* F1 2017

F1 2017 League Details
   Current Season Dates
   Start: 12 September 2017
   End: 24 December 2017

General Race Format
   Each race event consists of a 15 minute qualifying session, followed by a 50% race
   with dynamic weather and parc fermι on

F1 / F2 / F3 / F4 / F5 / F6
   League Format

These leagues allow the use of all assists and use equal performance cars to provide
   a level playing field for all racing

FP League Format    This league uses 2017 performace levels with car allocations periodically changing to
   offer close racing irrespective of pace

FE League Format    Our hardcore league format offering drivers a full race distance experience
   FC League Format    Our newest league, making the most of the heritage of the sport and allowing racers to
   compete in classic cars

1st – 16 pts / 2nd – 12pts / 3rd – 10 pts / 4th – 8 pts / 5th – 6pts / 6th – 5 pts
   7th – 4pts / 8th – 3 pts / 9th – 2 pts / 10th – 1 pt
Current League Champions
F1
xJackLacey
F2
gamer_DA_best262
F3
UnomiWonKentucky
F4
WarrenHagueF1
F5
Trenchgun
F6
FrnkDnk
FP
jake_lfc01
FE
gamer_DA_best262
FC
TBC

Author Topic: F1 league licences  (Read 906 times)

Webcam17

• The Chosen One
  • Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: webcam17
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 612
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1355
  • Level: 11
  • Trophies: 13
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 Sprint Race Cup - Runner Up - Season 2 FIFA 15 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
F1 league licences
« on: August 23, 2017, 03:57:35 pm »

New for the F1 leagues!

With the new game just around the corner the F1 team have created a new concept that will be used for the coming season and season's that are to follow. The whole F1 team has had an input on it and we are very proud of our work. We are introducing a licence concept for the whole F1 section. Every driver will be awarded a racing licence, each licence will allow you to access certain leagues and events. Each licence has a number of criteria for it which you will need to have met to obtain it. To earn the licence above you must meet at least 3 of the criteria to progress onto the next licence. Below is the licence system in full as created by our F1 team, I think it's easier to explain by looking at it rather than me rambling on. expect more bit's of criteria to be added.

Rookie Licence
-All new sign ups
-Held for 5 races
-Entry to F5, F6, FP and FE.

Silver Licence
-All drivers that have successfully passed probation
-Entry to F4 and F3 after a season in F5/F6 (Approved By Admins/Directors)
-Current F4/F3 drivers
-High forum activity

Gold Licence
-Finished top 3 in either F3/4
-Raced in 2 seasons without missing more than 8 races.
-High activity on forum (Pre race questions and Paddock posts)
-Current F2 drivers
-Entry to F2
-High forum activity

Super Licence

-Significant show of pace in lower formulas
-Top 3 finish in F2
-High Forum activity
-Must of participated in at least 3 seasons
-Drivers Title -
-Current F1 Grid
-Entry into F1

Legends Licence
-Significant member of the community
-Notable Achievements
-Must be selected by directors
-Can be nominated by admins

Note to everyone that you will be assigned with your licence in due course. This will be based on past achievement sand what league you are racing in. Common sense will be used when awarding them out. Every driver will have one in order to participate in races here. They will be displayed in each drivers footer of there profile which can be seen every time they post.  If you pick up any penalty points they will also be displayed on your license just like in the real F1, 12 points and you have a race ban.

Below are some example's of what to expect the licence to look like. Special mention to HumanFish for making these!

We look forward to seeing you on track! If you have any questions don't hesitate to post them below!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:25:34 pm by Webcam17 »

ijsimo

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: ijsimo
  • Likes Given: 0
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: F1 league annoucement!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 04:08:46 pm »
Yeah, a picky one, but can we spell it British please? Licence with a second c, like the FIA Super Licence

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Webcam17

• The Chosen One
  • Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: webcam17
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 612
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1355
  • Level: 11
  • Trophies: 13
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 Sprint Race Cup - Runner Up - Season 2 FIFA 15 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 04:22:41 pm »
Yeah, a picky one, but can we spell it British please? Licence with a second c, like the FIA Super Licence

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Just for you!

ashbest122

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: ashbest122
  • Likes Given: 3
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • F1 2016 - F6 Constructors Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 05:38:34 pm »
Do past Top 3 finishes count? For example, if you were in F3 last season and have met all the requirements would you get a gold license? Also if you have a gold license can you move up to F2 straight away if there is space? How about if you're not on pace and need to move down a league, would the license still be the same? Also, will we have to make the license yourself or?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 05:41:17 pm by ashbest122 »

Hulkenburger

• Honi soit qui mal y pense
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Hulkenburger
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • Main League: Formula 3
  • Likes Given: 138
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 4
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 05:54:37 pm »
How necessary is this? It just seems like a way to segregate people. Unless it's replacing the trophies? In which case fair enough, although I'm not sure why.
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Completed 45 - Points 307 - Pole Laps 8 - Wins 4 - Podiums 13 (probably not accurate anymore)
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5 Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

BigC_019

• Philosophical One
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• x7 F1 Champion
  • PSN: BigC_019
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • FIFA Club: Chunga FC
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 1975
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2096
  • Level: 16
  • Trophies: 17
  • F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 06:31:14 pm »
Do past Top 3 finishes count? For example, if you were in F3 last season and have met all the requirements would you get a gold license? Also if you have a gold license can you move up to F2 straight away if there is space? How about if you're not on pace and need to move down a league, would the license still be the same? Also, will we have to make the license yourself or?

Your respective league admin will assign you a relevant licence.

The licence doesn't necessarily be linked with your league placing. For example, a guy in F3 could have a super license but will be racing in F3 not F1.

Obviously having a gold license will allow you to move up to F2, however, it's not for certain and depends on your performance, availability and other factors.

Humanfish will be providing a template for them, I doubt he will be able to edit 60 of them, for example.

| F1 Stats | Races: 105 | Points: 1146 | Podiums: 74 | Poles: 52 | Best finish: 1st (x39) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1174
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 06:34:27 pm »
It is not replacing trophies. The licenses are being in brought in to try and formalise some criteria for drivers and which leagues they should go in, partly for new drivers and to stop people parachuting into leagues randomly, but also to provide some general structure to all the drivers and their perceived ability/speed. The license won't strictly determine your league place, but will help show your experience.

It is being implemented in the full expectation that it will need tweaking and developing.

The forum signatures and lisence icons are a purely aesthetic additon to the forum.

BigC_019

• Philosophical One
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• x7 F1 Champion
  • PSN: BigC_019
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • FIFA Club: Chunga FC
  • Likes Given: 1975
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2096
  • Level: 16
  • Trophies: 17
  • F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 06:35:08 pm »
How necessary is this? It just seems like a way to segregate people. Unless it's replacing the trophies? In which case fair enough, although I'm not sure why.

[Fish posted just before me]

A lot of the admins were keen to have a firmer system which ensured people are in the correct leagues, and are given some incentive to race to a high standard but also improve forum activity.

It's not associated to trophies.

There's no intention of segregation. PSGL is a very open and welcoming community, we do not have silly age restrictions or anything like that. We just want a system in place which in theory should improve the leagues.

PSGL has been very successful since it has began, especially since F1 2015, however it important to try new ideas and we think, as an admin team, this will help things.

| F1 Stats | Races: 105 | Points: 1146 | Podiums: 74 | Poles: 52 | Best finish: 1st (x39) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Craig Pinchbeck

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Craig8728
  • F1 Team: Red Bull
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Likes Given: 301
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 481
  • Trophies: 8
  • F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 06:37:00 pm »
Sounds like a way to make things elitist and stroke people's egos which may be the reasoning behind this. I thought this was a site based on community. This new licence idea will only create further distance and segregation. A rediculous idea. This place is becoming more like AOR everyday. If we are indeed a site based on community spirit and inclusion then this idea is in direct opposite of it's objectives and intentions. It's a clear way to identify the differences of each individual member rather than promoting an atmosphere of togetherness and unity. Are we PSGL or AOR Mark 2?

If what's being said that someone can have a super licence and yet still race in F3 then how does that licence indicate which league a person should be racing in when this is the case. If it doesn't apply to how it should then why have it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:40:29 pm by Craig Pinchbeck »

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 06:37:14 pm »

Humanfish will be providing a template for them, I doubt he will be able to edit 60 of them, for example.

Yea, each driver will have a basic license icon, but the detail - any penalty points and other info -  will be in a thread within each league area, where all drivers for that league will be listed. It will be updated as and when needed.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 06:39:51 pm »
Sounds like a way to make things elitist and stroke people's egos which may be the reasoning behind this. I thought this was a site based on community. This new licence idea will only create further distance and segregation. A rediculous idea. This place is becoming more like AOR everyday. If we are indeed a site based on community spirit and inclusion then this idea is in direct opposite of it's objectives and intentions. It's a clear way to identify the differences of each individual member rather than promoting an atmosphere of togetherness and unity. Are we PSGL or AOR Mark 2?

Come off it Craig, we are trying it, hopefully for the benefit of the league. To say it is to stroke peoples ego's is insulting. It has been brought in with the best intentions, and if the other admins do not object, i'll admit that it was me who initially suggested it. And i have the least interest in stroking egos.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 06:45:13 pm »
Before the thread and annoucement decends into tit for tat commenting, i will ask any further comments not to comment on other leagues and how they do things. This is about us trying to improve our leagues.

Craig Pinchbeck

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 06:51:23 pm »
Nice to see my reply deleted....proves another point.

Boywithnoface

• I'm not God
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• 2nd Quickest Driver In Team BigC
  • PSN: Boywithnoface
  • F1 Team: Haas
  • FIFA Club Position: RM
  • FIFA Club: Gunda FC
  • Likes Given: 716
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 166
  • Level: 2
  • Trophies: 11
  • F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Drivers Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F5 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 06:52:45 pm »
Nice to see my reply deleted....proves another point.

It did not contribute towards discussion of the license system. If you want to moan about me then pm me.
Pole Laps 16 | Wins 15 | Podiums 48
Highest Race Of Champions Finish - 3rd | Constructors Winner x1
Drivers Runner up x3 | Overtake of the week winner x3 | Fifa 17 Season 1 Premiership Winner

Craig Pinchbeck

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 06:52:54 pm »
If it's the overall decision to go ahead with this idea and ensures closer racing then it's worthwhile. I just hope that it does not descend into elitist views and opinions due to certain licenses people have

ParkwayDrive2010

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: ParkwayDrive2010
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • FIFA Club Position: ST
  • FIFA Club: Bottlejobs Utd
  • Main League: Formula 2
  • Likes Given: 192
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 5
  • F1 2016 - F2 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - F2 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 06:53:26 pm »
Clearly just trying to cause problems Craig 😂😂😂 bore off