* F1 2017

F1 2017 League Details
   Current Season Dates
   Start: 12 September 2017
   End: 24 December 2017

General Race Format
   Each race event consists of a 15 minute qualifying session, followed by a 50% race
   with dynamic weather and parc fermι on

F1 / F2 / F3 / F4 / F5 / F6
   League Format

These leagues allow the use of all assists and use equal performance cars to provide
   a level playing field for all racing

FP League Format    This league uses 2017 performace levels with car allocations periodically changing to
   offer close racing irrespective of pace

FE League Format    Our hardcore league format offering drivers a full race distance experience
   FC League Format    Our newest league, making the most of the heritage of the sport and allowing racers to
   compete in classic cars

1st – 16 pts / 2nd – 12pts / 3rd – 10 pts / 4th – 8 pts / 5th – 6pts / 6th – 5 pts
   7th – 4pts / 8th – 3 pts / 9th – 2 pts / 10th – 1 pt
Current League Champions
F1
xJackLacey
F2
gamer_DA_best262
F3
UnomiWonKentucky
F4
WarrenHagueF1
F5
Trenchgun
F6
FrnkDnk
FP
jake_lfc01
FE
gamer_DA_best262
FC
TBC

Author Topic: [F1] Paddock  (Read 3357 times)

Irun

• Will smash you like Yuvraj
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 507
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3907
  • Level: 26
  • Trophies: 12
  • F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 F1 2015 - F2 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2014 - F2 Drivers Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
Re: [F1] Paddock
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2017, 11:04:52 pm »
Sauber sign Irun & Joel for Upcoming Season

It was a tense day for Sauber as they unveiled their driver line-up. Amidst all the competition, Peter Sauber elected to re-hire Joel who won a race for the Swiss outfit last season. He also brought in a familiar face in Irun who had previously raced for Sauber for 5 seasons across 3 different spells with the team - winning 3 drivers titles and two constructors championships along the way.

Irun's Sauber was knocked out of Q1 in a competitive testing session at Monza.

Peter Sauber enjoys a cigar after watching his last remaining car Joel finish 12th

Harry Redknapp, the dodgy wheeler-dealer, also signed a contract within the team as an Advisor. He spoke to the media from his range rover before leaving the Monza test session

"Well you know, it's a tweffic team Sauber - Absolutely fantastic. I'm working with a chairman that knows all about my wheeling and dealings, and hopefully we can wheel and deal our way to a good finish in the constructors."

When Redknapp was asked about Joel joining the team, he replied:

"Oh he's a tweffic fella he is. Well you know, when I spoke with Joel's agent Martin O'Neil, I got the impression that I was signing a top top player. He's got everything the lad, absolutely fantastic tweffic fella."

| F1 Stats | Races: 147 | Points: 1352 | Podiums: 82 | Poles: 8 | Best finish: 1st (x27) |

| Triple World Champion | Constructors Champion with Sauber (x2) | Updated after S16 Abu Dhabi |

Twitter: @IrunF1 | Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/7thGearRL

xMayhemMadness

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL's Laziest Driver
  • PSN: xMayhemMadness
  • Main League: Formula 2
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 31
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 04:22:57 pm »
Bittersweet first test race for controversial Mayhem in F1

Last Monday Force India officially revealed their driver line-up for the 2017 season. Surprisingly, Mayhem and Sam got the nod ahead of the bookies favorite and current Haas F1 driver Oogie. All eyes were then set to Monza for the first outing of the F1 grid.

Despite many assuming Sam would out class Mayhem in qualifying, it was actually Mayhem who ended Q2 in 4th while Sam was 7th. However, normal order was restored as the rain came down, with Mayhem failing to beat anyone else's time in Q3.

Mayhem posts a 1:21.1 in Q2

The race turned out to be one of the most controversial tests of all time, with despite it counting for nothing, Qpr and Mayhem having an incident that spilled over onto twitter, the pair eventually being silenced by F1 admin BigC and ex-director Tejuarr. Speaking recently to David Croft, Mayhem had this to say about the incident:
"after looking back on it, my initial reaction was unfair to qpr, I take full blame for the incident but luckily I was the only one affected and it's just a preseason race. On a positive note, the one lap pace seems to be there."

Mayhem and QPR moments before the two made contact.

Since starting 6th form Mayhem has been short of practice but hopes for a strong start to the season.
Race Starts: 24
Wins: 1
Podiums: 10
Average Finishing position: 4th

jake_lfc01

• Perez is Love, Perez is Life
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Are you taking the Mick?
  • PSN: jake_lfc01
  • F1 Team: Red Bull
  • Likes Given: 189
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 9
  • F1 2016 - F2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - FP Drivers Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 10:53:46 pm »
JAKE SIGNS FORCE INDIA CONTRACT

Team Owner Vijay Mallya revealed that ex-F1 driver Mayhem wasn't "ready" to be a Formula 1 driver. Here's what Jake had to say about his return to F1 

How excited are you to be joining the Force India crew?

"I am very pleased to be back and racing for a great team like Force India who I have always been a fan off. I expect the first few races to be difficult for me getting to grips with the car. I hope that I can challenge the Haas, Toro Rosso's and Mercedes teams and they look the most threatening, and my teammate ofcourse."

Whats your view on the grid for the upcoming season?

"Looking at the grid it's too close to call, the early championships contenders seem to be BigC, Gamer and Jamie. I don't think the Jack, Oogie and Pyne will be anywhere near the title race this time unfortunately. Hopefully they prove me wrong over the season. As for Dark Horses, Sam would definitely be one and also the two Saubers, a team with great experience could work to their advantage"

What's your season going to be like with Sam at your side?

"My teammate battle this season will be a lot more difficult seeing as Sam has really good pace for the upcoming season. I haven't lost a teammate battle so far in PSGL so well see how it develops. Sam has great race pace and is very consistent, this is a key area I need to develop on if I want to do well.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:11:00 pm by jake_lfc01 »

NPyne_35

StatusOfflineOffline

• "Quick Nick"
  • PSN: NPyne_35
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Likes Given: 551
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 6
  • F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2016 - F1 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - F3 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 07:07:53 pm »
Pyne to mark 1 year of League racing at Season Opener

As we edge to just over a week to the opening round of Season 18, hype is beginning to build and tensions will start to rise. Round 1 is set to take place on October 2nd which will be a landmark for one driver in particular. The date will mark one year exactly to the date when McLaren driver N Pyne made his League racing debut in Formula 3 (F4). It will also mark his 40th Grand Prix on PSGL. We spoke to Pyne to find out about how he's feeling about the landmark and also to see what his expectations for Season 18 were.

Pre Season: Pyne had strong pace at Austria but will he have the pace this Season?

Pyne was quoted in the interview saying the following...

"It'll be a nice occasion to race in F1 exactly 1 year from when it all started but my focus is completely on looking forward and focussing 100% on this season. I had a chance last season to take the Championship but it has made me want it even more and I'll do what I can to pursue that goal. Of course this season will be much tougher with the calibre of some drivers on this grid but as always I'll give it my all"

He went on to say...

"My pre season pace has looked a little down on the top guys but I really have lacked much motivation to practice with no racing in between. Now there's only one week to go I'm going to be back at it making sure I can get the best out of myself come next Monday. Whenever and wherever I have raced in the last year, I have always managed to go up a gear to match the fastest in the League so I am confident I will find the pace"

It'll have to be seen at around 1 who really has the pace as Pre Season has been so close and it's possible some drivers have been sandbagging.

It is now into single figures until the new season gets underway and hopefully it turns out to be a brilliant season. It certainly has the hallmarks of one but it'll require drivers to keep their heads and get ready for a rollercoaster season that is sure to be filled with controversy and most of all, brilliant competetive racing. Join Musical Venom as he commentates on all of this seasons races live from Monday 2nd October from 8pm. Who will come out on top as the New era takes on the Old era of PSGL greats? It is set to be a classic.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 07:11:55 pm by NPyne_35 »

F1 Stats
PSGL | Races: 50 | Poles: 12 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 19 | Championships: 0 | Points: 347
Championship position: 10th
F3 Season 16 Constructors Champion

gamefreaker1

• PSGL Member

StatusOnlineOnline

• The Disconnected One
  • PSN: Gamefreaker1
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • FIFA Club: Club Brugge
  • Likes Given: 277
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 3
  • F1 2016 - FE Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2017, 07:28:55 pm »
RENAULT STRUGGLES PRE-SEASON

After 2 Pre-Season races in Italy and Austria, the F1 season is now 1 week away.
The Renault drivers Gamefreaker and Faunus had some issues in Italy but could both finish the race in Austria and collect some data for the team.

Gamefreaker battling with Paudie in the opening stages in Austria

Both drivers have mixed feelings after the pre-season races :
"My Italian GP was finished after the first chicane, Austria was better in P6 but I crashed mid-race" (Gamefreaker)
"I also couldn't finish in Italy; Austria was a boring race for me but finished P4" (Faunus)

With 8 days until the season opener in Bahrain, Renault doesn't know where they are comparing to the rest of the field. We asked Cyril Abiteboul's opinion before the season kicks off :

"It's very difficult to say what to expect of the season, we can forget what happend in Monza and we need to get our confidence from the race in Austria. Both our drivers finished the race, in what was a very chaotic race. (only 7 drivers finished)
Our qualifying pace isn't the best so our main focus will be on the race, our strategy needs to be on top so expect some long stints from our drivers. We need to hope for some wet races and survive races like Singapore where a crash can happen before you know it"

Leagues: F1 & FP     
Best Result:  3x1st (F2 Silverstone Season 15, FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18)
Best Q Result : 2x1st (FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18)

Irun

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1 F1 2015 - F2 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2014 - F2 Drivers Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2017, 10:21:31 pm »
Redknapp thirsty for some PSGL F1 racing

With the PSGL F1 League given the green light to go ahead in 8 days time, Sauber's manager Harry Redknapp was visibly 'thirsty' for some PSGL F1 action. The 'wheeler-dealer' made a press appearance ahead of the Bahrain race as his cars prepare for practice.

Harry Redknapp, recently sacked from his managerial post at Birmingham City, spoke to the media ahead of his Sauber teams visit to Bahrain.

"Well you know, it's a tough tough league, and it's going to be a tough tough place to visit. Well you know, the atmosphere will be intimidating and we're going to have to be on our game if we want to come away with a result. If we get a point away from home, I'll be happy. Well you know, tweffic."
| F1 Stats | Races: 147 | Points: 1352 | Podiums: 82 | Poles: 8 | Best finish: 1st (x27) |

| Triple World Champion | Constructors Champion with Sauber (x2) | Updated after S16 Abu Dhabi |

Shortbread24

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL 2x Project Cars Champion
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Main League: Project CARS
  • Likes Given: 130
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 7
  • F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - FE Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 Formula Gulf Championship - Constructors Champion - Season 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2017, 11:16:15 pm »
Shortbread Out of F1 "Super Grid"

With the F1 season opener growing ever closer it has been announced Shortbread has called the curtains on his F1 career his manager Eddie Jordan had a few words to say on his behalf.

"With the apparent lack of pace that was shown tonight at a Bahrain practice session with the standings showing Shortbread to be more than a second down on his rival Sambamkid and fears growing that it will be a much larger gap to the eventual pole sitter. He has no motivation to practice on what is a shambles of a game and clearly a flawed physics model. He will now turn his attention toward Project Cars and expand on his titles there."

Scenes after Shortbread told Gamer he wouldn't be racing in F1 this season

Eddie had a word to say about the open seat at Mercedes.

"Sambamkid is the clear favourite to replace Shortbread he is well known to the team and gamer after having a highly successful season in F2, meaning that the new F1 recruit will likely end up at Force India."
Project Cars Starts-17, Podiums-14, Wins-8
F2 Starts-16, Podiums-8, Wins-2
F1 Starts-9, Poduims-1, Wins-1
FE Starts-6, Poduims-1, Wins-1

Gamer_DA_best2622

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Assists OP 😉
  • PSN: gamer_DA_best262
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Likes Given: 68
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 13
  • F1 2016 - F2 Drivers Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2016 - FE Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - FE Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Runner Up - Season 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2017, 04:13:35 pm »
Mercedes Mix Up!

After Mercedes driver Shortbread24 announced his retirement it left an empty seat beside the three time world champion gamer_DA_best262.

Shortbread announced retirement with immediate effect on Wednesday

This left Mercedes just 5 days to find a driver to fill the empty seat. In a press conference Toto Wolff came out and said they had everything under control and an announcement could be made as early as Thursday. He also said it had been know for a while that the situation could happen after shortbreads love for F1 didn’t continue over into the newly designed 2017 cars.

Sure enough the announcement has been made today by Force India F1 team that they would be releasing driver Sambamkid to join the team for a large cash sum and engine deal for the foreseeable future. Sambamkid said he was delighted that the team chose him to fill the seat and said he believes he has the experience to be a great member of the team and help fight for a constructors and potentially drivers world championship.

Sambamkid and gamer_DA_best262 stood with there new 2017 challenger

Gamer has said that he is very happy and did get an input on the choice of there new driver with him being a solid teammate at Red Bull last season.

This will be the toughest season the team has ever faced with many new and old drivers returning or being added to the grid. It all cracks of on Monday and we are hoping for a good, clean start to the new 2017 season of PSGL

F1 2016 S2 F2 DRIVERS/CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPION-Ferrari
F1 2016 S3 F2 DRIVERS CHAMPION-Red Bull
F1 2016 S1 FE DRIVERS CHAMPION-Mercedes

BigC_019

• Philosophical One

StatusOfflineOffline

• x7 F1 Champion
  • PSN: BigC_019
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • FIFA Club: Gunda FC
  • Likes Given: 2026
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2096
  • Level: 16
  • Trophies: 17
  • F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2017, 05:04:47 pm »
BigC rules out 8th title win

PSGL's most decorated driver, BigC believes winning an eighth title is ''highly unlikely'' due to a lack of raw performance show in testing ahead of season 18.

The 21-year-old heads into his 10th season in the league and has finished in the top four of the drivers' championship in each of the seasons.

Speaking ahead of the Bahrain Grand Prix, which kicks off later today, the 39-time F1 league race winner says he is ready for a tough season and doubts he can challenge for the podium in Sakhir.

BigC struggles to get to grips with the technical Bahrain International Circuit

"The ambition to win another title is there, but perhaps not to the same level. 7 titles was my aim and I was delighted to achieve it after season 16. I am here now to enjoy and fight. I know I am no longer the outright fastest over one lap or in a race situation, but with my experience, I hope we can pick up some good results. How good? It's hard to say there's many fast cars, fast drivers, so we will see. But overall, I do not feel we will be in a position to win the crown based on performance but also we will be absent from the Sochi round and potentially others later on in the campaign. "

Speaking about Bahrain, BigC said there are several other drivers who are faster than him currently around the desert track.

"Oogie, Jack, Jamie and Greeny are all definitely quicker than me. Drivers like Jake, Louis and Paudie have been very impressive in practice so it's going to be hard to score good points let alone a podium or a win."

| F1 Stats | Races: 108 | Points: 1128 | Podiums: 75| Poles: 52 | Best finish: 1st (x39) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Irun

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2017, 10:33:33 pm »
Under fire boss Redknapp dismisses Lap 1 collision accusations

With the F1 season underway, Harry Redknapp's driver Irun was at the centre of controversy in a bizarre lap one collision against BigC, leaving both drivers without a wing on the opening lap. This was followed by a hostile crowd atmosphere jeering and chanting 'sacked in the morning', referring to the wheeler dealer Redknapp.

Despite blame being left at the Sauber driver's doorstep for the collision, under fire boss Harry Redknapp was quick to dismiss accusations.

Harry Redknapp fought off claims that his driver Irun who finished 12th was to blame for the start collision with BigC.

"Well you know, everyone's going to have a view on the collision. It was a 50/50, both men were going for the ball and unfortunately they both picked up a knock. The referee played on which was the right thing to do. Thankfully neither picked up a serious injury, well you know tweffic."

Irun

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2017, 11:20:09 pm »
"Sacked in the morning"

Sauber Advisor, Harry Redknapp has been sacked by Sauber F1 following a disastrous start to the season, with only a 12th place and 3 DNF's to show for the team in the opening two races.

Harry Redknapp (pictured above) was alerted of his sacking as he read the newspapers in the morning

Redknapp's statement to the media following his removal from the Sauber F1 team is noted below.

"Well you know, tweffic."

jake_lfc01

• Perez is Love, Perez is Life
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Are you taking the Mick?
  • PSN: jake_lfc01
  • F1 Team: Red Bull
  • Likes Given: 189
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 9
  • F1 2016 - F2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - FP Drivers Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2017, 11:23:31 pm »
JAKE DISAPPOINTED WITH PREVIOUS RACES

After a DNF in Bahrain  and finishing down in 9th place in China he claimed that the pace was not there.

So Jake after a disappointing result in both China  and Bahrain were there any positives you could take?

The only positive I can come up with is my defensive performance, from Lap 16 onwards I battled like it was for the win, I didn't want to give up the position to Paudie so I gave it my all and kept the place in the end."

MaxiLuca made some comments about your defensive manoeuvre on the last lap at the penultimate corner, how do you've respond to them?

"He shouldn't expect me to give up the position, it was the final lap and I was defending it fairly. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the move, it was just an intense battle. Think he needs to get off husband high horse after Bahrain "

Which team and who have you been impressed with after Bahrain and China?

"Jamie and Oogie in the Haas Squad have definitely impressed me the most and just individually I think Louis has been the shock of the season finsihing 2nd twice now.

gamefreaker1

• PSGL Member

StatusOnlineOnline

• The Disconnected One
  • PSN: Gamefreaker1
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • FIFA Club: Club Brugge
  • Likes Given: 277
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 3
  • F1 2016 - FE Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2017, 04:26:47 pm »
1.8 Update should favor Renault drivers

In the next days, the FIA will confirm that they will introduce updates on the 2017 cars that will result in a more balanced use of traction control. The new rule should lower the advantage of medium traction control.
There was a lot of discussion about medium traction being faster, certain drivers had to choose for it, because it's clearly just the fastest way of driving the 2017 cars.

The 2 Renault drivers Faunus and Gamefreaker1 are very happy with the decision. Both drivers were struggling at the beginning of the season and they hope it will close the field and it's a way to score more points.

Faunus entering the pits at the end of quali in China. Suddenly the rain came down, which caused Gamefreaker to crash

After scoring a point in Bahrain, China was a bit worse for Renault.
Faunus had difficulties with the car and crashed out in the beginning stages of the race.
Gamefreaker was battling for the last points but eventually finished just outside the top 10 in 11th place.

Gamefreaker : "Qualified 11th so was the first guy who could chose fresh tyres, I opted for soft and change to medium halfway. My first stint was good but didn't had the best pace on the mediums. At the end I fought for the final points but couldn't profit of Jake and Maxi's insane battle.

Gamefreaker's first stint on soft was good, the medium stint could be better.

So going to Russia both drivers hope to gain an advantage from the new update on the cars. Gamefreaker showed a good shape by winning the FP race in Sochi so his confidence will be high. They also hope we will get the first wet race of the current season.

Other questions will be if Louis can keep his lead in the championship and if we can get a 3rd different winner of the season at the Sochi Autodrom? Follow it the 16th of October at 8pm on Venom's channel!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:29:53 pm by gamefreaker1 »

Leagues: F1 & FP     
Best Result:  3x1st (F2 Silverstone Season 15, FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18)
Best Q Result : 2x1st (FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18)

BigC_019

• Philosophical One

StatusOfflineOffline

• x7 F1 Champion
  • PSN: BigC_019
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • FIFA Club: Gunda FC
  • Likes Given: 2026
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2096
  • Level: 16
  • Trophies: 17
  • F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2017, 03:31:15 pm »
Tost: Too early for team orders

Toro Rosso team boss Franz Tost says it is too early to be talking about team orders between his drivers with it being so early into the season.

In a surprise turn of events, 15-year-old qprbeasts leads the drivers' championship on 40 points, with seven-time champion ruled out of Bahrain and China.

The 21-year-old from Leicester will be unable to practice for Spain and Canada leaving suggestions that Louis will be made the number one driver with BigC expected to help him.

A smiling Tost after Louis' maiden victory at the Sochi Autodrom followed by some afternoon delight.

"Firstly we are only three races into the season, it's very early to be talking about this. We are fully behind both of our drivers and hope they can achieve the best results possible. Our drivers have a great relationship so if it comes to that [team orders and assistance] then I am sure either driver will try to help where possible - this is the case with any team. It's a long season where anything is possible. We will discuss it for sure but for now, we will enjoy this moment and focus on Spain."

| F1 Stats | Races: 108 | Points: 1128 | Podiums: 75| Poles: 52 | Best finish: 1st (x39) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Irun

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2017, 06:22:45 pm »
Irun celebrates with a 5th place at Russia after 150th race

The former champion and the most 'experienced' driver of the grid, Irun headed into his 150th race in the Monday league and celebrated a 5th place finish under torrential race conditions. His teammate Joel missed out on the points following late controversial contact with Gamer's Mercedes.

Irun opened his account as he took an unexpected 5th place in a wet race at Russia

Irun spoke to the media following the race:

"I'm really happy to have got a 5th place finish in a tough race - it's never easy overtaking in the wet and starting from where we did on the grid. After a tough start to the season, it is clear that we're quite far down the pecking order in terms of pace, and we needed some form of divine intervention (wet weather) to get some good points. I'm just sad for Joel because he also drove really well and was on for points. But it's still some big points for the team which we desperately needed. I've been in the league for a long time, and never thought I'd reach this milestone of 150 races, so a thank you to everyone who's made my league racing experience an enjoyable one!"

Peter Sauber wore a nervous face as he watched his cars fight on. He also spoke to the media:

"It's a fantastic day for our team to open our account for the season. Irun drove a mature race and made some really nice overtakes to finish where he did. We could and maybe should have scored points with Joel, but unfortunately some people on the grid still need practice in how to overtake fairly and cleanly. Thankfully we have two drivers who can do that with the wealth of 'experience' that they possess. We look forward to Spain, but if conditions are to be dry, it will be a very big challenge to come away with any points - but as always we will try and do our best!"

Joel__96--f1

• Newest member of Team BigC
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Joelianomanu
  • F1 Team: Sauber
  • Likes Given: 165
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 189
  • Level: 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2017, 05:14:29 pm »
"SORE HEADS AND SORE BARRIERS"

This is what the 19 year old Northern Irishman told the media to expect this week, he was spotted outside the Canadian equivalent of spoons shouting uncontrollably "4 for a tenner can you believe that!"  the media interpreted this to be a special offer on jagerbombs that evening but we cannot confirm or deny wtf the mong was on about. He was accompanied by fellow countryman Kyle Lafferty who joked to the media, "I hope there's no special offers on corner cutting penalties on Monday"

Once the Northern Irishman stopped chanting he sat down with Canadian legend Jacques Villeneuve and spoke openly about what to expect this week, " Look Jacques, i'll be honest i've had enough of all the moaning, life goes on and you'd think some of these drivers lose sleep over whats faster medium TC or no TC. It was doing my head in so i've had to come for a drink to try and gather my thoughts for monday. Expect carnage, expect surprises and expect moaning. This season has taught me one thing, always keep stocked up on ibuprofen because you'll need it."

Performance wise its been shit for me and ill argue i've not had the rub of the green but im confident over a season i can protect my place in this league. Irun and myself are capable of surprises bigger than the 5th place at Russia, so stay tuned!
From a personal point of view, i needed help to get out of the league racing decline, so i contacted the tactical magician Michael O'Neil who simply told me to "widen the wheel base and play with wing backs"

Cheers Michael...