Author Topic: PC Gaming - General Discussion  (Read 11751 times)

BigsBee_McBuds

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: BigsBee_McBuds
  • Likes Given: 3
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
PC Gaming - General Discussion
« on: August 05, 2012, 09:27:58 pm »
Just wondering if anyone here plays any pc games? I recently got Arma 2 combined operations. It's military game eith single player and multiplayer modes, best of all they have a mod for ot called DayZ it takes the same HUGE open world map and puts zombies it in!!! It's a realistic survival game as you need food n water to survive and bandages for wounds I highly recommend everyone looking into this game and mod!!!

Google - arma 2 combined operation - around 30 bucks

For mod just search DayZ its a really great and awesome game!! If anyone has it or is getting it let me know so we can team up and survive together, the average life of players is 49 minutes now lol its really intense
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:34:35 pm by humanfish »

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSN: Michael_Holliday
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 66
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1558
  • Level: 13
  • Trophies: 12
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: PC gaming
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 09:46:45 pm »
I've literally just finished building my comp. Been building it for the last month or so and joy behold the case was the last part to come  :o

I've only got a couple of games atm; Minecraft, Sims 3, AC:B and FM I think, but i'll be checking out Steam either tonight/tomorrow to see if they've got any decent deals going!

I'll check that out later on too as i've never actually heard of it but it sounds good. I'll let you know if I get it :)

FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: JknRich
  • Main League: GT5
  • Likes Given: 4
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 48
  • Level: 0
  • Trophies: 3
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Member of the Year 2012 Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
PC gaming
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 10:48:53 pm »
I've literally just finished building my comp. Been building it for the last month or so and joy behold the case was the last part to come  :o

I've only got a couple of games atm; Minecraft, Sims 3, AC:B and FM I think, but i'll be checking out Steam either tonight/tomorrow to see if they've got any decent deals going!

I'll check that out later on too as i've never actually heard of it but it sounds good. I'll let you know if I get it :)

Is minecraft any good

Tejuarr

• Charismatic Enigma
  • Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 1841
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:12:09 pm »
I used to go round the country lanning it on counter-strike lol.. Got quite good at it :( ..

Very sad.

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSGL Achievements
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 11:21:42 pm »

Is minecraft any good

It's brilliant mate. The freedom you have with it is unreal. Quite hard at the start as you literally start with nothing, but once you get a little house made out of sand/wood/whatever and a bed it's sweet! You just mish around the world, going through caves to find different ore to make better tools/weapons/armor with, it's so addictive!
#Believe

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: JknRich
  • Main League: GT5
  • Likes Given: 4
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 48
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Member of the Year 2012 Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
PC gaming
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 11:50:01 pm »

Is minecraft any good

It's brilliant mate. The freedom you have with it is unreal. Quite hard at the start as you literally start with nothing, but once you get a little house made out of sand/wood/whatever and a bed it's sweet! You just mish around the world, going through caves to find different ore to make better tools/weapons/armor with, it's so addictive!

I have the pocket version on my iPhone. And not even looked at it. Not sure what I am doing tbh.

I may have to look at it.

I used to be a hardcore pc gamer. Till it cost me to much money. As upgrading all the time is mental. I do have a pretty tidy lappy that plays games. I'm happy with the ps3.

BigsBee_McBuds

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 12:43:16 am »
I have minecraft as well we should play sometume but I really highly recommand arma 2 combined operation with the DayZ mod youtube DayZ and check it out

yak-404

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• yak not found
  • PSN: yak-404
  • Likes Given: 0
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2012 - F2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 4 F1 2012 - F2 Drivers Runner Up - Season 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 09:47:40 am »
I'll be getting a gaming PC about a month after the next-gen of consoles comes out, because I can't be bothered to stick with consoles anymore.

Hopefully that will be quite a way off!

mrgrumpy1989

• Has-Been
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 2256
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 19
  • FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 3rd Place [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 09:54:29 am »
I've recently bought a gaming laptop and I'm playing a lot of Project CARS. It's a racing sim that's due out next year on all formats, but is primarily being made for PC. With so long left in development, it's already better than GT5 IMHO and is shaping up to be the best racing sim ever made.

I've paid a one-off payment of around 20 quid to get a new build every Friday. Once the final game is released, I get that back as a discount towards the finished game. I also get an AI driver with my real name in the final version lol. Or, you can pay around 40 quid to get the same as me, but you get the finished game for free, an AI driver named after you and access to exclusive cars and tracks.

It's really worth it :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:32:05 pm by mrgrumpy1989 »
2x Champion (F1 2010 F1 & F1 2012 F2) and 5x Constructors Champion ( 2x F1, 2x F2 and 1x F4 )

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1106
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 07:08:47 pm »
First paycheck spent then Grumps?  ;)
What do you control the cars with, the keyboard or a controller?

mrgrumpy1989

• Has-Been
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 2256
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 19
  • FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 3rd Place [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 07:30:59 pm »
I use a xbox 360 controller for windows. Impossible to play with keyboard lol
2x Champion (F1 2010 F1 & F1 2012 F2) and 5x Constructors Champion ( 2x F1, 2x F2 and 1x F4 )

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1106
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 07:41:07 pm »
i was gonna say that was an option, must work quite well though

JK-Saturnine

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Bump and Grind
  • PSN: JK-Saturnine
  • FIFA Club Position: Any
  • Likes Given: 36
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 42
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! FIFA 12 5v5 League Winner - Season 3 PS3GL Premium Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 07:54:18 pm »
I downloaded Tribes, which is a free to play Halo-lookalike first person shooter with the unique selling point that you got a sorta jetpack. Was fun when I tried it but dunno what I'm doing! If anyone else has it I'll happily try give it another go if their prepared to put up with a right noob

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 10:28:41 pm »
I'll have a look at Tribes in a bit.

I'm just waiting on my GFX coming, as the one I bought was faulty so currently using an old Radeon 5450 which isn't the best, to try out the more graphical games.

Anyone play(ed) League of Legends? Had that downloading today and currently installing it now!
#Believe

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 05:39:05 pm »
Yeah League of Legends is a good game. A bit like World of Warcraft but it's all like battles, there's no doing any quests or what have you.

Would love to play Minecraft with a couple of people, only played it offline, be great to get a proper little adventure going, using Skype etc to talk to each other properly!!
#Believe

BigsBee_McBuds

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2012, 06:17:56 pm »
Yeah League of Legends is a good game. A bit like World of Warcraft but it's all like battles, there's no doing any quests or what have you.

Would love to play Minecraft with a couple of people, only played it offline, be great to get a proper little adventure going, using Skype etc to talk to each other properly!!

I have leagues of legends if you wanna show me the basica lol I also have minecraft but ive been sucked into DayZ for the past week lol. I wanna look into tribes and project cars as well