Author Topic: Super Smash Bros for Wii U Discussion [WiiU]  (Read 790 times)

Craigieboy007

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Craigieboy007
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Main League: Formula 5
  • Likes Given: 8
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 178
  • Level: 2
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros for Wii U Discussion [WiiU]
« on: November 30, 2014, 04:06:02 pm »
I'm not sure how many of us actully have Wii Us but I imagine that the ones who do will probably know about this little game.

Having had the game since Friday I can say it's an absolute blast. The real meat of the game is in the multiplayer so that's why I made this thread so I can get a few more playmates to have a smashing good time.  :113:

Betrayer46

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• VR46 the G.O.A.T
  • PSN: Betrayer46
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • My Favourite Game: Gran Turismo
  • Likes Given: 735
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 5528
  • Level: 34
  • Trophies: 28
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 GT5 Pro League - Drivers Champion - Season 1 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 6 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 5 GT5 PSGL Cup Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Super Smash Bros for Wii U Discussion [WiiU]
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 09:16:01 pm »
My kids will be getting this for xmas. Matthew ( my older one ) is kick arse at melee and brawl.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 980
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 10:36:06 pm »
I know Betrayer plays a fairbit of WiiU, its about time  lol  there was probably a years worth of dust on the damn thing :)

I've been reading that there is a good amount of games out, or coming out now for the console. But personally, it is an awful lot of money for what effectively is a Mario machine. It would need to be 150 with a game for me to even consider it. I have never actually owned a Nintendo console, and i can't see that changing if i am honest.

I am getting an iPad mini for Chrimbo and i am quite interested to see what games are available for it. After looking at some website and YouTube reviews there seems to be a great selection out there. When you consider all the other functionality you get with a tablet, you begin to see why kids, and adults, don't buy handhelds anymore. Well, apart from in Japan.

Betrayer46

• Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• VR46 the G.O.A.T
  • PSN: Betrayer46
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • My Favourite Game: Gran Turismo
  • Likes Given: 735
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 5528
  • Level: 34
  • Trophies: 28
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 GT5 Pro League - Drivers Champion - Season 1 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 6 GT5 PSGL Cup - Drivers Champion - Season 5 GT5 PSGL Cup Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 10:58:30 am »
True but nintendo have joined the "figure" bandwagon with the new "Amibos"

So not only do i have to buy the game but also the amibo characters too. Plus the "must have" gamecube controller, well to one mario for Matthew an luigi for Dan. Then the gamecude wii u adapter. All in all over 250 spent :(

Couple that with Disney inifinity and Skyanders being a Dad of two young lads isnt cheap these days.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 980
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 11:23:05 am »
Yea, I was speaking to a guy at work who had bought the starter pack of the Disney one. It sounds like a licence to print money.

Whereas in years gone by you would have spent 60 and got a a full game full of characters and level, it seems you now need to buy these packs to get a few characters and an area of levels.

Like many things in gaming, blame Activision for starting it lol