* F1 2017

F1 2017 League Details
   Current Season Dates
   Start: 12 September 2017
   End: 24 December 2017

General Race Format
   Each race event consists of a 15 minute qualifying session, followed by a 50% race
   with dynamic weather and parc fermé on

F1 / F2 / F3 / F4 / F5 / F6
   League Format

These leagues allow the use of all assists and use equal performance cars to provide
   a level playing field for all racing

FP League Format    This league uses 2017 performace levels with car allocations periodically changing to
   offer close racing irrespective of pace

FE League Format    Our hardcore league format offering drivers a full race distance experience
   FC League Format    Our newest league, making the most of the heritage of the sport and allowing racers to
   compete in classic cars

1st – 16 pts / 2nd – 12pts / 3rd – 10 pts / 4th – 8 pts / 5th – 6pts / 6th – 5 pts
   7th – 4pts / 8th – 3 pts / 9th – 2 pts / 10th – 1 pt
Current League Champions
F1
xJackLacey
F2
gamer_DA_best262
F3
UnomiWonKentucky
F4
WarrenHagueF1
F5
Trenchgun
F6
FrnkDnk
FP
jake_lfc01
FE
gamer_DA_best262
FC
TBC

Author Topic: [F1] Announcement  (Read 1069 times)

Tejuarr

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 1878
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
[F1] Announcement
« on: April 06, 2017, 12:28:14 am »
It is with the heaviest and saddest of hearts that I confirm the news tonight that with immediate effect I will be standing down as PlaystationGL director of Formula 1.

It has been an honour and privilege to give blood, sweat and tears to this amazing website and community, I have loved every minute of being your leader, friend and person to talk to.

To every person hated or adored I would like to say thank you, thank you for joining me in my dream that goes to each and every person who has signed up to take part in these Championships old, young.. new, seasoned.

I had one ambition that was to make this humble and modest website the biggest Playstation F1 League provider, from 7 members in 2010, we haven't done that bad hey ;).

I will be laying the foundations for next season with driver line ups and a calendar which has been provisionally set so whoever takes over will not go in blind and I'll always been on hand for advice.. I will probably not finish this season, I'm signed up for F4 for next season but that will now have a huge question mark over it.

A lot of things have happened in my personal life recently with a new job and being at home full time I could not do it to my wife and children anymore to be this dedicated to what I also love PSGL, Providing a safe place for Formula 1 fans to enthuse over their mutual interest; it is not how I wanted years of work and dedication to end but life isn't about fairytales; it doesn't always have a Disney script.

I always did my best to act with morales, principles and wearing my heart on my sleeve which at times got my fingers burnt.
If I had a weakness it was working too hard and being too determined, I always acted with what I believed was right for the site and its members and tried to cater for all; I did it all being me and I'll go out being me.

As I draw this emotional thread for me to a close, I would like to thank the unwavering support through thick and thin from Humanfish and TeddyUk they always have had confidence in me even in testing times and the sense of pride I got when I was given the title "Founder" was one of pride and achievement.

The admins of Formula 1 here at PSGL who served on the front line, in no particular order I would like to thank Irun, Bigc, Craig, JakeWarrior, MacPhee, Hilton, Dormanpalmer, ChristopherGore, mrgrumpy, wwfc, betrayer, sonam, webcam, elitebuzztigaz, craigpinchbeck, fabulouschicken, boywithnoface, RDO, mrstim, JakeLfc, qprbeasts, Ali, NPyne, musical-Venom, xRossi, philmcgivern, tranquillity, Zimmer, Ipswich, hulkenburger, Ulvaif, Iola, bobbydeacs, Canudoit, remcovengeance, Shortbread, FragglePaul.

Once again to everyone, thank you for joining and I hope you continue to support the greatest Formula 1 gaming website on the PlayStation.

No more fight left, only love. ❤️
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 04:29:31 pm by Tejuarr »

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• Check out our YouTube Channel
  • PSN: teddyuk1
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1453
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 775
  • Level: 7
  • Trophies: 17
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [F1] Announcement.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 01:17:29 am »
It certainly is a end of a era and I want to be the first to thank Tom for his outstanding commitment to the site and his vision for the F1 community and has shaped the league into the best competitive one in the world.

I completely understand your reasons and I'm extremely proud of what lies ahead for you and for all your achievements since joining the site all those years ago.

Thank you Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Webcam17

• The Chosen One
  • Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: webcam17
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 612
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1355
  • Level: 11
  • Trophies: 13
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 Sprint Race Cup - Runner Up - Season 2 FIFA 15 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 01:30:26 am »
Wow, that's a bit of a shock to the system, I didn't see this coming.

From day one when I joined psgl you were there helping guide me through and find my feet on the site and when racing, I'm internally grateful for it. You've done a Mega job here making the F1 leagues into what it is, not only in terms of the scale of the league's but the community side of it too setting the foundations for many many more years to come of online league racing through the F1 game. The F1 leagues would be nothing without you.

You're going to leave a huge void which will be a huge order for anyone to match. Thank you for everything you've done for me tej, I hope you stick around and keep in touch.

Shortbread24

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL 2x Project Cars Champion
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Main League: Project CARS
  • Likes Given: 98
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 7
  • F1 2016 - FE Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Champion - Season 2 Formula Gulf Championship - Constructors Champion - Season 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 01:39:53 am »
Would like to say thanks as well, though I'm a relatively new member I have seen the hard work that you have put in to not only make this the best place to race on PS4 but you have also built a community that respects each other's views and opinions. Who ever replaces you will have a tough task in filling your role.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:41:28 am by Shortbread24 »
Project Cars Starts-17, Podiums-14, Wins-8
F2 Starts-16, Podiums-8, Wins-2
F1 Starts-9, Poduims-1, Wins-1
FE Starts-6, Poduims-1, Wins-1

jake_lfc01

• Perez is Love, Perez is Life
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Are you taking the Mick?
  • PSN: jake_lfc01
  • F1 Team: Red Bull
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 188
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 9
  • F1 2016 - F2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - FP Drivers Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 07:51:31 am »
Didn't see this coming at all!

Thanks tej for all you've done for the site and for all PSGL members. You've always believed in me ever since I first joined. You've been a credit to me and this site. I understand why you have to step down as personal life can take over things so good luck on the future. I'm very grateful for what you've done for me and the F1 community!

Good luck my friend, Jake

mrstim96

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: mrstim96
  • F1 Team: Force India
  • FIFA Club Position: ST
  • Likes Given: 170
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 4
  • F1 2016 - F6 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F6 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 07:58:02 am »
Really sad to hear that Tom. You will definitely be missed by admins after you leave. It's been an honor to know you and to work along side you for the entire time. Thanks for everything you done to PSGL and thanks for placing me into PSGL. It's been a great honor to know you. You will be missed by everyone here.

Good luck in your future and thanks again, Artur

mrgrumpy1989

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • Likes Given: 2499
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 21
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 08:03:29 am »
Knew this day would come eventually, just didn't think it'd be this soon. :(

From where we started with just 7 members, to where we are now, you've done an absolutely amazing job over the years. Like Dave has said, this is going to leave a huge void, which is going to be extremely hard for whoever takes over the reigns. I have faith in whoever takes over that they'll do a stellar job though.

I just want to say a massive thank you on behalf of every single F1 member for everything that you have done for this site. You have given everything to this site over the years.... End of an era and you'll be missed.

Good luck in life my friend.

#ThankyouTom

TUSZMUSZ

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: TUSZMUSZ
  • F1 Team: Haas
  • Likes Given: 197
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 5
  • F1 2016 - FP Drivers Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2015 - F2 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 08:03:48 am »
The Hungarians- TheRefereeHUN, Leviii11, MorzsamanKing, PzalanHUN and myself-'d like to say thank you everything what you've done for PSGL, one of the best league ever.
Good luck in the future
[/youtube]

Leviii11

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• UTÁLOM AZ ANGOLOK
  • PSN: Leviii11
  • FIFA Club Position: ST
  • FIFA Club: Fradi
  • Main League: FIFA FUT
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 08:07:08 am »
Thank you for all Boss :) Thank you for you helped me always in this league, and remember all of the stupid things funny :D Thank you Tejuarr ;)

carworld658

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Corner cuts
  • PSN: carworld658
  • F1 Team: Sauber
  • Main League: Formula 3
  • Likes Given: 179
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • F1 2016 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 08:25:08 am »
Thanks a lot Tej.

I haven't known you long, only since may to be exact, but in that time I've taken a big liking to you.

Everyone on the site will feel this missing piece that you provided. Thank you very much for all your dedication.

carworld658.
Best finish: 1st x1
First Win: 14/05/2017 F1 2016 F4 Austrian GP
Best drivers' championship finish: 7th (F1 2016 F6 S1)

BigC_019

• Philosophical One
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• x7 F1 Champion
  • PSN: BigC_019
  • FIFA Club: Chunga FC
  • Likes Given: 1975
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2096
  • Level: 16
  • Trophies: 17
  • F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 08:31:15 am »
Sad news, I didn't think there'd be any more high profile departures but here we go, there may be a few more...

Nevertheless, a big thanks for you hard work and dedication on the site. It's been a pleasure. While there have been some rocky patches but there were always was going to be.

A thanks for giving me the responsibility of building the F1 league to being the best league on the site and keeping me as admin for so long.

Every story has its ending. Here it is. Good luck.

| F1 Stats | Races: 105 | Points: 1146 | Podiums: 74 | Poles: 52 | Best finish: 1st (x39) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

qprbeasts987

• Forum Moderator

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: qprbeasts987
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • FIFA Club: Hare Raam FC
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 528
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! F1 2016 - F2 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 08:43:16 am »
Thank you for all you've done, Tej, for the site and for me personally, really appreciate it. Even since I joined a year and a half ago, the F1 section of the site has come along massively, mostly down to your work. I hope your life after PSGL is successful and enjoyable, and once again, thanks mate.

:46: Goodbye tej
Career Stats:
Starts: 29 Wins: 3 Podiums: 4 Points: 118

Faunus01

• Pat Sharp's creation.
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Formula 1 for everyone
  • PSN: Faunus01
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • Main League: Formula 2
  • Likes Given: 1262
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1149
  • Level: 10
  • Trophies: 14
  • F1 2016 - FP Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - FP Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 2 GT3 Championship - Constructors Runner Up - Season 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 09:10:43 am »
Knew this day would come, it's inevitable, for everyone.

With all my heart I would like to thank you for everything you have done. You have made PSGL to what it is today. A home for alot of people. Almost every time of situation was thrown at ya, but you could put us back on the road again towards a nice place. You've been there for eveyone and we all love you and what you've done.

Congratulations on getting the new job as well ;) hope you have a successfull, enjoyable future. Do pop up and say hi sometimes though ;)

Thanks Tejuarr and goobye.
PSGL Career: Starts:60 Poles:15 Wins:10 Podiums:28 DNFs:2 Fastest Laps:8   Points:586 WDC:2 WCC:3

Paudie

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Paudie
  • Likes Given: 0
  • PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2016 - F3 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - F5 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F5 Constructors Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 09:30:02 am »
Thanks for everything tom all the best for the future m8 you will be missed

Musical Venom

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL F1 Commentator and F4 Driver
  • PSN: Musical_Venom
  • Likes Given: 170
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 10:02:17 am »
Thank you for being one of those who welcomed me to the community.

You have earned the right to make a decision like this with the huge contributions you have made to making PSGL what it is now and I wish you all the best.

Kind regards

Damon Hill

[PSGL Career] Seasons: 3 Starts: 41 Poles: 1 Wins: 2 Podiums: 9 DNFs: 3 Fastest Laps: 5 Points: 239
2x Constructors Champion (1x F3 1x F4)

NPyne_35

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• "Quick Nick"
  • PSN: NPyne_35
  • Likes Given: 496
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 6
  • F1 2016 - F1 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 10:43:12 am »
Just want to say a big thanks Tom. I completely understand your decision but over the last 7 years you have built an F1 gaming empire. To think you only started with 7 is insane. I am one of the newer members but I can tell how much effort has gone into this and it is no small feat. Thank you for showing faith in my by promoting me as Admin and also thanks for showing faith in my racing ability which has seen me in my very short time here progress from F4 to F3 and soon to be F1.

Thanks Tom 👍🏼

F1 Stats
PSGL | Races: 42 | Poles: 12 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 19 | Championships: 0 | Points: 324
Championship position: 10th
F3 Season 16 Constructors Champion