - F3 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 EFL Season 1 - Division 1 Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 11:39:56 pm »
yeah it maybe free, but its only the standard version, not ultimate team, so if you want the 24 gold pack versions you'll have to fork out anyway.

Don't blame Sony fr not trying to do something like Microsoft, lets face it to secure a free copy of Fifa fr every pre order they will have paid crazy money to do so ( supposedly around $80 million) to cover copies that EA would've sold otherwise

Also if we are being objective, at least Sony made their camera optional rather than forcing it on you, lets be honest who gives a one about kinect, terrible piece of technology. Also both can motion track n record but the new PS camera can record in 3D on top of everything else. Plus it plugs into the console rather than taking an extra plug socket.

Kinect 2 is worth $120 according to MS, around 90 pounds

PS camera will retail at 45-50 pounds
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 11:46:35 pm by ChristopherGore »
F1 2011 Career Races: 73  |  Career Poles: 37  |  Career wins: 53  |  Career Podiums: 69  |  Career DNF: 0  |  Career Points:805  |  WDC: 4  | WCC: 3
F1 2012 Career : Races: 57 | Wins: 13 | Poles: 7

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 08:08:46 am »

]
But they didn't, instead they previewed a load of indie titles that hardly anyone is interested in.

On the contrary, that's why I am going with Playstation. Not only will they have great triple A games from their own studios, like Uncharted, they will also have most if the triple A from third parties, as well as be the unofficial home of independent games on console.

If you only buy one or two games a year, FIFA and COD, then you probably don't care. But there is a lot to be said for offering choice.