* F1 2017

F1 2017 League Details
   Current Season Dates
   Start: 12 September 2017
   End: 24 December 2017

General Race Format
   Each race event consists of a 15 minute qualifying session, followed by a 50% race
   with dynamic weather and parc fermι on

F1 / F2 / F3 / F4 / F5 / F6
   League Format

These leagues allow the use of all assists and use equal performance cars to provide
   a level playing field for all racing

FP League Format    This league uses 2017 performace levels with car allocations periodically changing to
   offer close racing irrespective of pace

FE League Format    Our hardcore league format offering drivers a full race distance experience
   FC League Format    Our newest league, making the most of the heritage of the sport and allowing racers to
   compete in classic cars

1st – 16 pts / 2nd – 12pts / 3rd – 10 pts / 4th – 8 pts / 5th – 6pts / 6th – 5 pts
   7th – 4pts / 8th – 3 pts / 9th – 2 pts / 10th – 1 pt
Current League Champions
F1
xJackLacey
F2
gamer_DA_best262
F3
UnomiWonKentucky
F4
WarrenHagueF1
F5
Trenchgun
F6
FrnkDnk
FP
jake_lfc01
FE
gamer_DA_best262
FC
TBC

Author Topic: F1 league licences  (Read 905 times)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1174
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
Re: F1 league annoucement!
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 08:57:47 pm »
I seriously don't understand the point being raised about segregation?

From what I understand that is how racing on this site happens. The leagues are divided (segregated) into groups of 20 each and then they form the grids of F1 to F6 and other formulas. They all already have separate (segregated) chats where they communicate. They already race on different (segregated) days.

What impact will the lisence have on that? None.

What impact will it have on the forum where everything league is still open for discussion for ALL members (not an elite group). Where we unite as a community and annoy each other with banter.

Has the lisence made any impact on your access to the forum? None.

If you actually read through the whole thing you will see that the ESSENCE of the lisence is to reward 4 things:
1. Experience (number of seasons)
2. Loyalty (number of forum interaction)
3. Dedication (showing up for races)
4. Performance

Of these, the first three are essential for building our community. And the liscence is directly catering to that.

Well, can everyone take a breath and read this. Well done Oogiee for hitting the nail on the head.

Mountain and mole hill springs to mind.

Tejuarr

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 1878
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2017, 08:59:31 pm »
Just to lighten the mood somewhat.. anybody against the idea of me being a legend?

Speak now or forever hold your peace..

bluemosquito

• Charlie Whiting
  • PSGL Premium Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: bluemosquito
  • Likes Given: 263
  • PSGL Achievements
  • PSGL Premium
  • Gamerscore: 695
  • Level: 6
  • F1 2012 - F2 Drivers Champion - Season 4 F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Drivers Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 09:00:42 pm »
I think it's a great idea! Promoting forum activity is difficult but activity drives the community, I think we're getting a bit lost with most chat buried in the PS messaging system.

I look forward to seeing which license I start with

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Remco Vengeance

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Littleremco01
  • F1 Team: Force India
  • Main League: Formula 2
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 456
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3656
  • Level: 25
  • Trophies: 14
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - Classic League Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2013 - Classic League Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 09:01:31 pm »
Just a few things to add to this discussion from my point of view.

I agreed to the  licenses concept to make sure all members remain involved both in the races and on the forum. Therefor the licenses aren't awarded by just overall race pace, but also by community involvement and forum involvement.

We want to make use of these licenses to also potentially help in the stewards investigations, someone who would have more expirience in league racing and therefor a higher license might apologise earlier for a incident that he caused rather than someone with a Rookie or Silver license.

To call this idea out just to stroke some ego's is ridicilous, for example there are a handful of members who have spent hours, days, weeks and even their personal life to improve the quality of the community, the leagues and the websites. Therefor I agreed with BigC's names he gave to give the legendary license to show how much dedication they gave for this community,

Grumpy, Webcam, Tej, Irun, Remco, Malc, myself.

and if some of you call this a stroke of ego then I'm fine by that, but I prefer to be recognized for the hard work I put in for this community.

PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 182 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 129 | Points - 1994| World Championships - 5
Season 8 Race of Champions Winner

Hulkenburger

• Honi soit qui mal y pense
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Hulkenburger
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • Main League: Formula 3
  • Likes Given: 138
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 4
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2017, 09:04:02 pm »
I seriously don't understand the point being raised about segregation?

From what I understand that is how racing on this site happens. The leagues are divided (segregated) into groups of 20 each and then they form the grids of F1 to F6 and other formulas. They all already have separate (segregated) chats where they communicate. They already race on different (segregated) days.

What impact will the lisence have on that? None.

What impact will it have on the forum where everything league is still open for discussion for ALL members (not an elite group). Where we unite as a community and annoy each other with banter.

Has the lisence made any impact on your access to the forum? None.

If you actually read through the whole thing you will see that the ESSENCE of the lisence is to reward 4 things:
1. Experience (number of seasons)
2. Loyalty (number of forum interaction)
3. Dedication (showing up for races)
4. Performance

Of these, the first three are essential for building our community. And the liscence is directly catering to that.
Well it's quite simple, beforehand you could move between leagues freely, they weren't (officially) segregated by pace, and slower drivers did race in theoretically quicker leagues. This prevents that from happening, and also makes your 'rank,' for lack of a better term, quite apparent. The actual idea of a license with penalty points etc is very good, it adds flavour as I've said prior and allows the powers that be to track troublesome drivers.

However, it does, in my opinion, have the potential to cause issues which I have raised beforehand, whether members are actually mature enough to not gloat or show elitism over their 'rank' is up for debate, and time will tell whether or not it is the case. Moreover, and I've also mentioned this previously, that you can no longer jump into whichever league you please (numbers notwithstanding)  and that this system is in no small part based on pace, is a step, however small it may be, towards an elitist system which is something that I have been fundamentally against since I got here. Whether this actually happens or not only time will tell and I do hope it is a roaring success, but for the time being we are allowed to raise concerns about it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 09:05:42 pm by Hulkenburger »
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Completed 45 - Points 307 - Pole Laps 8 - Wins 4 - Podiums 13 (probably not accurate anymore)
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5 Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1174
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2017, 09:08:58 pm »
valid and constructive points Hulk, so time will tell. As we have said multiple times, if it needs tweaking so be it. Unfortunately Craig did himself no favours by making this out to be an ego thing, whether that was the main point he was trying to make or not. And if that was the only negative to come of it, well, i can think of worse things. I think the community can bring overly cocky drivers down a peg or two if needed.

Tejuarr

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2017, 09:12:01 pm »
Let's look at it from another angle..

Those with higher ranks can be seen as people to approach or even be role models to those newer racers.. aspirations and all that.

A rewarding system can only be good in my eyes!

Hulkenburger

• Honi soit qui mal y pense
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Hulkenburger
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • Likes Given: 138
  • PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2017, 09:50:42 pm »
Now that certain grievances have been aired, when exactly will these be handed out?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:00:31 pm by Hulkenburger »
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Completed 45 - Points 307 - Pole Laps 8 - Wins 4 - Podiums 13 (probably not accurate anymore)
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5 Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

Tejuarr

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2017, 10:00:41 pm »
Post says in due course.. I was actually trying to be funny when I said that, sure all will be aware when the licenses are handed out.

AMS97F1

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: AMS97F1
  • F1 Team: Force India
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Likes Given: 136
  • PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F3 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2017, 12:31:23 am »
Not that my views would matter much anyway :P, but I don't know if it will add anything to the site for me personally, they don't tell me how much fun I'm having, and that's the most important part, they don't really tell me how much I've achieved on track either, in any real detail. I sort of assume I'll be in Gold tier anyway, and I don't anticipate I'll ever be able to hit Super, so nothing changes for me, I know my strengths and where I stand, roughly, regardless of the tier I am.

But for new members or lower down members, if it adds value, I'm for it. I can see why newer members would enjoy the "levelling up" aspect, like Tej was saying about Gran Turismo, and the "role-model/approachable people" type thing. It's important to remember that it doesn't have to benefit you directly in order to be considered a positive addition. Overall a nice idea, it certainly wont do any damage to the site. 

F3/2/A Stats | Races: 45 | Wins: 3 | Podiums: 8 | Poles: 5 | Points: 249 | Best WDC finish: 2nd (F3 S17) | Best WCC finish: 1st (x2) |
F3 Constructors Champions Season 16 & 17

chullocookie

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Get Lucky.
  • PSN: ChulloCookie
  • F1 Team: Sauber
  • Main League: Formula 5
  • Likes Given: 152
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 227
  • Level: 2
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2017, 03:53:26 am »
I don't really have that much to say as in all honesty this doesnt change that much about the leagues. The only problem I could see (and I could be entirely wrong) is the lower tiered leagues like F5 and F6 could become overcrowded with new people wanting to join but not having a space to join. On the other hand it kind of gives an incentive to do better which might produce better racing (this is just pure conjecture though so take it with a pinch of salt.)

Can I just say props to Fish btw, because the licenses look great!

Maybe you can expect me to return to racing sometime soon :P

bluemosquito

• Charlie Whiting
  • PSGL Premium Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: bluemosquito
  • Likes Given: 263
  • PSGL Achievements
  • PSGL Premium
  • Gamerscore: 695
  • Level: 6
  • F1 2012 - F2 Drivers Champion - Season 4 F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Drivers Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2017, 06:11:47 pm »
Come back Chullo!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk