Author Topic: Xbox One - General Discussion  (Read 3063 times)

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• Check out our YouTube Channel
  • PSN: teddyuk1
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1454
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 775
  • Level: 7
  • Trophies: 17
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
Xbox One - General Discussion
« on: April 28, 2013, 10:25:16 am »

Please discuss our rival console in this thread
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:06:58 am by teddyuk »

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Xbox 720 Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 10:28:05 am »
We will be hearing official news regarding this console rumour stating next month and here is some of the features that has been quoted on the internet.

"On [May 21], we'll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future," said Xbox Live director Larry Hyrb.

"Then, 19 days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we'll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games."

It suggests that the May 21 reveal will be for the console and services, and won't show any games.

It is expected that many confirmed multi-platform PS4 titles, such as Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and Thief will be confirmed for the new Xbox.

It is claimed that the Xbox 720 will launch before the end of the year and feature Kinect 2.0, 3D technology and the long-rumoured Xbox TV.

A recent report suggested that the system will not require an always-online internet connection, despite previous rumours suggesting otherwise.

Microsoft will launch the system in early November with two pricing models.

One will be a standalone version for $499 (£323), while the other is a $299 (£193) version that requires the consumer to sign up to a two-year Xbox Live Gold subscription.

The system will be based on the "core" version of Windows 8, allowing similar apps that run on the PC operating system to appear on the console.

Thurrott also confirmed previous reports that the new Xbox would support Blu-ray, and that while it must be online to use, it "isn't as Draconian as many seem to believe".

It was added that a third, cheaper Xbox 360 could also be released this year.

The Xbox 720 is to have revamped social networking, Achievements, anti-piracy checks and video-sharing capabilities, according to a report.

Polygon cites sources saying that Microsoft's upcoming console will enable users to capture video highlights of their gameplay and share them directly through networks like Facebook.

The new Xbox will apparently be able to record gameplay like a DVR, meaning players can go back and select highlights.

Alternatively, there will be a setting which causes the console to automatically record when certain in-game events take place, such as collecting a specific Achievement. The auto-capture is said to be only available on next-gen games.

The recordings can then be uploaded directly from the console to social sites like YouTube.

Microsoft is also said to be planning to make Xbox Live function more like other social networks such as Twitter - with no caps on the number of friends a person can have - and a change to the way you add friends - with people being able to follow one another like on Twitter, instead of there only being two-way friendships.

The sources claim as well that it will be possible to add Achievements after a game's launch without needing to add DLC. In addition, users will be able to tie Achievements to broader events such as a weekend challenge or communal goal, like contributing a specific number of kills to the bigger goal of 10,000 kills over one weekend.

Digital spy
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:34:22 am by teddyuk »

richardCOD

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: richardCOD
  • Likes Given: 172
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 117
  • Level: 1
  • Trophies: 10
  • 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL PS3GL Premium Member FIFA 09 Runner Up
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 10:29:26 am »
Probably similar to PS4 with promotion of the social networking features.

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 10:31:40 am »
They are planning a release for November so i imagine this might push the release for the PS4 so it's really possible that the PS4 Could hit our shops October (I hope so)

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 10:49:07 am »
If anyone is planning to buy a Xbox 720 then my advice is be very careful, it seems to me that they are rushing things slightly because of the announcement Sony made regarding the PS4 and we know what this could mean  <sy>

richardCOD

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL PS3GL Premium Member FIFA 09 Runner Up
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 11:15:20 am »
RROD. YLOD. lol

I still have a gut feeling the PS4 won't hit Europe until 2014 though!

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 11:19:16 am »
RROD. YLOD. lol

I still have a gut feeling the PS4 won't hit Europe until 2014 though!

I have the same thought that Europe will be left until last, hopefully now with the news over the xbox, we might get it December :)

Webcam17

• The Chosen One
  • Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: webcam17
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 627
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1355
  • Level: 11
  • Trophies: 13
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 Sprint Race Cup - Runner Up - Season 2 FIFA 15 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 11:24:10 am »
If anyone buys this, get off the site now! ;)

I dont like Xbox really. Rumors that it only plays in 720P not 1080P

ELITEBUZZ_TIGAZ

• Callum Skidmore-Woods
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Don't be sad it's over, Smile because it happened
  • PSN: HammerHeadEagle1
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • FIFA Club: Tottenham
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • Likes Given: 308
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1168
  • Level: 10
  • Trophies: 9
  • FIFA 16 - Premiership 3rd Place - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Championship Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 15 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 11:27:42 am »
If anyone buys this, get off the site now! ;)

I dont like Xbox really. Rumors that it only plays in 720P not 1080P
it does play in 1080p  ;)
"if you dont want blue flags, be at the front!"Kimi Raikonnen
"Life is like a box of chocolates" MrAgro
 "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." Some girl in my school
"Time's fun when you're having flies." Kermit the Frog

chris79327

• Fifa 2012 Admin
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: chris79327
  • Likes Given: 12
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 500
  • Level: 5
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL EFL Season 2 - Division 2 Winner FIFA 12 EU Premiership Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 EU FIFA Cup Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 Runner Up (2nd)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 11:35:46 am »
Can't wait for the new Xbox. Will be bye bye play station for me when this comes out  :)

Webcam17

• The Chosen One
  • Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: webcam17
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Likes Given: 627
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1355
  • Level: 11
  • Trophies: 13
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 Sprint Race Cup - Runner Up - Season 2 FIFA 15 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 11:40:23 am »
Can't wait for the new Xbox. Will be bye bye play station for me when this comes out  :)

You [email protected] ;)

CG tells me the Xbox is heavily based on connect and that ps4 and Xbox have gone there different ways.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:41:56 am by The_Stig437 »

Anky

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Follow the Buzzards
  • PSN: AnkyG-21
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • Likes Given: 227
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1115
  • Level: 10
  • Trophies: 14
  • FIFA 12 5v5 Cup Winner - Season 3 FIFA Rivalry event winner League Clubs Champion Admin vs Members Winner 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 11:42:38 am »
IMO its wrong a move to have to need internet connection to play games

“One day Rome shall fade and crumble. Yet you shall always be remembered in the hearts of all who yearn for freedom.”

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1189
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 12:00:25 pm »
Enjoy Kinect and all of the entertainment synergies which  Microsoft aim to deliver (to the US at least). I've got a Sky box for that.

I want to play games, and more games, and interesting games, and exclusive GAMES!!!! lol 

mrgrumpy1989

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • Likes Given: 2566
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 21
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 12:13:11 pm »
Rumoured specs for this are nowhere near as good as the PS4 anyway. Plus the fact they're still trying to force Kinect on people and the always on internet required crap.

PS4 all the way for me.

chris79327

• Fifa 2012 Admin
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: chris79327
  • Likes Given: 12
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 500
  • Level: 5
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL EFL Season 2 - Division 2 Winner FIFA 12 EU Premiership Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 EU FIFA Cup Winner - Season 2 FIFA 12 Runner Up (2nd)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 12:43:51 pm »
Rumoured specs for this are nowhere near as good as the PS4 anyway. Plus the fact they're still trying to force Kinect on people and the always on internet required crap.

PS4 all the way for me.

Doesn't matter if the playstation 4 ends up 1000 times more powerful than the xbox the majority of games companies manufacture games primarily to be compatible with the xbox as it has and will continue to have the market share so the playstations "high specs" end up being nothing more than a bogus marketing tool that actually means nothing outside of "sony only" games like uncharted and assassins creed (both of which by the way are rumoured to be available on the xbox 720)

richardCOD

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 01:08:36 pm »
Assassins Creed has always been on xbox lol... Game devs seem high up on PS4 with many of them saying PS4 will be easier to make games for.