Author Topic: PC Gaming - General Discussion  (Read 12052 times)

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: JknRich
  • Main League: GT5
  • Likes Given: 4
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 48
  • Level: 0
  • Trophies: 3
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Member of the Year 2012 Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: PC gaming
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 10:24:12 pm »
I play a load of Team Fortress 2 and am getting decent at it whilst I wait for F1 2012.

Anyone want to play a few rounds at some point?

I might jump on for a few bud. Had it for ages but never played it yet like so i'll be terrible!

Just got Arma 2 installed and everything, got Day Z sorted, looking for people to play with as I don't fancy trying to survive on my own haha! Let me you if you play it :)

I'm playing skyrim, it makes the ps version look so bad.

What is arma 2

BigsBee_McBuds

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: BigsBee_McBuds
  • Likes Given: 3
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2012, 06:20:13 am »
I play a load of Team Fortress 2 and am getting decent at it whilst I wait for F1 2012.

I might jump on for a few bud. Had it for ages but never played it yet like so i'll be terrible!

Just got Arma 2 installed and everything, got Day Z sorted, looking for people to play with as I don't fancy trying to survive on my own haha! Let me you if you play it :)

Yay someone else with arma 2/DayZ!!! I have a Premium Team Speak server and a DayZ server as well! If you'd like to join in! I have a guild with 5 people so far.

Team Speak Info: astatine.typefrag.com:8755

I made a post about it i think can't remember though. Was trying to get people into it or at least check it out. Just pm if you want to join in or if you have xfire mssg me on there my ID is bigsbeemcbuds. Hope to see you in chernarus and hope you survive! :P

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Member of the Year 2012 Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2012, 08:46:59 am »

Yay someone else with arma 2/DayZ!!! I have a Premium Team Speak server and a DayZ server as well! If you'd like to join in! I have a guild with 5 people so far.

I made a post about it i think can't remember though. Was trying to get people into it or at least check it out. Just pm if you want to join in or if you have xfire mssg me on there my ID is bigsbeemcbuds. Hope to see you in chernarus and hope you survive! :P

Is arma 2 free will look into, wonder if my will run it.

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSN: Michael_Holliday
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 66
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1558
  • Level: 13
  • Trophies: 12
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 Runner Up [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2012, 12:57:51 pm »

Deffo mate. I've got you on xfire so will pop you a message later on. What times to you generally play?

Rich, Arma 2 is a military shooter, but I only got it to play DayZ; which is a mod for it. It turns the game into a massive online survival game. You're on servers with other real people as well as AI zombies. The objective is to pretty much survive as long as possible. You need to scavenge food and water otherwise you'll starve to death, collect weapons to protect yourself etc. But the thing is, the other real life people on the server are doing the same thing as you and can kill you for your stuff.

You need the 25 version from the Steam store to play Day Z but there is a free version as well which is just the standard game.
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1115
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2012, 01:33:59 pm »
I remember playing the original Opertation Flashpoint on the PC back in the day   :)  that was some hardcore gaming  lol  yomping across hills, waiting for the character to get his breadth back before jogging furthers. All because i crashed my jeep  :21:

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: PC Gaming - General Discussion
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2012, 05:40:49 pm »

Deffo mate. I've got you on xfire so will pop you a message later on. What times to you generally play?

Rich, Arma 2 is a military shooter, but I only got it to play DayZ; which is a mod for it. It turns the game into a massive online survival game. You're on servers with other real people as well as AI zombies. The objective is to pretty much survive as long as possible. You need to scavenge food and water otherwise you'll starve to death, collect weapons to protect yourself etc. But the thing is, the other real life people on the server are doing the same thing as you and can kill you for your stuff.

You need the 25 version from the Steam store to play Day Z but there is a free version as well which is just the standard game.

Im now downloading the free versio,. to see what it is like and see if my pc can handle the game. If all good then I will treat myself with the version your talking about
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:33:59 pm by humanfish »

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 08:22:43 pm »
I have downloaded the free version, and for some reason I can't enter any type of tank, helicopter, anything. My guy grabs the side and then it just spits me out 

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSGL Achievements
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 Runner Up [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 09:56:00 pm »
Sounds like either a bug in the game maybe, or your playing on a laggy server.

I'm assuming there's a server list, if so, click it so it sorts it by the ping and then go on the one which has got the lowest ping. See if that helps :)
#Believe

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 11:17:03 pm »

I'm assuming there's a server list, if so, click it so it sorts it by the ping and then go on the one which has got the lowest ping. See if that helps :)

Im not sure if it was just the free version, but everything was running great then the game totally crashed my pc. So i uninstalled it. Not sure if it will go back on

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2012, 12:08:39 pm »

Im not sure if it was just the free version, but everything was running great then the game totally crashed my pc. So i uninstalled it. Not sure if it will go back on

You might have been running it on too high settings. What's the specs for your PC?
#Believe

BigsBee_McBuds

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: BigsBee_McBuds
  • Likes Given: 3
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 06:26:58 am »

You might have been running it on too high settings. What's the specs for your PC?

yeah that might be the problem... Since im in the process of building a PC i cant have my graphics on this PC any higher than normal :( but once i get my GTX 680 graphics cards ill be running 1080p graphics on high :D can't wait!!! :113:

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 08:09:30 am »

yeah that might be the problem... Since im in the process of building a PC i cant have my graphics on this PC any higher than normal :( but once i get my GTX 680 graphics cards ill be running 1080p graphics on high :D can't wait!!! :113:

I not sure if its that I'm running skyrim on the highest settings and its smooth as silk. I will post them in a bit.

RC_MoNsteR_99

• PSGL Premium Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: RC_MoNsteR_99
  • Main League: Formula 2
  • Likes Given: 140
  • PSGL Achievements
  • PSGL Premium
  • Gamerscore: 2457
  • Level: 18
  • F1 2014 - F1 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 GT6 - Time Trial Runner Up - Season 1 GT6 Semi-Pro League - Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
PC Video Thread - Share Your's!!
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2015, 03:41:02 pm »
If you want to share some PC gameplay you can do that here.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:43:53 pm by humanfish »

RC_MoNsteR_99

• PSGL Premium Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: RC_MoNsteR_99
  • Main League: Formula 2
  • Likes Given: 140
  • PSGL Achievements
  • PSGL Premium
  • Gamerscore: 2457
  • Level: 18
  • F1 2014 - F1 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 GT6 - Time Trial Runner Up - Season 1 GT6 Semi-Pro League - Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: PC Video Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2015, 03:43:16 pm »
Stock Car Extreme.
Formula Extreme @ Austria (Red Bull Ring)

Monty

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Monty9287
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • Likes Given: 667
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1555
  • Trophies: 5
  • GT6 Pro League - Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 GT6 Pro League - Constrcutors Champion - Season 2 GT6 - Time Trial 3rd Place - Season 1 GT6 Christmas Race 2013 - 3rd Place F1 2013 Christmas Fun Night 2013 - Runner Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2015, 05:38:04 pm »
I'll get some vids up soon

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1115
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2015, 10:47:20 pm »
Basic HUD on that title, certainly no frills!! How do the physics hold up?