Author Topic: Xbox One - General Discussion  (Read 2561 times)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1106
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 720 Discussion Thread
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 01:22:11 pm »
They will both be fantastic consoles, but it is clear to see that Microsofts focus is not games, that was just a ploy to get themselves into people's living rooms.

Sony's focus will be games, and all kinds of them (triple A, console pushing exclusives, cheap indie titles, MMOs), and that's what I want from my next games console.

In terms of install base for 360 and PS3, it's basically equal at around 76 million consoles.

I might be surprised and go for the next Xbox, but I think Sony have learnt from many of their mistakes.

chris79327

• Fifa 2012 Admin
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: chris79327
  • Likes Given: 12
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 500
  • Level: 5
  • Trophies: 9
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL EFL Season 2 - Division 2 Winner FIFA 12 EU Premiership Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 EU FIFA Cup Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 Runner Up (2nd)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 03:12:38 pm »
Assassins Creed has always been on xbox lol..

Wow you learn something new everyday lol

Just done a bit of research and I have decided to wait to see what the reviews say about both consoles before making up my mind.

I like you fishy want a games console to be a games console but if Microsoft can make a very good all round entertainment system then I will take that  ;)

Roussell17

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• It tears your balls off.
  • PSN: Roussell17
  • FIFA Club Position: RM
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 28
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 82
  • Level: 1
  • Trophies: 1
  • F1 2012 - F1 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 06:25:43 pm »
I'll get one, BUT there's no need really, I've had an xbox 360 since the release day and I've never really used it. No need for an "all round entertainment system" when I already have a PS3, apple tv, HTPC (that I built myself, Clever me), a sky box and a PS4 on pre-order. Basically I just enjoy wasting money, should really save for a better car.

richardCOD

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: richardCOD
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • Likes Given: 172
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 117
  • Level: 1
  • Trophies: 10
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL PS3GL Premium Member FIFA 10 Champion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 06:38:50 pm »
Xbox Live is better than PSN, but that's only because they invest more $$$ in it due to subscription charges. PS + has great content too to be fair but the overal layout and design of Live seems better to me. This is certain to change with PS4, I have loadsss of faith in Sony to deliver!

CroZZa-9

• FIFA League Admin (5v5)
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• FIFA Pro, COD Noob
  • PSN: Crozza-9
  • FIFA Club: Real Madrid
  • Main League: FIFA Teams
  • Likes Given: 16
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 274
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 11
  • FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Winner - Season 5 FIFA 13 - 5v5 Cup Winner - Season 5 FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Winner - Season 4 FIFA 12 5v5 Cup Winner - Season 3 League Clubs Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 07:17:29 pm »
Xbox Live is better than PSN, but that's only because they invest more $$$ in it due to subscription charges. PS + has great content too to be fair but the overal layout and design of Live seems better to me. This is certain to change with PS4, I have loadsss of faith in Sony to deliver!

to be honest Xbox Live has been having loads of problems the past few months,

5v5 Season 5 Winner - 5v5 Season 5 Cup Winner - 5v5 Season 4 Winner - 5v5 Season 3 Cup Winner
League Clubs Winner - Admin vs Members Winner - FIFA Rivalry event winner
[12:55:09] Anky: kissing the enemy, fag

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• Check out our YouTube Channel
  • PSN: teddyuk1
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1450
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 775
  • Level: 7
  • Trophies: 17
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 02:21:59 pm »

I have to agree, I love the design and layout of the 360 and have never been a fan of the layout on the Playstation 3, however from the reports that I have seen I'm looking forward to the PS4 and I don't think I will get the next-gen xbox if the PS4 lives up to the hype.

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• Check out our YouTube Channel
  • PSN: teddyuk1
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1450
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 775
  • Level: 7
  • Trophies: 17
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 04:24:23 pm »
I mentioned before that I felt that microsoft was pushing this maybe too fast with the announcement of the PS4

Read this
Xbox 720 software development is as much as six months behind schedule, a new report has suggested.

With the next-generation Xbox and PS4 both likely to launch by the end of the year, Sony is said to be further along in the hardware and software development process, according to Kotaku.

It has also been suggested that Microsoft is trying to sign more Xbox 720 exclusives, following the cancellation of numerous internal projects.

The news comes from the same report that claims Respawn Entertainment has signed an exclusivity deal with Microsoft.