Author Topic: PS4 Console Discussion  (Read 71867 times)

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: JknRich
  • Main League: GT5
  • Likes Given: 4
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 48
  • Level: 0
  • Trophies: 3
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Member of the Year 2012 Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: PS4
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 04:28:35 pm »
Not sure you'll get much change out of 500 quid myself. Wont be stepping up for a long while, might not actually, the appeal of boosting my pc for the same amount looks appealing

Tbh plants pc gaming is the way to go. I maybe selling all to get the PC up to date

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Plantsman

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Plantsman
  • Likes Given: 402
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1198
  • Level: 10
  • Trophies: 14
  • 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL GT5 Semi-Pro League - Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 Black Ops 2 - 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
Re: PS4
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 04:30:18 pm »
I'd be very surprised if it was sub 400, and if its gonna be off the shelf components, so that it makes gaming ports from pc easier, then might as well buy a pc.

Its starting to sound how they put the xbox together  :2:

I dont want to be a wonna-be-pc, I want to be different  :20:

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Member of the Year 2012 Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 04:34:20 pm »
I'd be very surprised if it was sub 400, and if its gonna be off the shelf components, so that it makes gaming ports from pc easier, then might as well buy a pc.

Its starting to sound how they put the xbox together  :2:

I dont want to be a wonna-be-pc, I want to be different  :20:

You are different plants ;)

As much as my heart wants a ps4. I played on my dads gaming pc and for the price the ps4 will cost you can build a good gaming pc.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1115
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
PS4
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 04:56:12 pm »
I am somewhat interested in the supposed Steambox. I don't have the room for a traditional desktop gaming PC.

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 04:58:57 pm »
I am somewhat interested in the supposed Steambox. I don't have the room for a traditional desktop gaming PC.

I have my PC plugged into my tv. Seeing as graphics cards these days are HD so gaming on it looks amazing. It makes the ps3 version of skyrim look like a ps2 game.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
PS4
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 05:16:00 pm »
Interesting. How big is the tower/box?
I do like the Sony exclusives, that's probably why ultimately I would only get the PS4 over the 720.

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 05:21:40 pm »
I do like the Sony exclusives, that's probably why ultimately I would only get the PS4 over the 720.

I'll take a pic and post it on the site. It sits really nicely next to the TV unit and you don't really notice it. The other advantage is with a wireless mouse and keyboard so you can watch movies with the PC and control all from your sofa.

Until I see solid specs and price I won't be getting one. I want to know how much it will be. What the ps4 is going to offer for the cash. The compare it to building a PC

yak-404

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• yak not found
  • PSN: yak-404
  • Likes Given: 0
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2012 - F2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 4 F1 2012 - F2 Drivers Runner Up - Season 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 05:51:39 pm »

You can get cases for your PC which are around the size of a sky box/tivo these days and still get a really nice graphics card in there, you're also limited by space which also limits the cost (can't have any fancy dual/triple GPU configurations, no fancy CPU cooling and have to have low profile ram). Heat can be a bit of an issue. These m-atx cases are around:

length: 12.75"
Width: 3.9"
Depth: 17"

But of course you can lie it on its side and make it low profile, not sure what that would do for airflow. Sorry it's in inches but I just googled it and it came up with an american website.

You can also get some larger towers which give you a bit more freedom with the internals as wiring can be a nag in m-atx cases without being too large such as the Coolermaster haf 912 which is around 19.50" x 9.10" x 18.90". Also an american website so inches.

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 06:07:16 pm »

You can get cases for your PC which are around the size of a sky box/tivo these days and still get a really nice graphics card in there, you're also limited by space which also limits the cost (can't have any fancy dual/triple GPU configurations, no fancy CPU cooling and have to have low profile ram). Heat can be a bit of an issue. These m-atx cases are around:

length: 12.75"
Width: 3.9"
Depth: 17"

But of course you can lie it on its side and make it low profile, not sure what that would do for airflow. Sorry it's in inches but I just googled it and it came up with an american website.

You can also get some larger towers which give you a bit more freedom with the internals as wiring can be a nag in m-atx cases without being too large such as the Coolermaster haf 912 which is around 19.50" x 9.10" x 18.90". Also an american website so inches.

Very true yak. I had a shuttle case PC was a total pain to wire up. Also only could certain mother boards. So I invested in what I have now.

mrgrumpy1989

• Has-Been
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 2301
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 19
  • F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 3rd Place [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 06:26:31 pm »
I've heard the PS4's going to be more powerful than the 720.

Apparently the 720 specs have been leaked and they match an entry-level gaming PC apparently.

Ultimately, I will end up with a PS4, but don't know how far down the line it'll be. It would definitely need 1 of those "Super-HD/4K" TVs that they're bringing out later this year I'd imagine
2x Champion (F1 2010 F1 & F1 2012 F2) and 5x Constructors Champion ( 2x F1, 2x F2 and 1x F4 )

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
PS4
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 06:35:58 pm »
I think your right grumps. Plus they always get more out of what the specs are. Would we have thought Uncharted 3 was possible with the specs back in 2006?

mrgrumpy1989

• Has-Been
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 2301
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 19
  • F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 3rd Place [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 06:39:12 pm »
I think your right grumps. Plus they always get more out of what the specs are. Would we have thought Uncharted 3 was possible with the specs back in 2006?

True. Look at the upcoming The Last of Us - PS3 exclusive made by the same developers Naughty Dog. The graphics are even better than the Uncharted series, which i didn't think was possible.
2x Champion (F1 2010 F1 & F1 2012 F2) and 5x Constructors Champion ( 2x F1, 2x F2 and 1x F4 )

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSN: Michael_Holliday
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 66
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1558
  • Level: 13
  • Trophies: 12
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 06:49:57 pm »

True. Look at the upcoming The Last of Us - PS3 exclusive made by the same developers Naughty Dog. The graphics are even better than the Uncharted series, which i didn't think was possible.

I'm desperate to get my hands on that game haha. Been following it since it was announced. Supposed to have a multiplayer aspect to it which could be interesting depending on how they go with it, taking into account it's pretty much a survival game.

Beyond: Two Souls is another game i'm eagerly awaiting from Quantic Dream; Heavy Rain was my game of the year a couple years back and i'm sure this will be just as good, if not better. Plus Ellen Page is involved as the main character, who ranks #2 on my favorite female actresses, behind Jennifer Lawrence of course!

On Jennifer Lawrence, if anyone hasn't seen it, watch Winters Bone if you get the chance. Best film i've seen in a while; it was released in 2010 but I only got round to watching it the other day.
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 08:47:31 pm »

Apparently the 720 specs have been leaked and they match an entry-level gaming PC apparently.

Ultimately, I will end up with a PS4, but don't know how far down the line it'll be. It would definitely need 1 of those "Super-HD/4K" TVs that they're bringing out later this year I'd imagine

I herd this as well and seen it on a website today. Sony also said why should we go first. If we went first then our rivals can copy our specs.

Those games look great I am thinking about getting it. Though I do not know much about the last of us.

I believe they always said the ps3 would have a 10 year life span. With the last of the games coming showing of what the system can really do.

ELITEBUZZ_TIGAZ

• Callum Skidmore-Woods
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Don't be sad it's over, Smile because it happened
  • PSN: HammerHeadEagle1
  • FIFA Club: Tottenham
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • Likes Given: 308
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1168
  • Level: 10
  • Trophies: 9
  • FIFA 15 - Championship Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 16 - Premiership 3rd Place - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 08:55:16 pm »

I herd this as well and seen it on a website today. Sony also said why should we go first. If we went first then our rivals can copy our specs.

Those games look great I am thinking about getting it. Though I do not know much about the last of us.

I believe they always said the ps3 would have a 10 year life span. With the last of the games coming showing of what the system can really do.

mine is 7 years old and is starting to act old, loading times have increased dramatically
"if you dont want blue flags, be at the front!"Kimi Raikonnen
"Life is like a box of chocolates" MrAgro
 "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." Some girl in my school
"Time's fun when you're having flies." Kermit the Frog

walks87

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: walksy4
  • Likes Given: 0
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1053
  • Level: 9
  • Trophies: 6
  • FIFA 13 - EU League - Premiership Champion - Season 1 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL GT5 PSGL Cup - Constructors Champion - Season 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 09:12:24 pm »
I heard that sony are meant to be the first to launch the new 4k televisions as they are the only company that can supply 4k content at the moment. This would suggest to me that the new playstation would support 4k, surely it would have to as it will be the next generation in tv tech.
However it has been said that the majority of the worlds countries broadband, would not be able to cope with 4k file share for streaming or downloading. This is where the media is now, via internet, so it is possible that 4k is still a long way from becoming viable.

Will i be getting a ps4? Well I am undecided. Currently on my 4th PS3 as we speak so I do not want to be going through that again. However Xbox have there problems too. Me being a cheapskate, the xbox does not appeal to me with there payed for subscription, when sony offer it for free, yes you may get content early on some games but if the game servers are at fault. Well then it does not matter what platform you are on you will get problems with connections.
The ps3 has had miles better exclusive games in my opinion and the blu ray is also a big plus.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:22:41 pm by walks87 »
PSN:ID walksy4